GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information
View Poll Results: Whose Tune Are You Using?
BamaChips
55.35%
Brenspeed
22.01%
Lido
3.14%
Canned tunes
3.77%
Other
15.72%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Whose Tune Are You Using?

Search this Thread

Old 1/21/07, 12:33 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,143 Likes on 1,723 Posts
And who said anything about a debate ? This isn't about brenspeed vs bamachips nor whose the better tuner ? perhaps if you had bothered to take the time and actually read the posts before stating your comments ? you just might notice that most of us have nothing but the highest regard of respect towards Brent and Doug, myself included..The opinion pole in question here is nothing more than members just voicing their personal preference and perhaps another good reason why most of us rave about how great their customer service happens to be ? is because whenever they make a commitment to call, e-mail their customers ? they do just that, they keep their word.. enough said !
Old 1/21/07, 12:42 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
And who said anything about a debate ? This isn't about brenspeed vs bamachips nor whose the better tuner ? perhaps if you had bothered to take the time and actually read the posts before stating your comments ? you just might notice that most of us have nothing but the highest regard of respect towards Brent and Doug, myself included..The opinion pole in question here is nothing more than members just voicing their personal preference and perhaps another good reason why most of us rave about how great their customer service happens to be ? is because whenever they make a commitment to call, e-mail their customers ? they do just that, they keep their word.. enough said !
Hey Rock, I am sensing that there is more to your comment than meet the eyes . I got a good idea though
Old 1/21/07, 12:43 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, I did take the time to read through the whole thread. If you had, you would have found that there was a little bit of hostility mentioning that brenspeed isn't favored as much as bamachips on this particular board. I simply summed it up saying "who cares, you get great service at either place, and they're both reputable". If you read my post, you'd see that! I was praising both places, saying let's not bicker about which, because I haven't heard a negative comment about either. Enough said.
Old 1/21/07, 01:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
I'm going to assume that you're talking about my post, and if I'm correct then let me set you straight, I have no hostility AT ALL against Doug- I have no reason to. I also don't have any problems with anyone else's tunes. I've said in my previous posts that you can't go wrong either way.

My response to RUgoinUp?'s post regarding Doug's tune for autos was because of how he worded it- you would think that Doug's auto tune set records for every member of MF who had tried it- and that wasn't the case, as proven by his removing the comment.

That's the only thing that I've taken any exception to within this thread, because it was not factual and like you said in your post, people should formulate their own opinions based off everyone's comments- this is why if you're gonna post here, you should post FACTS not OPINIONS.
Old 1/21/07, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
Actually, I did take the time to read through the whole thread. If you had, you would have found that there was a little bit of hostility mentioning that brenspeed isn't favored as much as bamachips on this particular board. I simply summed it up saying "who cares, you get great service at either place, and they're both reputable". If you read my post, you'd see that! I was praising both places, saying let's not bicker about which, because I haven't heard a negative comment about either. Enough said.
wrong again, I wasn't referring to just one particular thread..I clearly stated threads as in plural meaning read over most past threads, posts ect. then you'll get the entire picture
Old 1/21/07, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
Hey Rock, I am sensing that there is more to your comment than meet the eyes . I got a good idea though
I think you actually know me better than what I expected Pat because once again ? you're right on the money brother..it's as though you read my mind
Old 1/21/07, 01:08 PM
Former Vendor

tom +1 I didn't take your post as fact. I completely understoond and we're on the same page

wrong again, I wasn't referring to just one particular thread..I clearly stated threads as in plural meaning read over most past threads, posts ect. then you'll get the entire picture
I already have the general consensus understood. What exactly are you arguing? For the third time now, I just mentioned both companies are great and give great service, there is no wrong choice. I don't understand what's so complicating and why you're intentioanlly picking a fight with me?
Old 1/21/07, 01:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by tom281
My response to RUgoinUp?'s post regarding Doug's tune for autos was because of how he worded it- you would think that and that wasn't the case, as proven by his removing the comment.
I'm quite sure you were the only one who derived that opinion from my comment...

set records for every member of MF who had tried it"...

