GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information
View Poll Results: Whose Tune Are You Using?
BamaChips
55.35%
Brenspeed
22.01%
Lido
3.14%
Canned tunes
3.77%
Other
15.72%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Whose Tune Are You Using?

Search this Thread

Old 1/20/07, 12:16 AM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,796 Posts
it's not an opinion, it's the law of physics..therefore there's nothing to get into to begin with..
Old 1/20/07, 12:27 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dougs 93 race tune is the greatest
Old 1/20/07, 12:30 AM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,796 Posts
I'll second that...
Old 1/20/07, 07:03 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 07VistaGT
Dougs 93 race tune is the greatest
+3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .... I find that it's interesting that the poll favors Doug by more than half as compared to all other "tuners" combined
Old 1/20/07, 11:51 AM
3rd Times A Charm

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
But can your car make it from Fremont to Wheatland?

Hahaha...

Had nothing to do with the tune. It was a fuse that popped for my fuel pump.

It's ok Rich, it's easy to keep from breaking things when you call it quits on the mods.
Old 1/20/07, 03:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
+3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .... I find that it's interesting that the poll favors Doug by more than half as compared to all other "tuners" combined

One reason that this is the case is that everyone here sings Dougs praises. Doug's tunes are great but I'll throw Brent's up against his any day. If we had as many posts about Brenspeed then the reverse would be true. Lots of people go the way the board goes. I have tried both tuners, Brent 1st, then I jumped on the BamaChips bandwagon and now I'm back with Brenspeed.

I wondered when you would catch that jab Nick!
Old 1/20/07, 03:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

One reason that this is the case is that everyone here sings Dougs praises. Doug's tunes are great but I'll throw Brent's up against his any day. If we had as many posts about Brenspeed then the reverse would be true. Lots of people go the way the board goes. I have tried both tuners, Brent 1st, then I jumped on the BamaChips bandwagon and now I'm back with Brenspeed.

LOL... Not sure that your argument would stand up in court . This is not a BamaChips forum, it's a Mustang forum. Do Brenspeed partrons congregate at another forum . Nonetheless, I agree, they're both worthy .
Old 1/20/07, 03:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I've never heard of Doug or Brenspeed until I came here. The Panther, T-bird, and Modular Depot community sing praises for Jerry W, Ken B, Lidio, Justin/VMP, and Dennis Reinhart.
Old 1/20/07, 03:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Take that!.. You Bama heads!........
Old 1/20/07, 04:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by SteelTownStang

Easy- see post #9. Add the fact that 'Bama posts here often and Brenspeed does not, and you'll have lopsided numbers. Either way, they're both OK. (poet and didn't knowit )
Old 1/20/07, 05:55 PM
Bullitt Member

I actually made my decision to go with Doug based off member opinions from a forum that neither post on.

I titled it "Best tune for my A/T?" Here's the link:

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2...a-t-71838.html

I chose Doug because his tunes consistently produced the quickest 1/4 mile times for the Auto members over there.
Old 1/20/07, 06:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by RUgoinUp?
I actually made my decision to go with Doug based off member opinions from a forum that neither post on.

I titled it "Best tune for my A/T?" Here's the link:

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2...a-t-71838.html

I chose Doug because his tunes consistently produced the quickest 1/4 mile times for the Auto members over there.
I read that thread....... one member spoke up regarding how after inputting a tune to tweak the auto improved his 1/4 times by 2 tenths over not having the auto tweaked. Also his mods are:

"It's a stock long block with just bolt ons. The CAI is a one of a kind that I made, Jet TB spacer, CMRC deletes, Steeda U/D damper, Meziere water pump, Hooker LT's X-pipe, and FRPP race mufflers. Prothane motor mounts. A BamaChips tune. An auto tranny with a TCI 3000 stall converter, FRPP 4.10 gears, Eaton Limited Slip. Lighter Steeda/KVR brake rotors. A shortened FRPP Ranger aluminum driveshaft. BMR rear suspension, and front sway bar delete. QA1 rear shocks, Bogart racing wheels, Hoosier Drag Radials 28", M/T Front runners. An MMR rear seat delete. Kirkey aluminum race seats."

Uh, yeah I would hope that tweaking the tune for his tranny would help improve his times considering all the other mods he has.
Old 1/20/07, 10:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by tom281
I read that thread....... one member spoke up regarding how after inputting a tune to tweak the auto improved his 1/4 times by 2 tenths over not having the auto tweaked. Also his mods are:

"It's a stock long block with just bolt ons. The CAI is a one of a kind that I made, Jet TB spacer, CMRC deletes, Steeda U/D damper, Meziere water pump, Hooker LT's X-pipe, and FRPP race mufflers. Prothane motor mounts. A BamaChips tune. An auto tranny with a TCI 3000 stall converter, FRPP 4.10 gears, Eaton Limited Slip. Lighter Steeda/KVR brake rotors. A shortened FRPP Ranger aluminum driveshaft. BMR rear suspension, and front sway bar delete. QA1 rear shocks, Bogart racing wheels, Hoosier Drag Radials 28", M/T Front runners. An MMR rear seat delete. Kirkey aluminum race seats."

