GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Procharger fuel pressure

Search this Thread

Old 3/12/06, 06:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(don_w @ March 12, 2006, 3:03 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Very enlightening, Doug.

My current plan calls for a street set-up and a track set-up. The track set-up will likely be in the 15# boost range (on race gas of course), and I will need a fuel system that can deliver enough oomph to support it. What would you recommend for my situation where I don't plan on staying in the 450rwhp range?
[/b][/quote]

A few companies have been coming out with new fuel systems for a while now, from what i see Aeromotive has their's ready. I like the system made by Modular Depot on the earlier cars and I've been talking with them about the kit for the new cars as its not quite ready yet. Most are actually converting the systems to a return style fuel system that have been making alot of Hp so that's an option too.

What I plan on doing with my car, I'm waiting for the new Shelby to come out. From what I hear they are going to have a dual pump setup along with dual FPDM's that will support well into the 700hp range and still keep the returnless fuel system. This can be carried over into the older GT's without much of a problem.

Personally I like the Returnless style because of the Fuel Pressure Rail system and being able to command more fuel by simply using the PCM programming. I feel that it allows for better controll over the fueling as well.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 3/13/06, 10:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info....after going to RPM Outlet's website and looking at the kit contents on their site, I decided to check the actual kit contents. It DOES NOT come with the 255l/ph fuel pump like it says on their website. It does however come with a Flowcharger boost a pump. Hope this thing works!
Old 3/13/06, 08:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doug904 @ March 12, 2006, 5:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
What I plan on doing with my car, I'm waiting for the new Shelby to come out. From what I hear they are going to have a dual pump setup along with dual FPDM's that will support well into the 700hp range and still keep the returnless fuel system. This can be carried over into the older GT's without much of a problem.

Personally I like the Returnless style because of the Fuel Pressure Rail system and being able to command more fuel by simply using the PCM programming. I feel that it allows for better controll over the fueling as well.[/b][/quote]

I want to stay returnless as well. Doug, any idea when the dual pump/dual FPDM set-up will be available?