Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 1/27/06, 04:30 PM
Cobra Member

Looking forward to it.
Old 1/27/06, 04:35 PM
GT Member

Well I hand it to you both for being reasonable with your language. As long as you keep this civil (like this has been) I think it is fine.

BTW: I have two paxton cars! Original 1963 Studebaker Avanti with factory Paxton (been in family since new) and a Novi 2000 on my Durango. I am still not sure what to put on my '05 Stang....

Thanks guys for being decent here. Kudo's to you both.
Old 1/27/06, 04:46 PM
Cobra Member

oh, JR you are getting angry...struck a chord did I.Um Yeah ok...Stolen parts?.That's even below you to state something like that.Oh, and this is not in any way slander of Bully Dog.You were the one who was having the problems, not us and stated those issues.Of course your parts are slightly different than the BMR stuff and Chromoly..They had to be because your typical colors are red and since they already had the red stuff out you needed to mix things up a bit.C,mon now, I saw the originals. Hey, I never said Banks was a saint and you and I have always knowns he looks out for #1,but those were his figures stated,not mine.I told you that from the beginning.I find it extremely ironic you make the notion of anything stolen, since it is more than obvious all you guys do is steal other company's ideas and have your guys change a few parts,make a few nut/bolt changes and call it good...I don't care about your problems with Steeda,Dario will handle that.Don't care about your issues with Predator either,they will handle that. I too wear many hats now in my current position and weather you are aware of what that is or not is irrelevant, but I do understand the need to keep the customers happy.I am quite confident your item is very good quality and I hope you sell the crap out of them.But, I certainly don't think I would have this position if I left Banks on bad terms>..Do you?...You gotta do better than that!.I like the effort though.
Old 1/27/06, 05:28 PM
Former Vendor

You kinda lost me but whatever. Good luck in your new job. Sorry I could get the parts to you are fast as you wanted. Your Comment about BMR is off based though. Our parts are not even close. Our ends our forged (like a casting) no body else can say that http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/05mus...controlarms.htm

Granatelli does not sell Red parts other then upper and lowers for 79-94 and those were all Private brand. Our parts have alwasy been Black and Gray - 05/06 is Blue.
Old 1/27/06, 05:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

What were the DYNO results??
Old 1/27/06, 05:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by 70MACH1OWNER@January 27, 2006, 5:15 PM
Hummm!! Hey JR. I am 2600miles from you. If I buy one of your throttle bodies, take it to a tuner here in Dayton, Ohio with a Dynojet , do a stock before and after test and cannot produce similar gains will you take it back??? I will pay shipping. Just a third party test.
Scott
P.S. I want it to work as claimed. I am not for or against Granatelli.

Bump!!! Maybe you guys need to read the title of this thread again. The rest of us are feeling a little left out. Maybe the PM feature would be best used in this case?? Bottmline. Is Granatelli's Throttle Body worth some gains or not??
Scott :nono: :nono:
Old 1/27/06, 05:48 PM
FR500 Member

I think Chris (subzero) makes some very valid points. The one that stuck out to me the most though is that dyno reports can be tweaked. That is definitely tue. Now I'm not saying that Granatelli specifically did that in this case, but you can't just go out and buy a $400 part based on a single dyno... that was actually done by the seller of the said part. And I might also add there was a lot on the line here, with the challenge that was placed. So, with that being said, I am bowing out of the throttle body debate and going to trust the countless people who have installed very similar TB's and seen basically no improvement in HP. I will put that $400 towards my gears or possibly even new cams where I know I will get an increase in power and/or acceleration.
Old 1/27/06, 05:57 PM
Former Vendor

