GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information
View Poll Results: Which One?!
Saleen Supercharger Package form Brenspeed (Stage 1 or 2)
83.61%
Paxton 2200 H.O. Package from Brenspeed
14.75%
Vortech Non-Cooled Package from Brenspeed
1.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

What Supercharger Should I Get?!

Search this Thread

Old 9/14/08, 06:06 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by don_w
Maybe some prefer to choose a supercharger based on superior performance, rather than looks.
whoops, forgot to conclude my point there. I like higher RPM performance, rather than quick off the line.
Old 9/14/08, 11:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
That's cool, I dig it...... I see you have a turbo planned, it will certainly make mega boost if you want it to.

Right now I'm going between a turbo or a Vortech HO.
Old 9/15/08, 07:40 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JonCo
Although I will say I do enjoy my Vortech, going to have it retuned(again) in two weeks with a new smaller pulley. Love how the power takes over and listening to the blow-off vavle inbetween shifts.

I don't know why others are saying there not getting any boost until 4500RPM, I see boost at under 3500 RPM. If I were to do it again, I'd go Turbo.
I probably get boost under 4,500 rpm's, but I'd never know since my stall converter flashes to 4,500 rpm's minimum. On the dyno it was making 6 psi boost at the stall converter flash point, but steadily rose from there up to a max of 10.5 psi at redline (6,400 rpm's).

Twin screws, on the other hand, make big boost at much lower rpm's.
Old 9/15/08, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST
Or just running a little bit more than 350rwhp can be quite fast
Funny guy, aren't you. Seems like everyone thinks you have to get the biggest, baddest blower on the market and put down 450+ rwhp. However, there are other options out there in the supercharger world. Less money and less horsepower - like the standard Vortech system I bought - but, still a big upgrade from stock. I picked up about 140 flywheel hp (111 rwhp) with this blower. To me, that was a nice upgrade for the $3700 I paid for the complete system. Getting to 450 rwhp costs much more, so the OP's inclusion of a standard Vortech blower makes sense. Not everyone can spend $5K, $6K, $7K, etc. for a blower.
Old 9/15/08, 09:52 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Funny guy, aren't you. Seems like everyone thinks you have to get the biggest, baddest blower on the market and put down 450+ rwhp. However, there are other options out there in the supercharger world. Less money and less horsepower - like the standard Vortech system I bought - but, still a big upgrade from stock. I picked up about 140 flywheel hp (111 rwhp) with this blower. To me, that was a nice upgrade for the $3700 I paid for the complete system. Getting to 450 rwhp costs much more, so the OP's inclusion of a standard Vortech blower makes sense. Not everyone can spend $5K, $6K, $7K, etc. for a blower.
I spent $3,200 for my polished Stage II Intercooled Procharger, it had 2K miles in it. 10psi capable of 500hp.

It's a matter of looking around and not jumping at the first deal that crosses your path
Old 9/15/08, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by rony1976
I spent $3,200 for my polished Stage II Intercooled Procharger, it had 2K miles in it. 10psi capable of 500hp.

It's a matter of looking around and not jumping at the first deal that crosses your path
How much is that system brand new?

I did a lot of looking around - months of research - before buying my supercharger. Gots lots of great advice right here at TMS. I feel I bought the right supercharger for my goals, budget, and other mods already on the car.

If my budget was bigger and I could do it all over again, I would have done a twin screw style blower. However, I feel the the centrifugal blowers offer a lot of bang for the buck.
Old 9/15/08, 02:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by StangMahn
whoops, forgot to conclude my point there. I like higher RPM performance, rather than quick off the line.
No reason not to have both! Raw, unadulterated acceleration from a dead stop is a rush... like 0 to 60mph in under 3 seconds!
Old 9/15/08, 08:49 PM
Cobra Member

How much is that system brand new?

I did a lot of looking around - months of research - before buying my supercharger. Gots lots of great advice right here at TMS. I feel I bought the right supercharger for my goals, budget, and other mods already on the car.

If my budget was bigger and I could do it all over again, I would have done a twin screw style blower. However, I feel the the centrifugal blowers offer a lot of bang for the buck.
I've seen it the D1SC for as much as $5,800 and over $6K with the polished head - brand new
Old 9/15/08, 08:52 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
No reason not to have both! Raw, unadulterated acceleration from a dead stop is a rush... like 0 to 60mph in under 3 seconds!
lol, now you're starting to make me contemplate...
Old 9/15/08, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by StangMahn
lol, now you're starting to make me contemplate...
LOL... want more tease? How about 0 - 80 in less than 4.5 seconds, and 0 - 100 in 6.8 sec?
Old 9/16/08, 02:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile ROUSH's new TVS2300 supercharger system

Come on now Brian, you know everyone really wants 700 horsepower!

ROUSH delivers up to 700-hp with new supercharger for the Mustang GT...

ROUSH Performance released the Ford Mustang GT TVS2300 ROUSHcharger that is able to put 700 hp under the hood of any 2005 to 2009 model.

The TVS2300 ROUSHcharger utilizes Eaton’s new Twin Vortices Series technology. The patented design on this supercharger system features a four-lobe rotor and high-flow inlet which greatly enhances thermal efficiency, higher volume capacity, and higher operational speeds.

The Ford Mustang GT TVS2300 ROUSHcharger price is $5,899
Old 9/16/08, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Black GT500
Come on now Brian, you know everyone really wants 700 horsepower!

ROUSH delivers up to 700-hp with new supercharger for the Mustang GT...

ROUSH Performance released the Ford Mustang GT TVS2300 ROUSHcharger that is able to put 700 hp under the hood of any 2005 to 2009 model.

