GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Rotorpros Cross-Drilled/Gas Slotted rotors install (w/pics)

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/07, 05:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Scott, now my list of stuff to buy is getting bigger. Anybody have an opinion as to what color caliper paint i should get? Car is WB. I thought about red but girlfriend thinks it will look funny. Next is SSbraided lines. Might as well do the whole thing at once.
Old 6/8/07, 06:11 PM

I'm definatly going to get some rotors from these guys. I think a set of black would look great.
Old 6/8/07, 06:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mco05gt
Thanks Scott, now my list of stuff to buy is getting bigger. Anybody have an opinion as to what color caliper paint i should get? Car is WB. I thought about red but girlfriend thinks it will look funny. Next is SSbraided lines. Might as well do the whole thing at once.

I am not sure what to suggest. I have a white vert and don't want to get gaudy. I am thinking I should just stay with the stock silver calipers. Red would be loud and white would be ricey... IMO. None of the colors match your car either. So my suggestion would also be red or stay with the stock silver.
Scott
Old 6/8/07, 07:20 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the heads up on the Aekebono pads. As promised here are the pictures. Larger rotor is of course the front.

FRONT

REAR

Middle of Rotor

Side by Side Front and Rear

RIchard
Old 6/8/07, 08:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 06GT4RAD
Thanks for the heads up on the Aekebono pads. As promised here are the pictures. Larger rotor is of course the front.

FRONT

REAR

Middle of Rotor

Side by Side Front and Rear

RIchard
So you say urs are what they call "premium"? And if those are whats the difference between yours Richard and Bills rotors? Just curious...
Old 6/8/07, 08:15 PM
Cobra Member

My understanding is the Premium versions have the inside area between the disks and the hub area powder coated Black. NOT painted or Zinc coated. They cannot be ZINC coated which to me is no big deal since it wears off anyway once the pads touch the rotor surface. They are the same rotors just more finished. At least that is how I am understating what was explained to me. With my Wheel and tire combo and black calipers i wanted the hub to be black. The extra cost is only like 20.00 for the set.

Here is my wheel so you undersatnd the look I am going wiith.

Richard

Richard
Old 6/8/07, 09:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 06GT4RAD
My understanding is the Premium versions have the inside area between the disks and the hub area powder coated Black. NOT painted or Zinc coated. They cannot be ZINC coated which to me is no big deal since it wears off anyway once the pads touch the rotor surface. They are the same rotors just more finished. At least that is how I am understating what was explained to me. With my Wheel and tire combo and black calipers i wanted the hub to be black. The extra cost is only like 20.00 for the set.

Here is my wheel so you undersatnd the look I am going wiith.

Richard
I see. If I maybe nosy. Any particular reason you went with the drilled vs just dimpled? Would the dimpled rotor have less chance at cracking or the same. Im looking into thses and I also would pay the 20$ for the painted hub. Now is there a big difference in price, when you were looking, between the reg and premium rotors?
Old 6/8/07, 11:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Guys stay away from the premium rotors if your worried about rust. I had the R1 Concepts premium rotors and they rusted everywhere the pad and black paint didn't touch. The means all the slots and holes and it didn't look pretty after the first couple car washes. Stick to the Zinc coated ones.
Old 6/9/07, 09:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Me too! Let's not forget who got this ball rolling!
Bill, your NEVER forgotten on this board!
Old 6/9/07, 09:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Hey Jeff,
Did you send your email to Rich thru the website "request a price" or did you use a different email address for Rich @ Rotorpro? I used the website yesterday but have not gotten any pricing back. I'm bummed.
Scott
Scott, I emailed him through the site. I'd give it another try. Maybe it didn't go through.
Old 6/9/07, 10:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Scott, I emailed him through the site. I'd give it another try. Maybe it didn't go through.

Thanks Jeff...I'll give it another try.
Scott
Old 6/9/07, 10:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Scott, PM sent
Old 6/9/07, 10:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Scott, PM sent

Got it and thanks David!
Scott
Old 6/9/07, 12:28 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by bpmurr
Guys stay away from the premium rotors if your worried about rust. I had the R1 Concepts premium rotors and they rusted everywhere the pad and black paint didn't touch. The means all the slots and holes and it didn't look pretty after the first couple car washes. Stick to the Zinc coated ones.
I would agree with this.
This was not a concern for me as my car does not get driven in rain and has only been washed once with water since bringin her home. I was more concerned with the look of the Black Hub area. The rotors themselves are the same with the exception of the ZINC Coating.

By the way for those of you sending Richard a Email It would be faster to call him.

Richard
Old 6/9/07, 09:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I too sent an email to Rich. His prices CAN"T BE BEAT!!! I'm ordering a set Monday!! Just don't know what to get. Drilled/Slotted, Dimpled/Slotted, or just Slotted? Decisions, decisions. My fear is these cracking over time, if I get drilled. Anyone shed some postiive light, to sway my choice. Thanks.

Oh, Raphael, car is AWESOME. CEL went out, and hasn't come back. Plus I got a new suprise that I have to post for my car that I just put on (not to hijack the thread)!!!
Ha Ha.. cool man.. I cant wait to hear about the new "surprise".. I havent gotten an email either so I think I'll give them a call. For those who did get a call. How about sharing some info!!
Old 6/10/07, 11:18 AM
Cobra Member

Rafael what info are you looking for?

By the way guys just to tell you know what a great deal Richard offers on these rotors. I have a source that i buy the Centric brand of rotors from as stock replacments. So I decided to call them and get a price from them figuring of course i would be able to get a lower price. Well for what it would cost me to buy just the Fronts alone Richard is selling all 4. Needless to say when i informed my source of the price he about fell out of his chair.

Richard
Old 6/10/07, 12:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

How long does it normally take for Richard to reply to the inquires on the rotor prices? its been a few days.

(Newb question)Those dimple rotors have the same issues of possible rust? Or just the drilled one. Or niether? (/Newb question)
Old 6/10/07, 12:41 PM
Cobra Member

Up to a week, minus weekend of course. Which is why i suggest calling him. Remember though he is in Calif. so adjust for time differences.

As for rusting it would be the same on drilled or dimpled.

Richard
Old 6/10/07, 12:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Jonathan, hang tight. I sent off my inquery on Thursday and got a response on Friday. Did you do it from his site or through e-mail? give it till Monday and if nothing give him a call.
I sent you a PM.

David
Old 6/10/07, 03:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Jonathan, hang tight. I sent off my inquery on Thursday and got a response on Friday. Did you do it from his site or through e-mail? give it till Monday and if nothing give him a call.
I sent you a PM.

David
Again, Thanks David. I sound like Im in a rush but I'm really not. Im just anxious to see what Im going to do next on the Mustang. I have a few ideas circling my head right now. But from what you've told me these seem like a nice mod to do with not alot invested. Who knows.

Quick Reply: Rotorpros Cross-Drilled/Gas Slotted rotors install (w/pics)