GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Throttle Body

Search this Thread

Old 1/25/06, 06:37 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by GIG4FUN@January 24, 2006, 7:42 PM
I sure wish I knew, I imagine someone could install a tiny camera like they use for surgeries to "see" it as it works down the road. Any doctors here?

DOH...replied to a post before I read the rest of the thread and saw the link had already been posted.
Old 1/25/06, 07:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by GIG4FUN@January 25, 2006, 7:54 PM
I would imagine that I would have a false result because there was no airflow, groundspeed, stuff the computer would want to see to actuate ...I am thinking anyway.

I am gunna go watch the video now! should be cool BUT it still is a stock one so I think the wise thing woudl be to ask:?
Does the stock one overtravel when it is off the car and in your hand and you manually throttle it open. That would be a nice thing to contribute to mix...!
No, it does the same thing. I made another video before the one i posted of the throttle body with the car off.

here is that one: http://andyman82.com/files/throttle.mpg

after i took that one i wondered if it did the same thing under load and it did. I see nothing wrong with the stock throttle body... why anyone needs a new one, I don't know. All you need is a good tune
Old 1/25/06, 07:43 PM
Bullitt Member

btw, i had a moniter in the car when i made the video with the car running and i can tell you that the blades move EXACTLY as I move my foot.

Also the only thing that i can see that would improve airflow through the throttle body is to polish it and not have a bar that runs across that the blades screw onto.
Old 1/25/06, 07:46 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by atomic_il@January 25, 2006, 8:42 PM
No, it does the same thing. I made another video before the one i posted of the throttle body with the car off.

here is that one: http://andyman82.com/files/throttle.mpg

after i took that one i wondered if it did the same thing under load and it did. I see nothing wrong with the stock throttle body... why anyone needs a new one, I don't know. All you need is a good tune
Neat! My wife says they look like underwater goggles! I imagine as soon as I get some time I will put my Billet TB on and dry run it like you did it that video. I will then see if they stop at straight-on airflow position.

Thank you for your contribution to this thread!

And we have a test install coming up to this Fri/Sat! so this will be coming all together soon.
Old 1/25/06, 07:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 70MACH1OWNER@January 25, 2006, 7:16 PM
PATIENTLY WAITING!.... NOT!!!! I watched the video 3 times. I must be getting slow in my old age cause it was either so fast I didn't see it or it didn't happen. I am probably just getting OLD!!
Scott

when i was editing the film together, a peice was lost in the first part when it says GO. that is why it looks like it just kinda pops into another position. the second part is a better shot until the airflow moves the camera down.
Old 1/25/06, 07:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by GIG4FUN@January 25, 2006, 10:49 PM
Neat! My wife says they look like underwater goggles! I imagine as soon as I get some time I will put my Billet TB on and dry run it like you did it that video. I will then see if they stop at straight-on airflow position.

Thank you for your contribution to this thread!

And we have a test install coming up to this Fri/Sat! so this will be coming all together soon.

lol goggles for robocop perhaps...

read this thread before you install, it may help http://www.mustangforums.com/m_833261/tm.htm
Old 1/26/06, 02:53 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by atomic_il@January 25, 2006, 8:51 PM
lol goggles for robocop perhaps...

read this thread before you install, it may help http://www.mustangforums.com/m_833261/tm.htm
Sure will. Thank you !
Old 1/26/06, 01:24 PM
Former Vendor

Originally posted by subzero05@January 15, 2006, 10:07 PM
I can assure you the TB is being made for them by another company.I can only speak from personal experience that my central coast TB made 11hp on the dyno with my blower over the stock TB...But, this is with a blown application also
All do respect Chris...I am not sure why you are bashing GMS. The Throttle Body Sold by Granatelli is a Granatelli part. Not sure why you are casting aspersions the other way. We only sold 1 Central Coast Mustang Throttle body to Extreme Automotive in Canoga Park and the rest were Granatelli Parts. I am pretty sure the one on your car is actually a Granatelli Part.

Also Central Coast has been out of business since Thanksgiving so NO BODY can buy a CCM part to my knowledge.
Old 1/26/06, 02:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 1/26/06, 03:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Granatelli@January 26, 2006, 1:27 PM
All do respect Chris...I am not sure why you are bashing GMS. The Throttle Body Sold by Granatelli is a Granatelli part. Not sure why you are casting aspersions the other way. We only sold 1 Central Coast Mustang Throttle body to Extreme Automotive in Canoga Park and the rest were Granatelli Parts. I am pretty sure the one on your car is actually a Granatelli Part. Also Central Coast has been out of business since Thanksgiving so NO BODY can buy a CCM part to my knowledge.

I feel I need to clear up a few things. Chris worked at Gale Banks and used his position there to get tons of parts for his car. I have no problem with that either. However, Chris wanted to trade Banks parts for Granatelli parts and rather then talk to me about it directly he used the guys at Extreme as a go between and it is all got lost in the translation. The Guys at Extreme tell me his is now disgruntled with me about the whole thing and I am sorry to hear that but again communication is key and Chris had my number but chose the confusing route.

I think I know why and he knows why but that is a personal matter that really makes little difference now that he no longer works at Banks.