Uh, yeah I would hope that tweaking the tune for his tranny would help improve his times considering all the other mods he has.
I'm not concerning myself with the whole Bama/Brenspeed comparision. The point I was making was it was a different forum and eight (8) people recommended/mentioned Doug.

The person you referenced already had a custom dyno tune (that may or may not have included tranny tweaking) and he still picked up an addition 2 tenths - which is astounding if you ask me.
Old 1/20/07, 10:25 PM
Former Vendor

I'm not concerning myself with the whole Bama/Brenspeed comparision. The point I was making was it was a different forum and eight (8) people recommended/mentioned Doug.

The person you referenced already had a custom dyno tune (that may or may not have included tranny tweaking) and he still picked up an addition 2 tenths - which is astounding if you ask me.
That's not bad at all. I'd like to know what this guys ET was with all of those supporting mods.
Old 1/20/07, 10:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
That's not bad at all. I'd like to know what this guys ET was with all of those supporting mods.
Here's his quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Saddles
Hi i'm George. Nice to meet you. I had been stuck at the 12.504 ET zone for a while on a local custom tune. I decided to add some CMRC deletes but my local tuner said they weren't worth anything. I knew different after seeing some dyno #'s and ET improvements on other cars. I called Doug and ordered his 93 race tune. He sent me 2 tunes, 1 for the mods I had with no tranny tune. The 2nd tune was for all my mods and a tranny tune. The first tune I tried was the tranny tune. I ran a 12.23 knocking off almost 3 tenths. Just out of curiosity I tried the tune without the tranny changes to see what the CMRC deletes were giving me. I ran a 12.41 So the CMRC deletes were good for about 1 tenth and the tranny changes were good for about 2 tenths. After this I added a Kirkey race seat to drop some weight and ran my best 12.17 Over the winter I'm adding BMR K-member, A-arms, QA1 struts, and a manual steering rack. I hope to lose 60-70 lbs off the front of the car and gain a little HP by eliminating the power steering pump. With a little luck I hope to get an 11 sec. time slip on the stock longblock naturally aspirated. You made a good choice going with Doug. He's one of the best tuners for the S197 auto cars.
Old 1/21/07, 05:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

The point I'm making is that your statement saying "I chose Doug because his tunes consistently produced the quickest 1/4 mile times for the Auto members over there." is misleading when you provide a thread that contains ONE member who has posted an improvement in ET when using the tune. To me, your statement implies many or even all members ran the fastest using Doug's tune, not one.
That's why you got the .
Old 1/21/07, 06:06 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

The point I'm making is that your statement saying "I chose Doug because his tunes consistently produced the quickest 1/4 mile times for the Auto members over there." is misleading when you provide a thread that contains ONE member who has posted an improvement in ET when using the tune. To me, your statement implies many or even all members ran the fastest using Doug's tune, not one.
That's why you got the .
Tom! these Bama heads, have drank the kool-aid... man!..... Bamachips is turning into some weird Cult worship!........They may need family intervention!........
Old 1/21/07, 06:13 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

LOL... Here we go again. I think this time I'll set back and watch LOL.
Old 1/21/07, 08:27 AM
Bullitt Member

That's why you got the .
You do have a point about the wording. I removed the comment, and should have worded it differently...although I believe you would have found fault somewhere.

Once again, my reason for providing the thread was in regard to the "forum" comment...which cannot be debated.
Old 1/21/07, 10:24 AM
Former Vendor

I don't see what the big debate is? Bamachips, Brenspeed, all seem reputable. I think people expect alot from everyone. You're going to get good service no matter who you go with. They both have a decent internet following, which is enough to support their businesses, and then some... and in turn bring local business.

I have a great local following locally (since 1979) that would go to bat for me, but I just recently started soliciting on the internet. So I get crucified when I reccommend that naughty word "custom tune" on the internet.

It alll comes down to... use who you're going to use, and have your preference on customer service and quality, etc. You can even help the shop out and brag what a great job they did. But don't push preferences on anyone else. Let them make their own decision. Isn't that what you'd want? To read everyone's comments and formulate your own opinion?

</ lame speech >

Quick Reply: Whose Tune Are You Using?