Originally posted by acadian@January 27, 2006, 5:51 PM
I think Chris (subzero) makes some very valid points. The one that stuck out to me the most though is that dyno reports can be tweaked. That is definitely tue. Now I'm not saying that Granatelli specifically did that in this case, but you can't just go out and buy a $400 part based on a single dyno... that was actually done by the seller of the said part. And I might also add there was a lot on the line here, with the challenge that was placed. So, with that being said, I am bowing out of the throttle body debate and going to trust the countless people who have installed very similar TB's and seen basically no improvement in HP. I will put that $400 towards my gears or possibly even new cams where I know I will get an increase in power and/or acceleration.
Chris also said he made 11hp. Therefore this is not a 1 dyno hit wonder. Chris' car was dyno'd at his friends shop months ago. BBK claims 16hp with their t-body. 5.0 tested the t-body and made similar power to us. Stkdidy will tell you he watch every move we made. If the dyno lied it lied before and after the t-body was installed to the same degree so either way the power increase was there.

it seems to me 3 or 4 guys claim to have dyno'd and all said that the car felt better with the t body installed. Even the guys that claim to have not made an increase report better seat of the pants feel.

I can;t speak for other companies but to my knowledge, no one has posted NO POWER with a Granatelli part
Old 1/27/06, 06:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This sidebar bickering is beginning to get old. Rather than clearing the air, it's turning me against both GMS and B&M for future purchases.
Old 1/27/06, 06:15 PM
Former Vendor

Old 1/27/06, 06:17 PM
Former Vendor

Originally posted by don_w@January 27, 2006, 6:16 PM
This sidebar bickering is beginning to get old. Rather than clearing the air, it's turning me against both GMS and B&M for future purposes.
You will note I pulled down all my posts a while ago. I realize it was childish. Sorry guys i was just fighting for what is right
Old 1/27/06, 06:19 PM
Former Vendor

Please note - I am JR Granatelli Owner of GMS. I take responsibility for my actions. If one of my employees did this they would be terminated. I need to lead by example so I surrender and apologize to all of you that were offended. To those that got a laugh out of it - you are welcome
Old 1/27/06, 06:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by don_w@January 27, 2006, 7:16 PM
This sidebar bickering is beginning to get old. Rather than clearing the air, it's turning me against both GMS and B&M for future purchases.

Well said Don!!
Old 1/27/06, 06:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Granatelli@January 27, 2006, 7:22 PM
Please note - I am JR Granatelli Owner of GMS. I take responsibility for my actions. If one of my employees did this they would be terminated. I need to lead by example so I surrender and apologize to all of you that were offended. To those that got a laugh out of it - you are welcome
It got a wee bit catty, but nothing overly obnoxious.

Right now, I'm just interested in the numbers. COME ON, post the sheet!
Old 1/27/06, 06:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Granatelli@January 27, 2006, 7:18 PM
Hi my name is JR and I am looking for a great deal on a B&M shifter for my 2005 Mustang. Is there anyone here that can get me a 5 finger discount in exchange for parts we offer
Did you really post this???
Old 1/27/06, 06:32 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Granatelli@January 27, 2006, 7:18 PM
Hi my name is JR and I am looking for a great deal on a B&M shifter for my 2005 Mustang. Is there anyone here that can get me a 5 finger discount in exchange for parts we offer

Very cute JR But your other post is correct.This has all become very childish and you really have to wonder how much business this actually cost a company?I have no futher interest in carrying on this rediculous argument either.Look, you run a successful business and that is to be commended & I also have my responsibilities to help run this business and like I said from the get go.I support the TB claim you made and regardless of other people's findings, I feel it is a good upgrade....
Old 1/27/06, 06:40 PM
Former Vendor

As I stated, I promised STKDIDY that I would let him post his findings. If GMS posts on the T-body test we will be accused of slanting the test or post. Lets say it made more then 10hp and less then 13. Torque was about the same.
Old 1/27/06, 06:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Granatelli@January 27, 2006, 5:43 PM
As I stated, I promised STKDIDY that I would let him post his findings. If GMS posts on the T-body test we will be accused of slanting the test or post. Lets say it made more then 10hp and less then 13. Torque was about the same.
I have a 50/50 chance of guessing...
Old 1/27/06, 06:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Thank you!

And well done both for setting whatever issues you may have aside and letting this thread get back on track.

Quick Reply: Throttle Body