GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Stillen....beware...

Search this Thread

Old 9/6/07, 07:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Faber
exactly! maybe if it said "Disney vacation included with select supercharger and installation packages, click for details" that was basically my point. see i am not crazy!
I'll admit thats the WAY advertisement should work but in this day and age there is always the fine print!
Old 9/6/07, 07:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bryanthomas
Two reasons I didn't get married a little while back.
Once you have kids, everything changes. Marriage is nothing in comparison. So...you need to state that us parents are a strange bunch. You can guess what marriage would be like, but you cannot imagine what comes your way when you have children.

I don't see the big deal here, Faber. Always read the fine print. You should see the crap I am going through to try and get my cable bill straightened out. Now THEY are con artists! (could be that I am still frustrated over it) Stillen is trying to do something here. Most companies would tell you to go somewhere else.

Good luck. Maybe this is just not the right time for that purchase.
Old 9/7/07, 08:42 AM
Authorized Advertiser

I’m sorry for any confusion that the ad may have presented (I don’t write them), but please keep in mind that I did make a deal better than the promotion originally offered.

screaming, loaded-diaper, bacteria-laden animals
Thats a bold statement sir...but very funny!

Have a great weekend all
Old 9/7/07, 09:24 AM
Bullitt Member

You always need to read the fine print and/or "see details"..,FABER.. You are beating a dead horse man...you goofed, not STILLEN........""Can't we all get along?"" Such is life...........
I think we all have been in Fabers shoes at one time, but most of us "get over it!"
Good luck with Disneyland, if you go anyhow.
Old 9/7/07, 11:57 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 07 HOSS Mustang
You always need to read the fine print and/or "see details"..,FABER.. You are beating a dead horse man...you goofed, not STILLEN........""Can't we all get along?"" Such is life...........
I think we all have been in Fabers shoes at one time, but most of us "get over it!"
Good luck with Disneyland, if you go anyhow.
i am over it. i was over it very shortly after i posted. i am no longer beating horses...after that peta call....well maybe not, are YOU a horse?
Old 9/7/07, 12:04 PM

You're over it, that's good. But there's still a thread out there titled "Stillen...beware". The disclaimer was clearly on the website, and he tried to work a deal with you, even though he didn't have to. Unfortunate that his company's name is now listed negatively in a thread title. But hey, at least YOU'RE over it.
Old 9/7/07, 12:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
I agree on the title change
Old 9/7/07, 12:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Faber
http://www.stillen.com/

got excited when i saw there was a free disney trip with a "any installed" supercharger purchase (as my wife previously indicated to me that my supercharger money would be better used on a trip to disneyland) and called up stillen. I was told that they may be able to work me a deal for four tickets instead of two to disneyland and the guy would call me back. When he called back he said the trip offer does not apply to mustangs because they have to "send the PCM away" to have it reprogrammed...This killed the deal for me as it took my disney leverage away, and made me leary about stillen. I figure any company that advertises a deal to get you intersted and then pulls the rug out from under you is not exactly worthy of any of my business.

my 2 cents anyway...

There ad says buy "any" Stillen supercharger and your eligible. Guess you could make a case its misleading/false advertising but as is usually the case, how much time, effort and frustration to you personally want to invest.
Old 9/7/07, 12:20 PM
Cobra Member

I agree also, and have stated several times that i was frustrated when i posted and had not read the fine print. I was not necessarily aware that i was getting a better deal than advertised as i had gone to stillen from a post saying that they were offering a magnacharger for 4500 bucks.

If a mod wants to delete this thread to protect stillen from anyone who may judge simply from the title then so be it. obviously most people still give stillen the benefit of the doubt, just look at the majority of the anti faber posts in this thread. i still the the wording of the ad is misleading, and from my experience misleading ads are the mark of misleading business practices. obviously this is not the case with stillen as it seems like I got scorched for simply trying to throw up a red flag.

was I wrong to try to keep fellow mustang owwners on this board from getting sucked in and dissapointed? if so I will no longer post on this board.
Old 9/7/07, 12:21 PM
V6 Member

This thread should be locked, it has been resolved.

It is going in circles.

Sorry the deal didn't work out right now man.
Old 9/7/07, 01:39 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Closed at OP request