GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Kenne Bell SC Does Not Disappoint

Search this Thread

Old 2/5/06, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(don_w @ February 5, 2006, 12:18 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
There are NO other KB-blown automatics out there (not even a KB test mule, that I know of), so we're kind of breaking new ground and learning as we go.
[/b][/quote]

VERY respectable! I love being the first at something like that, it is a little risky and scary at but it is worth it. As far as I know the only first we have is the first privately owned turbo 05, and like you we will be taking baby steps, in fact if we don't get our a's in gear then 169stang will beat us to it. Nothing better than having a friend there to beat you to something. I hope you and I aren't the first engine disasters from our first engine configurations. I am so glad that you have had a positive experience with KB, I was worried at first but it looks like it is turning out awesome, as it should. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/5/06, 10:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(70MACH1OWNER @ February 5, 2006, 3:25 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Don has an automatic. I believe he does his burnouts in 2nd gear.[/b][/quote]
Exactly right.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thump_rrr @ February 5, 2006, 4:24 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Very nice Don.

I'm sure with a little more tuning and better weather conditions it would be in the 11's.
You've just made the Kenne Bell vs Saleen decision a little harder for me [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I hope to keep making it harder too. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dhof303 @ February 5, 2006, 7:58 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
VERY respectable! I love being the first at something like that, it is a little risky and scary at but it is worth it. As far as I know the only first we have is the first privately owned turbo 05, and like you we will be taking baby steps, in fact if we don't get our a's in gear then 169stang will beat us to it. Nothing better than having a friend there to beat you to something. I hope you and I aren't the first engine disasters from our first engine configurations. I am so glad that you have had a positive experience with KB, I was worried at first but it looks like it is turning out awesome, as it should. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I have no doubt that both you and David are going to have killer set-ups!! And as long as Adam is doing my tuning, I'm confident in the outcome for me as well. Other than the one failsafe mode on the crusie control issue the night we installed it, this thing has run very well. No problems, no CEL, no failsafe... either on the track or on the street. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 2/5/06, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don, Do you have a motor rebuild in mind for down the road. I'm not implying that your's isn't going to last, just curious if you're at a happy place and don't intend on turning it up anymore. I know that it's never enough for me. I know there's a point for most that's enough.
As it appears Derek is in a race to be the first at something, I'm not trying to gun for any "first time" records. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img] There's always someone out there that'll run faster. It's all about money and Derek has more than I. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] I just enjoy building up the car and running her down the track. I have never had the means to do such until this car. I did have an old jeep that I spent too much on, but nothing like this Mustang.
Do you ever get to run any 1/4 mile times ever?
Old 2/5/06, 04:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
David, I'm not currently planning on a bottom end build. My goal has been an 11-sec daily driver, and we're getting close now. And I'm not too interested in a roll cage, so I want to stay above the 11.50 mark. So, my target range for 1/8-mile times is 7.40 - 7.70. If I can run consistent 7.50s/7.60s, I'll be OK with that (at least for the forseeable future).

Which leads to your question about the 1/4-mile. The closest 1/4-mi track to me (California Dragway in Fontana) is about 100 miles away. Once a month, they have a street legal event. I went there once last June. It is a very long day (12-14 hours total) for just 3 or 4 runs. I was going to go there for the January race, but the rain changed my plans. But, as of today, the track is closed for a couple months for remodeling (they're building a new dragstrip and getting rid of the current one). The next scheduled street legal day is April 22, but that is dependent on the construction being done. So, any chance at a 1/4-mile run is a long way off for me.