GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Need help picking axleback

Search this Thread

Old 11/7/08, 02:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Well I am going to ask you a question no one has asked you yet but it is the most important question of all. "What will your final exhaust set up consist of"??? What I mean is shorties, longtubes, got to run stock cats in your area, offroad H-pipe? Trust me I have had 4 different mufflers and 2 of them are on your list. I have run with cats, offroad H-pipe and now longtubes. All I can say is what sounds good with cats might or will sound like poop with an offroad pipe and pure **** with longtubes. So I say to you do you need to run the stock cats or want an offroad H-pipe or will you want longtubes? When you answer these questions then we can help you pick a muffler. Trust me I have spent tons of money on this mod and every time you change something in the system the sound will change a bunch with the same muffler on the car. Nothing against any of the opinions above but you need to understand what total setup they are running with their chosen muffler.
Scott
Good point. Since I originally intended on eventually getting to LTs and hi-flo cats, I went with the cheapest I could find early on...Flowmasters-everything else is stock Ford exhaust. I got lots of great comments on the sound of the Flows at track events from even non-Mustang guys.

But, from being at those track events, I got bored with the Flows not being loud enough. Still staying "cheap" I went with Pypes muffler deletes. Same basic tone as the Flows but louder( and a heck of a lot lighter for those looking to lose a few pounds). They may be similar to SLP Loud-Mouths in sound though I admit the LMs look a bit better (but the Pypes were nearly 1/2 the LM price).

When I eventually pull the trigger on the LTs and other exhuast changes, who knows. Probably need to go back to the Flows or other muffler to quiet it down a bit. Until then, Pypes muffler deletes are staying on.
Old 11/7/08, 11:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ronslakie
I have had the GTA's for over 14 months and absolutely no drone. I have also read all the GTA threads during that period and never heard anyone complain of drone with the GTA's.
Ditto, love my GTA's. The only other muffler I considered was the Flowmaster. I've heard them in person and they do sound great as well.
Old 11/8/08, 07:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnTsi
I put the Corsas on in the spring after a lot of listening and PMs. Factors: Tips 4 inch and look awesome, sound is perfect when jumping on it, no drone in cabin and I'm on a highway every day, warranty, pretty easy to self install (NO DRONE, NO DRONE, NO DRONE !!!!). The sound is unbelievable when I go though an overpass or on that rare occasion when someone else is drivong the car away.
Absolutely, try being next to a concrete barrier,
Originally Posted by alloymustang
I think Im going to get corsas. Whats the difference between the touring corsas and the regular.
Touring is louder since it's offroad.

I got the Corsa axlebacks w/ the Corsa X pipe. Duuuude, sounds awesome. Sound clips on youtube do them no justice. The car sounds COMPLETELY different revving in park versus punching it under load. Heck, it even sounded deeper when I slapped my 20s on, lol, guess they're heavy enough to change the tone of my exhaust. I need to get someone to follow me and post up some sound clips driving.
Old 11/8/08, 08:00 AM

couple of pics for ya, need to take some closer ones.
Old 11/8/08, 09:37 AM
Cobra Member

nice
Old 11/8/08, 01:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Digital_Synapse
Touring is louder since it's offroad.
Nope. Touring is a less agressive sound and has nothing to do with on or off road. See here...

http://www.corsaperformance.com/Cors...VsTouring.aspx
Old 11/8/08, 03:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have the Borla Stingers right now. Awesome sound.

I would probably upgrade to Corsas in the future though.
Old 11/9/08, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by WaltM
Nope. Touring is a less agressive sound and has nothing to do with on or off road. See here...

http://www.corsaperformance.com/Cors...VsTouring.aspx

Oh yeah, that's right.