GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information
View Poll Results: Which One?!
Saleen Supercharger Package form Brenspeed (Stage 1 or 2)
83.61%
Paxton 2200 H.O. Package from Brenspeed
14.75%
Vortech Non-Cooled Package from Brenspeed
1.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

What Supercharger Should I Get?!

Search this Thread

Old 9/25/08, 01:21 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
So, any decisions yet which blower you're going to buy???

I think I am going to end up going with the Saleen setup. Not sure about which stage (1 or 2), but right now I am at school 12 hours away from my baby in Minnesota. I figure I will wait until spring for the install, as I won't be driving until snow is gone. And that gives me time to come up with some money for the extras that come with the purchase of a blower i.e. maybe a GT500 fuel system, gauges, etc...
Old 10/3/08, 07:40 PM

I just had a brenspeed stage 3 installed (thanks Lloyd!). I have no experience with other makes but so far I'm very happy. It feels like a 427 except that it makes more power down low and the supercharger drowns out all exhaust sound except under no boost conditions.

I've had several surprises I hadn't anticipated :

o traction control. Before when TCS kicked in it was gradual. Now it's like someone's rapidly toggling the on/off switch. It bangs the car around hard.

o inability to feather. If I take a corner in first, get on it just the slightest bit to kick the rear end out, then try to modulate the throttle to keep it out I can't do it. The change in throttle pressure between too much power and too little power is too slight for me to be able to be smooth. I wonder if there's a way to modify the throttle curve so that the first inch or so applies throttle more slowly?

o it's very hard to take off from a stoplight without some wheelspin. Even when trying hard not to (e.g. sitting beside a donut consumer), the instant torque and sensitive throttle stymie me. This is with no passengers. Interestingly, I found that with two passengers the car hooked up far better.

I've only tried one timed launch (Gtech). 2.04s 60', 4.44s 0-60. It was a bad run, I spun the whole way through first, gave up trying to hook up, and hit second early. 800 RPM launch.
Old 10/4/08, 10:39 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by barryb
I just had a brenspeed stage 3 installed (thanks Lloyd!). I have no experience with other makes but so far I'm very happy. It feels like a 427 except that it makes more power down low and the supercharger drowns out all exhaust sound except under no boost conditions.

I've had several surprises I hadn't anticipated :

o traction control. Before when TCS kicked in it was gradual. Now it's like someone's rapidly toggling the on/off switch. It bangs the car around hard.

o inability to feather. If I take a corner in first, get on it just the slightest bit to kick the rear end out, then try to modulate the throttle to keep it out I can't do it. The change in throttle pressure between too much power and too little power is too slight for me to be able to be smooth. I wonder if there's a way to modify the throttle curve so that the first inch or so applies throttle more slowly?

o it's very hard to take off from a stoplight without some wheelspin. Even when trying hard not to (e.g. sitting beside a donut consumer), the instant torque and sensitive throttle stymie me. This is with no passengers. Interestingly, I found that with two passengers the car hooked up far better.

I've only tried one timed launch (Gtech). 2.04s 60', 4.44s 0-60. It was a bad run, I spun the whole way through first, gave up trying to hook up, and hit second early. 800 RPM launch.
You might need better tires, and suspension. Such as LCA's and reloaction brackets to keep that instant torque on the floor
Old 10/4/08, 08:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST
You might need better tires, and suspension. Such as LCA's and reloaction brackets to keep that instant torque on the floor
Sounds like a good Christmas list
Old 10/15/08, 01:27 AM

TURBO ha
you really dropin one bro?
i am going to have to sell my stang for a big turbo civic to keep up now
Old 10/15/08, 01:29 AM

saleen probably is the best option but i have a hard time endorsing that heard bad stories not from your year though
Old 10/15/08, 02:31 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2REDSTANGS
TURBO ha
There are a ton of stang owners running turbos. Just because it's a turbo doesn't mean it goes in a honda. If I were to go FI though I would be looking at the whipple. I thought the FRPP one was still lower than whipple retail. Plus you can keep your warranty.
Old 10/15/08, 04:21 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

TURBO ha
In general, turbo's run faster times at the track in S197s than a twin screw with the same boost. Turbos perform very well.

saleen probably is the best option but i have a hard time endorsing that heard bad stories not from your year though
Is a little punctuation too much to ask? Thanks!
Old 10/15/08, 05:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST
Might keep em on the floor, but unfortunately wont guarantee any traction.