GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

JLT ordered, dyno date set.....

Search this Thread

Old 2/21/05, 04:35 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, here we go. JLT CAI ordered today . I live in NC and plan to dyno this product March 19th. First stock dyno runs will be March 12th here in NC on a dynojet. For the automatic crowd I am adding 4.30 gears and will test on stock tires March 5th if weather holds out. This test will be gear only and trap out. No tune. I am not even going to fix the speedometer. This will hopefully show et and mph gain to close the gap between the auto's and stock sticks. Yes it's more gear than the stock 355 stick but I wanted to see if between the gear and converter what is really slowing these up. Time will tell. Stay tuned.
Old 2/21/05, 05:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Scott,

sounds like a decent strategy, but if I might make a few suggestions... Don't do baseline pulls and the JLT pulls on different days. Doing so introduces far too many elements into the equation (temp, humidity, etc) that may vary from day to day, thereby confounding your results.

A more accurate (and statistically precise) test of the JLT CAI would be to standardize (i.e. control for) as many of the conditions as possible, and then vary only those conditions in which you are interested in testing the effects of.

For example, you might do two stock pulls (perhaps one warm and one after a cool down) and then average these "pre-mod" pulls for a baseline. Then, on the same day, in the same shop, with the same equipment, do two more pulls after adding the JLT and the tune (again, you might do one warm and one after a cool down). As before, averge these two "post-mod" pulls, and the compare the differences in means between the post-mod pulls and the pre-mod pulls.

That difference would represent what we call an "ubiased treatment effect" and would more accurately capture the "true" effect of adding the JLT intake...

my .02 B)
Old 2/21/05, 06:03 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Purple Hayz@February 21, 2005, 6:31 PM
Scott,

sounds like a decent strategy, but if I might make a few suggestions... Don't do baseline pulls and the JLT pulls on different days. Doing so introduces far too many elements into the equation (temp, humidity, etc) that may vary from day to day, thereby confounding your results.

A more accurate (and statistically precise) test of the JLT CAI would be to standardize (i.e. control for) as many of the conditions as possible, and then vary only those conditions in which you are interested in testing the effects of.

For example, you might do two stock pulls (perhaps one warm and one after a cool down) and then average these "pre-mod" pulls for a baseline. Then, on the same day, in the same shop, with the same equipment, do two more pulls after adding the JLT and the tune (again, you might do one warm and one after a cool down). As before, averge these two "post-mod" pulls, and the compare the differences in means between the post-mod pulls and the pre-mod pulls.

That difference would represent what we call an "ubiased treatment effect" and would more accurately capture the "true" effect of adding the JLT intake...

my .02 B)
Makes good sense. I will do that part. Same day testing/cool down periods etc. Thanks, SW
Old 2/21/05, 06:37 PM
Bullitt Member

btw, you are going to have a sweet set-up with those mods. Don't know of anyone else on the forum with the cajones to stick 4.30's in the auto

you may want to invest in an extra set of rear tires as well!