Old 1/21/07, 01:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

tom +1 I didn't take your post as fact. I completely understoond and we're on the same page
Right back at ya.

Who'da thunk this woulda been such a controversial thread lol? Where's the darn thread-starter at anyway? Oh yeah, wondering about blowers!
Old 1/21/07, 01:56 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Right back at ya.

Who'da thunk this woulda been such a controversial thread lol? Where's the darn thread-starter at anyway? Oh yeah, wondering about blowers!
... TOOL ROCKS. Best concert that I've seen in years
Old 1/21/07, 01:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by RUgoinUp?
I'm quite sure you were the only one who derived that opinion from my comment...

set records for every member of MF who had tried it"...

Hey look man: you wrote it, I read it. Maybe I wasn't the only one who derived that opinion from your comment- but maybe I was the only one who called you out on it. Obviously you felt it was a questionable statement since you admitted so and then you edited it!
Old 1/21/07, 02:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
... TOOL ROCKS. Best concert that I've seen in years
Right on! I saw them in Columbus last September; I hope they come back to the states again this spring. And BTW, your car rocks too man; it looks incredible- good job!
Old 1/21/07, 02:01 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Weres my Pizza at!
Old 1/21/07, 02:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey look man: you wrote it, I read it. Maybe I wasn't the only one who derived that opinion from your comment- but maybe I was the only one who called you out on it. Obviously you felt it was a questionable statement since you admitted so and then you edited it!
Yeah, you owned me.

And I removed it because you threw a hissy fit. Can we move on now?
Old 1/21/07, 02:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by RUgoinUp?
Yeah, you owned me.

And I removed it because you threw a hissy fit. Can we move on now?
I'm ready to move on anytime, as soon as you stop spreading the . Good luck with your '07.
Old 1/21/07, 02:20 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm ready to move on anytime, as soon as you stop spreading the . Good luck with your '07.
Thanks for the good luck wish. I love your car.
Old 1/21/07, 02:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Can you feel the love?
Old 1/21/07, 02:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Right on! I saw them in Columbus last September; I hope they come back to the states again this spring. And BTW, your car rocks too man; it looks incredible- good job!
Thanks brother . Your Brenspeedmobil is wicked! I still think that he is sponsoring your mods... lol
Old 1/21/07, 03:03 PM

I already have the general consensus understood. What exactly are you arguing? For the third time now, I just mentioned both companies are great and give great service, there is no wrong choice. I don't understand what's so complicating and why you're intentioanlly picking a fight with me?
First off, I wasn't arguing anything I clearly stated in my last reponse that I wasn't referring to just one particular post and especially the one in which you assumed there was some sort of hostility involved that brenspeed wasn't favored as much as bamachips on this particular forum in which Tom also clearly stated is not true, otherwise why would I bother wasting my time by stating that most of us on this board have nothing but the deepest amount of respect towards both Doug and Brent which was also why I suggested that you read over most of the past threads before posting your comments because if you had done so ? you would have discovered for yourself that no such hostility exsists here towards anybody in fact we strive to be as close to becoming nothing less than being a very close nit family as Mustang enthusiasts to the very best of our ability..Therefore if you wish to take this as intentionally wanting to pick a fight towards you ? then you obviously don't know how to take constructive criticism very well, let alone grasping the general consensus
Old 1/21/07, 03:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I have a 2006 automatic GT and have had both Bama and Brenspeed tunes.

A few months back after adding a CAI and tune from Brenspeed, I noticed a hesitation when shifting from 2’nd to 3’rd around 2/3 throttle. It was not terrible but enough to bother me. It was suspected I had a problem with my tune, but before I went and de-modded to see if the problem existed stock I emailed Brenspeed customer service with a description of my problem.

Here is the post I made at the time: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=57796

I decided it might be time to try Doug’s famous race tune, especially since he was running a Christmas special! Two or three days later my tune came in from Doug, and my problem was resolved. Not only that, the drivability of the car was just that much better as obviously there was a lot of work done for the automatic in terms of shift points, etc. I’ve been running Doug’s race tune ever since and have not looked back

I never did hear back from Brenspeed.

Tim

Quick Reply: Whose Tune Are You Using?