GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

tillman tunes

Search this Thread

Old 3/30/10, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
Yes he did, yesterday or the day before?
no i didn't.you might want to send them again.
Old 3/30/10, 07:32 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by jp's performance
no i didn't.you might want to send them again.
I hope this doesn't happen to me i just placed an order for a tune
Old 3/30/10, 08:15 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jp call Chris tomorrow so i dont have to wait any longer. I know hearing how busy he is doesnt do u any good so its easier to just get him on the horn.
Old 4/5/10, 04:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

It's pretty easy to get Chris on the phone guys. I spent some time on the phone with him detailing some issues on my car that aren't tune related. He had lots of great ideas and it's always nice to talk with somebody that actually knows what they're doing!

Of course, couldn't get off the phone without pulling out my checkbook for some charge motion deletes and 4.10's!
Old 4/5/10, 09:41 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by colbymh
Jp call Chris tomorrow so i dont have to wait any longer. I know hearing how busy he is doesnt do u any good so its easier to just get him on the horn.
should read "so u dont have to wait any longer"
Old 4/6/10, 06:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 128 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
Steve, your name is one of about 4 updates that are owed on a list sitting literally 3" from where I'm typing.
I have about 4 updates pending... that's it.
Really? Hope my names on that list. I've been waiting over a year for you to fix my dyno tune to quit throwing P0172 and P0175 codes, and that updated throttle mapping too. Every time I try to bring it up (but I admit it's been months upon months since I've tried) you keep saying "yeah I'll get it out this week" and then it never comes. C'mon you're killin me here!
Old 4/8/10, 04:05 PM
Former Vendor

Call me. I can't stress that enough. I've done probably 300+ tune updates over the last 2-3 months. I even had a post on here called "tune update week" where I shut down new tune orders just to finish updates up. Give me a call, and we'll go over this, because there's no reason why a dyno tune should start throwing rich codes. I'd be glad to help you out!
Old 4/20/10, 04:56 PM

Dont buy from this guy! i placed the order with CRose a week ago and nothing. Chris Tillman himself had nothing to say about it and asked if i wanted to go with someone else then hung up!
Thats lousy bussines!
Old 4/20/10, 09:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Come on...
Old 4/20/10, 10:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

By the way that is my friend that posted. I did call a couple of times for him and CR was very helpful. The problem happened while CR went on vacation and left the orders up to Chris Tillman, who hung up on him after he could not help my friend find out what was going on with his order and why he was neither billed nor invoiced the purchase of a tuner.
Old 4/21/10, 04:07 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by RedDragon777
By the way that is my friend that posted. I did call a couple of times for him and CR was very helpful. The problem happened while CR went on vacation and left the orders up to Chris Tillman, who hung up on him after he could not help my friend find out what was going on with his order and why he was neither billed nor invoiced the purchase of a tuner.

well the newb sounds like an a-hole, we going to start the bashing game again?
Old 4/21/10, 09:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I do not know anything about "the newb", and I haven't done any business with Tillman Speed, but how you can determine he does or does not sound like an A-hole from a 4 sentence post describing his business transaction/ phone conversation with Chris Tillman is well amazing to say the least.

EAbrego's post does not make him sound like an A-hole to me, I too would be pissed and advise people NOT do business with any business that hung up the phone on me.

By the way, sharing ones own first hand experiences with a company/vendor is NOT BASHING.

I will tell you that over the many decades I have been a gear-head, and hung out with gear-heads a great portion of these real hands on "gear-head" car guys don't necessarily accel at communication, written and even verbal. The companies that want to be successful doing business with us needs to accel at communication. Not delivering your products in a timely fashion is a very poor business practice, no matter the excuse. Hanging up the phone on your customers is simply inexcusable.
Old 4/21/10, 10:19 PM
Bullitt Member

It's worth noting that there is also an old saying that goes something like "there's two sides to every story".
Old 4/22/10, 10:03 AM
Cobra Member

I can understand why/how there might be some frustration there in the past few weeks. I dont know any official details tho so I will wait and see.
Old 4/22/10, 10:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Interesting... I actually just bought a CAI and Tuner(w/3 Tunes) from Tillman two weeks ago (bought on the 7th). I had no issue other than something in my order was out of stock(they told me, but I forget what it was. Think it was the tuner) so it took a bit to ship and they accidentally charged me for shipping when they weren't supposed to(but I got on the phone and it was straightened out in less than 5 minutes).

I won't say I'm floored with the business, but I definitely would(and will) shop there again. Especially if they have a better price than elsewhere.

What exactly did you order that left them floundering and unable to help you when you called?

Last edited by Rjaniz; 4/22/10 at 10:25 AM.
Old 4/22/10, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by classix_stang289
well the newb sounds like an a-hole, we going to start the bashing game again?
In my defence im not trying to start a "Bashing War" here, i just think things should have been delt with a liitle bit more courtesy. I placed an order shortly after that with another compediter and within the hour l already had been notified that my order was taken. Were not talking about ordering a simple item that cost 29.95. this is a tuner costing almost 400 bucks! As for you classix_stang289, think before you start calling people childish names.
Old 4/22/10, 02:33 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Seems like Tillman tunes receive a lot of good press on forums. But the frustration with dealing with them comes out more often than a good business should consider acceptable. It is clear they need a business manager so they can stay focused on their talent AND provide great customer service/satisfaction. And not just a secretary that doesn't know anything about cars. Invest in someone that runs the front office efficiently while they take care of the shop, and watch their business grow.

I'd like to have their tunes but I'll admit - I'm hesitant to order.
I'm a greenie with tunes, might need some help after the sale, and since I'm at 4000' altitude I might need some further tweaking. But will I receive prompt service once my payment has cleared? Will I get a reply?
Old 4/22/10, 04:11 PM
GT Member

Well, I know I am only have a sixer vut since this string is about Tillman Tunes I couldn't resist posting. I had a Diablosport Tuner that I had purchased some tunes for from Bama...never could get them to work, they tried for over a year and then said to call Diablo. Luckily the Diablo stock tune worked just fine, could never get the custon tune to do anything but throw codes and shut my car down. I decided to go with an SCT tuner from Tillman last month and just received it yesterday....could not be happier, my little 6 has great power, runs perfect and the only problem I have is keeping my speed down...lol, They got my tuner and new tunes to me in a week, now I'm thinking I may have to add another tune to my file for those special occasions....maybe a race tune just for fun. Thanks CR and the guys, you did good by me and hope to do more business in the future.
Old 4/24/10, 11:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RedDragon777
Hey Bud,

It was good talking to you the other day. Just to clear this up, I know you posted this before you spoke with me, I never went on vacation?

As for Tillman Speed... I wish absolutely nothing but the best for Tillman Speed, as they have grown to become more than just a place of employment, but family. They gave me my start, and I know they valued all that I have done for them in growth and knowledge. I will always consider them as family first, and previous coworkers after that! I don't know what the case was with the phone hanging up situation.
Old 4/24/10, 02:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Yeah i think Tillman did not want tsay what was happening cause when i called the very first time when my friend was trying to get his tuner they told me that you had gone on vacation and would not be back till later in the week. It was not till after this when i tryed getting an update for my new ram air hood and just to update my tune is when they told me you did not work for them anymore. But thank goodness i had an account with Bamachips or i would of had to buy a new tune.

Quick Reply: tillman tunes