GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Stillen....beware...

Search this Thread

Old 9/6/07, 01:37 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Willie
...being able to travel by myself and go as fast as I wanted to...
Two reasons I didn't get married a little while back.
Old 9/6/07, 01:46 PM
Bullitt Member

His ad does clearly state "some restrictions/limitations apply". I can't see any harm in it unless that part of the ad was just added.

I side with Stillen on this one, maybe you can tell the wife with the discounted SC you have the money to go to DL?
Old 9/6/07, 01:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by StillenMustang07
Johnny,

I understand that you’re disappointed, but “hook advertising”? I have stated before, in other posts, that I will extend fellow TMS members the best deal possible and that’s what was done in regards to your situation. I apologize if you feel the advertisement was ambiguous, but hypothetically if the Mustang qualified and you were to go with the promotional package (as outlined) it would cost you an additional $150-200 more than if you were to take my deal on the supercharger only and spring for the tickets and hotel yourself.

Maybe we can still work something out, however please don’t label Stillen as a company that uses underhanded business practices because the package offered was actually better than advertised.

Have a great day

If he's going to save you enough to pay for the trip, what's the problem? It sounds like he's being a stand up guy Explain the savings to the wife........maybe you'll end up better off. At least you could book the hotel of your choice instead of Stillens??
Old 9/6/07, 01:57 PM
Cobra Member

yeah. I guess I just expected too much.
Old 9/6/07, 02:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

nice s/c's but you could buy something that will give you a little more power, for less money.
Old 9/6/07, 02:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Faber
yeah. I guess I just expected too much.
But isn't he offering you a price saving you more than the trip was worth??
Old 9/6/07, 02:04 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by HiRoller
But isn't he offering you a price saving you more than the trip was worth??
I am not sure.
Old 9/6/07, 04:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
I say forget the s/c and take your family to Fl. disney. The memorys will be worth more than any s/c ride. ..... Or just give the honey your cash and don't worry about it any more. lol How old are your kids Johnny?
Old 9/6/07, 04:51 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
I say forget the s/c and take your family to Fl. disney. The memorys will be worth more than any s/c ride. ..... Or just give the honey your cash and don't worry about it any more. lol How old are your kids Johnny?
lol..my kids are 5 and 1.
Old 9/6/07, 04:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
Oh Ic I would wait untill the 1yr old was at least 5 before going to disney.
Old 9/6/07, 04:59 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
Oh Ic I would wait untill the 1yr old was at least 5 before going to disney.
yeah that is the plan. we took the 5 year old in march and it was awesome! I can't wait to take them again. I figure a supercharger ain't much in the grand scheme of things.
Old 9/6/07, 05:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I have to side with Johnny some. Ad shouldn't say any. I can understand restrictions when there like, limit one per person, hotels and reservations selected by Stillen. Not use the word "any" and not actually mean ANY supercharged system. JMO

I work retail so I guess I see how occassionaly lame wording is extremely misleading and frustrating.
Old 9/6/07, 05:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
I have to side with Johnny some. Ad shouldn't say any. I can understand restrictions when there like, limit one per person, hotels and reservations selected by Stillen. Not use the word "any" and not actually mean ANY supercharged system. JMO

I work retail so I guess I see how occassionaly lame wording is extremely misleading and frustrating.
exactly! maybe if it said "Disney vacation included with select supercharger and installation packages, click for details" that was basically my point. see i am not crazy!
Old 9/6/07, 05:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Faber
exactly! maybe if it said "Disney vacation included with select supercharger and installation packages, click for details" that was basically my point. see i am not crazy!

Least I dont think your crazy. I think the word "ANY" means... anything. Call me crazy. Oh well. Hook, line, and... more lines.
Old 9/6/07, 05:12 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by bryanthomas
You married folk are a strange lot.
thanks
Old 9/6/07, 05:14 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 06GTwJUICE
nice s/c's but you could buy something that will give you a little more power, for less money.
yeah like a diamond.....
Old 9/6/07, 05:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Hahaha dude that cracked me up.... how true, how true.
Old 9/6/07, 05:31 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by tom281

Hahaha dude that cracked me up.... how true, how true.
Old 9/6/07, 05:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Willie
the wife and two little girls care about disneyland....a supecharged mustang is the happiest place on earth to me...

Couldn't agree any more. Six months ago, my daughter had cheerleading/dance competition at the Anaheim Convention Center. They took a chartered flight. I met up with them one day later, so I "had" to drive myself. What a trip! Took me back to my single years (a long, long time ago), being able to travel by myself and go as fast as I wanted to. In fact, I stopped in San Diego on the way and visited a couple of friends of mine. I then made it to Anaheim and spent the next couple of days in Disneyland with my wife and daughter. What made the trip even sweeter was that I offered to stop by Edwards Air Force Base on my way home for some business. This way, the company paid for one-half of my trip....

Look like this December, we'll be going to Las Vegas and possibly back to Anaheim next March...... (do I sense another road trip or two???)
Ugh... Maybe it's because I live some 20 minutes away from Disneyland, but I'd rather have a tetanus shot than go there.

My former boss didn't want kids and his wife did. Every time she would bug him about kids he would take her to Disneyland as a form of "birth control". One look at all of those legions of screaming, loaded-diaper, bacteria-laden animals and their haughty parents standing in endless, cattle-like lines was enough to convince her to abandon the idea.

End my anti-Disney rant. Now back to topic.

Take the discount Stillen offered you and then TELL the Mrs. you got a Disney trip and git 'er done!! Come on man, work the system!!
Old 9/6/07, 06:01 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
Ugh... Maybe it's because I live some 20 minutes away from Disneyland, but I'd rather have a tetanus shot than go there.

One look at all of those legions of screaming, loaded-diaper, bacteria-laden animals and their haughty parents standing in endless, cattle-like lines was enough to convince her to abandon the idea.

I used to agree about the bacteria laden animals, but when you have kids, and their eyes light up at the gates of disneyland all the BS melts away. If bought a S/C from stillen I would definately take the family to disneyland while they installed it. I am leaning towards a whipple now though.