The TVS2300 ROUSHcharger utilizes Eaton’s new Twin Vortices Series technology. The patented design on this supercharger system features a four-lobe rotor and high-flow inlet which greatly enhances thermal efficiency, higher volume capacity, and higher operational speeds.

The Ford Mustang GT TVS2300 ROUSHcharger price is $5,899
700hp is worthless on a 2005+ GT without forged internals and a chassis to hook up all that power. While more hp is generally a good thing, there is only so much that can be used on the street. And, at $5,899 for the TVS2300 + this cost of a proper shortblock to withstand that kind of power + the cost of installation you are easily looking at $12K to $15K to have 700hp. Everyone may want 700hp, but not everyone can afford it.
Old 9/16/08, 09:27 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

LOL... want more tease? How about 0 - 80 in less than 4.5 seconds, and 0 - 100 in 6.8 sec?
Those numbers are sexy.
Old 9/16/08, 02:46 PM

700hp is worthless on a 2005+ GT without forged internals and a chassis to hook up all that power. While more hp is generally a good thing, there is only so much that can be used on the street.
+1,000,000

People who think they want all that power are often disappointed later when the car is just no longer really streetable. If all they want is a dyno queen, then by all means go for it. Personally, I'm going to be happy with a bonafide 10-sec daily driver, and I can do that with just over 550 rwhp. I'll wait until it's retired to track duty only to shoot for 9s.

Originally Posted by JonCo
Those numbers are sexy.
Yea... driving the car makes my sticker peck up.
Old 9/19/08, 03:20 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

+1,000,000

People who think they want all that power are often disappointed later when the car is just no longer really streetable. If all they want is a dyno queen, then by all means go for it. Personally, I'm going to be happy with a bonafide 10-sec daily driver, and I can do that with just over 550 rwhp. I'll wait until it's retired to track duty only to shoot for 9s.

Totally agree with Don, with more HP come additional needs and mods that done correctly will put you in the poor house. Sure we all want to brag about max HP, and if your ride is a DD or street car do you really want to hassle with racing fuel or octane boost or a meth system to arrive at those high HP numbers? You can only get so much out of 91 octane pump gas. High HP levels means forged internals no way around it. Sure some guys push the envelope but without a proper setup but you will pay for it it the end when your motor blows up.

Jed
Old 9/19/08, 03:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brian, I think you missed my ...

700hp is worthless on a 2005+ GT without forged internals and a chassis to hook up all that power. While more hp is generally a good thing, there is only so much that can be used on the street. And, at $5,899 for the TVS2300 + this cost of a proper shortblock to withstand that kind of power + the cost of installation you are easily looking at $12K to $15K to have 700hp. Everyone may want 700hp, but not everyone can afford it.
Old 9/19/08, 05:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
+1,000,000

Glad your back Don...We need more straight shooters around here. You know there is a whole new generation of stang owners the last couple of years that hasn't blown anything up yet to learn where the line is drawn in the sand with these cars/engines yet. I am sure it will take a wack in the wallet to prove the point. Been there and done that.
Old 9/24/08, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by officespace56
I ruled out the Whipple due to the price increase that happened a week or 2 ago. Now about a thousand dollars more expensive...
So, any decisions yet which blower you're going to buy???
Old 9/25/08, 12:27 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I try..I try.. LOL... I know what you mean, I got my polished paxton 2200 used in good condition ( it had about 3k miles on it I believe) for $2,700. GT500 pumps and new injectors put me at $3,400 for a complete system. I think I might have gotten the system for 2.5k...IDK..somewhere around there..

And the reason i said what I said was because of this statement you said

A car with a centrifugal and the right combination of parts (that work in the same rpm range) can be quite fast. It's all about matching the right parts together.

I might have takin it the wrong way but I seems like you are saying it takes a combination of parts to make a car with a centri fast...I'm guessing you were just refering to off the line fast. If thats the case, I appoligize...

Last edited by SONICBOOST; 9/25/08 at 12:41 AM.
Old 9/25/08, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST
I try..I try.. LOL... I know what you mean, I got my polished paxton 2200 used in good condition ( it had about 3k miles on it I believe) for $2,700. GT500 pumps and new injectors put me at $3,400 for a complete system. I think I might have gotten the system for 2.5k...IDK..somewhere around there..

And the reason i said what I said was because of this statement you said

A car with a centrifugal and the right combination of parts (that work in the same rpm range) can be quite fast. It's all about matching the right parts together.

I might have takin it the wrong way but I seems like you are saying it takes a combination of parts to make a car with a centri fast...I'm guessing you were just refering to off the line fast. If thats the case, I appoligize...
No apology needed. I know a centri car can be fast without adding other parts. What I was getting at was that any engine buildup can be maximized by using a combination of parts that all work together in the same powerband.

It's like when you shop for camshafts and the higher rev cams recommend steeper gears and a stall converter because without those extra parts, the cams would make the car fall on it's face in the low rpm's.

Same applies to a centrifugal blower, which typically doesn't make "good" power until higher rpm's. Having more gear and a stall converter helps get my car into the centri's sweet spot and stay there.

I've seen plenty of guys over the years mismatch components and end up with a slower car than when they started. For example, huge carburetor with a single plane manifold for high rpm's, but then they add an RV grind cam that runs out of steam at 5,000 rpm's before the carb & intake can do any good. Each of these parts individually would have benefitted the car by itself, but in combination would actually hurt the overall performance. As I said before, it's all about matching components that work in harmony.

Quick Reply: What Supercharger Should I Get?!