If the question is, Does Granatelli make every part that goes into a t-body†the answer is no we use a few local machine shops to help with a layouts but the design is ours and the majority of the parts our made by Granatelli for Granatelli
JR, I made my appointment with you guys for tomorrow (Fri, Jan 27) at 9:00am.

I am looking forward to having a chance to test these throttle bodies on my 2005 gt!

I spoke with Morgan on the phone, and in our brief discourse, he mentioned that having an intake and tune on the car may or may not assist the TB's ability to flow more air into the engine. I would just like to comment here that most people who would be willing to buy an aftermarket TB for the new mustang are people that most likely have other simple bolt-ons, especially intakes, and that it should serve as a great indicator to other car-modding people as to the helpfulness and expandability that comes along with the TB.

A good friend with a 2006 mustang gt auto may stop by to check things out and be witness.

I will be bringing my camera and taking a number of photos if that is alright with you (ie, tb out of box, tb installed, car on dyno, dyno sheets, etc).
I look forward greatly to getting a chance to meet you and try out this TB, and to the members of TMS (and probably Stangnet as well), as promised I will report my experience to you in sufficient detail.

Thank you JR for offering this opportunity.

-Geoff
Old 1/26/06, 04:57 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Granatelli@January 26, 2006, 2:27 PM
All do respect Chris...I am not sure why you are bashing GMS. The Throttle Body Sold by Granatelli is a Granatelli part. Not sure why you are casting aspersions the other way. We only sold 1 Central Coast Mustang Throttle body to Extreme Automotive in Canoga Park and the rest were Granatelli Parts. I am pretty sure the one on your car is actually a Granatelli Part. Also Central Coast has been out of business since Thanksgiving so NO BODY can buy a CCM part to my knowledge.

I feel I need to clear up a few things. Chris worked at Gale Banks and used his position there to get tons of parts for his car. I have no problem with that either. However, Chris wanted to trade Banks parts for Granatelli parts and rather then talk to me about it directly he used the guys at Extreme as a go between and it is all got lost in the translation. The Guys at Extreme tell me his is now disgruntled with me about the whole thing and I am sorry to hear that but again communication is key and Chris had my number but chose the confusing route.

I think I know why and he knows why but that is a personal matter that really makes little difference now that he no longer works at Banks.

If the question is, Does Granatelli make every part that goes into a t-body†the answer is no we use a few local machine shops to help with a layouts but the design is ours and the majority of the parts our made by Granatelli for Granatelli
JR, I have never used Extreme as a go between and everyone on this forum knows I worked for Banks...See, I post here ALOT and know most of the members here. You on the other hand have just come onto this forum and you are trying to pick a match with me?... :nono: ..I would really suggest you think about what you are doing here before this gets out of hand quick. If you would really like to have the WHOLE story on the forums then I would be happy to lay it out there and then the forum community can decide!. if you read and understood my post it was not against you in any way. I merely indicated that I got my TB from them and that yours was probably a similar piece since theirs was out first. In fact, I actually SIDED with you in saying I got those HP claims you are making when I dynoed the car in a before and after test of the TB with my supercharger...Think this one through JR...That is all I am going to say for the time being...
Old 1/26/06, 05:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by don_w@January 26, 2006, 3:41 PM

Donnnn..... You meany!!
Old 1/26/06, 09:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

middle of this page is a picture of the stock tb gears and motoblue tb gears (not to be confused with granatelli, I've never seen their's)

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05gtmace.htm

anyway, notice how the ford gears come to a halt while the motoblue gears continue. I have no idea what the tb motor does, but I don't see any harm in putting a stop on the gears if you want to, that's what ford does.
Old 1/27/06, 07:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by stkdidy@January 26, 2006, 5:51 PM
JR, I made my appointment with you guys for tomorrow (Fri, Jan 27) at 9:00am.

I am looking forward to having a chance to test these throttle bodies on my 2005 gt!

I spoke with Morgan on the phone, and in our brief discourse, he mentioned that having an intake and tune on the car may or may not assist the TB's ability to flow more air into the engine. I would just like to comment here that most people who would be willing to buy an aftermarket TB for the new mustang are people that most likely have other simple bolt-ons, especially intakes, and that it should serve as a great indicator to other car-modding people as to the helpfulness and expandability that comes along with the TB.

A good friend with a 2006 mustang gt auto may stop by to check things out and be witness.

I will be bringing my camera and taking a number of photos if that is alright with you (ie, tb out of box, tb installed, car on dyno, dyno sheets, etc).
I look forward greatly to getting a chance to meet you and try out this TB, and to the members of TMS (and probably Stangnet as well), as promised I will report my experience to you in sufficient detail.
Thank you JR for offering this opportunity.

-Geoff
Its 845 here Cant wait to see the results
Old 1/27/06, 09:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

11AM on the East Coast, 8 AM on the West, 1 Hour to Go!!!
Old 1/27/06, 09:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ahh he is on the west coast im cent.
Old 1/27/06, 09:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

dont know what happened there..
Old 1/27/06, 09:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Old 1/27/06, 10:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

Whats your vector victor? Do we have clearence Clarance?!
Old 1/27/06, 10:43 AM
Former Vendor

Quick Reply: Throttle Body