GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

tillman tunes

Search this Thread

Old 3/5/10, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
I'll knock that file out now, and you'll have the file in about a half hour.

Chris

UPDATE: Tune Sent
Got the e-mail on my work address.. unfortunately my work firewall blocked the file.. sent you another e-mail.

Thanks Chris, looking forward to the new tune.
Old 3/6/10, 09:21 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jp's performance
i give up as he turned it all the way up and it's still throughs the code.i am about to light my car on fire.i am so ****ing mad right now.
LMAO, you're killing me here. I'm hoping you actually like the tune file to begin with, besides the code? Everything can be fixed, this is a code that doesn't affect anything, and just looks annoying.

We got a few more things we can try on the tune file to get rid of it. Every car is different. You asked me to "max out those tables". I didn't. See you can't just max them out, they're learned values that still have to be close enough to learn within a certain window or that code will appear. By maxing them out, the car would have thrown the code almost instantaneously on startup.

We're going to try again... a little bit larger of a delay. We've tried roughly 30% over stock, 50% over stock, and 70% over stock. We're going to double it now and see how that does. Your heater duty cycle on the tune is jacked up higher, and we've widened the range in which the o2 sensor transport is learned in the tune as well. So, we'll hope it just needs a little more delay.

Wrapping the headers is a pain in the ***, but will make it so I can add as little as 30% to the transport delay, instead of having to trick the car into thinking it's even farther away just because the headers dont hold heat well.

Last edited by TillmanSpeed; 3/6/10 at 09:23 AM.
Old 3/6/10, 05:55 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just another example of Chris bending over backwards trying to help. I have an idea. Call sct and have them remote connect to ur car. That should fix everything. lol ( inside joke for others)
Old 3/6/10, 06:20 PM

i love the tunes you made chris.and i could care less if the light is on(but i need it to stay off so the pcm can reset itself so i can get a sticker)other than that it's all good buddy.

Last edited by jp's performance; 3/6/10 at 06:24 PM.
Old 3/6/10, 07:42 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jp's performance
i love the tunes you made chris.and i could care less if the light is on(but i need it to stay off so the pcm can reset itself so i can get a sticker)other than that it's all good buddy.
Let's try a few more little tweaks! We'll get you legal! Like Safe Auto!

Chris
Old 3/9/10, 09:36 AM

Let's try a few more little tweaks! We'll get you legal! Like Safe Auto!

Chris
any luck on getting those tunes this week.thanks again john panizo
Old 3/20/10, 01:06 PM

ok it's been 2 weeks now WTF.
Old 3/20/10, 05:36 PM

Do you see a huge presence on these forums lately? Are you waiting for a tune update from us? I can easily parade the customers who will vouch for sometimes numerous tune updates, or tune updates turned around same day. New orders turned around same day, etc.
I can vouch for this. I bought a custom TVS tune from CR which arrived in my in-box as promised. I datalogged and had tune revisions sent to me at least four times, all arriving in timely fasion.

Don't get me wrong, I am the first to admit that Chris can be extremely difficult to get a hold of, and sometimes he will promise you 'it will be done today' and it isn't. But it does get done. Bottom line is, when push came to shove and my car was strapped onto the dyno, he sent me four tune file revisions in the space of 1 hour, thus remote tuning the car while it was actually on the dyno and saving me the cost of multiple visits. If you think this is not particularly impressive, factor in the small detail that I am in the UK and there was also a 6 hour time difference to work around.

So yes, he can be a little difficult to get a hold of and sometimes he takes a little longer to get stuff out than promised, but I put that down to the fact that he is extremely busy, due to the fact that he is extremely good at what he does. I think that is a small sacrifice to make. Certainly at the time I needed him most he came through for me and that is the reason I would not hesitate to use him again , or recommend him to any of my friends.

Andy.
Old 3/21/10, 09:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CaliSpecial
I can vouch for this. I bought a custom TVS tune from CR which arrived in my in-box as promised. I datalogged and had tune revisions sent to me at least four times, all arriving in timely fasion.

Don't get me wrong, I am the first to admit that Chris can be extremely difficult to get a hold of, and sometimes he will promise you 'it will be done today' and it isn't. But it does get done. Bottom line is, when push came to shove and my car was strapped onto the dyno, he sent me four tune file revisions in the space of 1 hour, thus remote tuning the car while it was actually on the dyno and saving me the cost of multiple visits. If you think this is not particularly impressive, factor in the small detail that I am in the UK and there was also a 6 hour time difference to work around.

So yes, he can be a little difficult to get a hold of and sometimes he takes a little longer to get stuff out than promised, but I put that down to the fact that he is extremely busy, due to the fact that he is extremely good at what he does. I think that is a small sacrifice to make. Certainly at the time I needed him most he came through for me and that is the reason I would not hesitate to use him again , or recommend him to any of my friends.

Andy.
Ayup....couldn't agree more. It really all depends on how crazy it is at their shop. I've been there and C.R. has been beaten over the head phone call after phone call so he obviously can't do anything else other than talk to the customers, and other times he's banging out tunes and going online to check the forums and help people out. It's the nature of the business and it gets compounded with small shops that only have a handful of people working.
Old 3/23/10, 03:40 PM
V6 Member

Yup, evertime I'm there the phone won't stop ringing. They only have 4 guys there, Harry behind the counter Chris T and Mike as mechanics and CR for all the rest like ordering, tuning, pricing and all the other BS................
Old 3/25/10, 04:16 PM

fyi, CR got back to me pretty promptly with the tune.. my home comptuer is broken and been too busy to get around to update on my situation.
Old 3/25/10, 04:18 PM
Cobra Member

Did you get yours JP?
Old 3/25/10, 05:31 PM
Former Vendor

Yes he did, yesterday or the day before?
Old 3/25/10, 05:59 PM
Cobra Member

Nicely done Chris. Will be calling u in another week or so. After I get my TC back from precision Ind.
Old 3/27/10, 09:10 AM
V6 Member

CR, I called the shop looking for information on a email tune. I am installing Kook long tubes, x-pipe with high flow cats and a steeda CAI. Everyone is telling me i need a custom tune but dont have the money right now. Will your tune be able to get me up and running under safe conditions? Also i just saw something you wrote able delete plates, would i need these?

Last edited by ECR5.0; 3/27/10 at 09:11 AM.
Old 3/27/10, 09:36 AM
Bullitt Member

He'll be able to get you a tune no problem. I had my engine built by them and at the time dyno tuned, since then I have added Kooks 1 3/4" LT's and 3" catted H mid-pipe and he just updated my tune and emailed it over to me. Works like a charm. He's got plenty of experience tuning the Kooks set-ups as well as various CAI's.
Old 3/27/10, 03:01 PM
V6 Member

Ok thats what i wanted to hear, should i talk to him first to let him know what i have in my car or should i just fill out the form on there website?
Old 3/27/10, 04:34 PM
Bullitt Member

I'd call him. I know I sent him an email the other day and got an automated reply stating that they are very busy at the moment.
Old 3/28/10, 09:08 AM
Former Vendor

Give me a shout if you'd like me to address your concerns. You can absolutely just input the information on the website, and I'll assure you the tune will be safe. However, we usually like to be a tad bit more of a personable company, and at least address your concerns first!

Chris Rose
Old 3/30/10, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by colbymh
Did you get yours JP?
no i didn't.

Quick Reply: tillman tunes