GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

I've got a Bamachips smile that won't come off...

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/07, 07:19 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 50LX46GT
This is just not fair! Today I received my 91 Race tune from Doug and we have a full blown blizzard going on outside right now in Iowa.

I have read many good things about this tune and can't wait to try it out. I don't think it would be in my best interest to try it the first time in snow.

Come on spring!!!
What luck! I wouldn't be able to sleep with that SCT box just sitting there. You can always load the tune and just rev it up...no you better not because then you'll have to drive it.

~Ray
Old 3/2/07, 08:52 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by tifo
What luck! I wouldn't be able to sleep with that SCT box just sitting there. You can always load the tune and just rev it up...no you better not because then you'll have to drive it.

~Ray
If you think his tunes made a difference in your manual...you should see what he does to an auto! Raises the shift points and he gives you (drum roll please) ENGINE BRAKING!!! Along with instant throttle response!
Old 3/2/07, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by AirGoNomyk
If you think his tunes made a difference in your manual...you should see what he does to an auto! Raises the shift points and he gives you (drum roll please) ENGINE BRAKING!!! Along with instant throttle response!
I can't wait!! I have the tune all loaded in my SCT and ready to load. I have an auto so it going to be a blast. From reading these posts I already have the "smile" and I have not even tried it yet.

This snow can't go away soon enough for me, but the GT is all tucked away in the warm garage just waiting.
Old 3/2/07, 10:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well I for one, hate Doug's tunes.
Why you ask? Because they are gonna make me buy tires so much sooner.
I had my C&L/SCT2 in my house for 2 months before I got a chance to install them.
I am almost out of gas, then I will re-fill with 91 and test the Race tune I keep hearing everyone rant about
Oh dear God, my poor tires.
Old 3/2/07, 12:17 PM
GT Member

I also am a fan of Dougs tunes...tried ones from SCT and even a dyno tune done at a local shop!!! all inferior to Dougs...the dyno tune made it knock on hot days...and it took 9 pulls to get the air/fuel almost flat...I use dougs 93performance tune with trac control off...wish i had time to go to his shop and have him actually dynotune it for me....
Old 3/2/07, 01:42 PM
GT Member

How long did it take Doug to get your cai+tuner combo to you?
Old 3/2/07, 02:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Doug's Tunes Rock!

I bought Doug's Performance tune three months ago. The download and install was a piece of cake - less than 2 minutes to install. I immediately noticed that the car ran much smoother - everything seemed smoother! Two weeks ago I had an opportunity to check the difference. The results were amazing:

Stock factory baseline: 244.1 HP, 252.5 TQ (July 30, 2005)

JLT II, SCT 2, Doug's tune 271.2 HP, 269.9 TQ

That's 27.1 HP on 87 octane gas in an automatic! Back calculation gives an equivalent flywheel HP of 330. Both sets of numbers were recorded on the same Mustang dyno.

I had been using the standard tune supplied with the JLT II and only getting 263 HP. Not bad but not as good as Doug's. And, yes, I know I could probably do better at 93 octane but I'm a functional cheapskate who has great difficulty paying 20 cents more per gallon of gas!
Old 3/2/07, 05:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 06SatinSilver
I also am a fan of Dougs tunes...tried ones from SCT and even a dyno tune done at a local shop!!! all inferior to Dougs...the dyno tune made it knock on hot days...and it took 9 pulls to get the air/fuel almost flat...I use dougs 93performance tune with trac control off...wish i had time to go to his shop and have him actually dynotune it for me....
I'm not sure he could improve on it. Doug has done so much research that his email/mail tunes are perfect. I swapped my stock 3:55's with Doug's 4:10's, and while we were doing that Doug invited me down to the local dyno shop to see what I was making at the wheels with his tunes. I made one pull and everything was perfect. Doug did not have to change a thing. Although I did decide to make a second pull to make sure what we were seeing was correct. You are in good hands with Doug's tunes. Now you need to order his Race tune.
Old 3/3/07, 09:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey guys,

Thank you for all of your kind words! It was truly my oppertunity to meet some of my customers this past weekend as It gets booring trying to figure out who you are behind this desk. It was great meeting everyone and seeing what else you've had done to your car as well as finding out new things that will work on my own, BIG BRAKES!!

As for shipping time for C&L intakes I recieved 7 Racer's and three V6 kits yesterday but unfortunatly no C&L Street kits, I have quite a bit on order. I spooke with C&L and they said at the moment they are out of inlet pipes but hope to have them in early this week, I'm truly sorry for the delays.

I'm also answering emails and phone messages as I get them and trying to give each one the attention it deserves, going out of town for nearly a week will put you behind. I do promise that you will get a responce from me and I hope to have my inbox cleaned out by Sunday night in preparation for the new week.

Thanks guys for all of your support! Like I've said before I wouldn't be anything without my customers!!

Doug
Old 3/3/07, 10:24 AM

Hey Doug,

I hope you, your family and friends survived the severe weather and tornados there in Alabama. I feel for the families who lost loved ones or that were hurt. With the same storm we had a blizzard here in Iowa but that is nothing compared to the destruction of tornados (we get those too).

Take care down there and thanks for the 91 Race Tune you sent the other day. I can not wait to try it out! Still waiting for some dry roads.

Tom
'06 GT Auto
Bamachips 91 Race Tune/SCT2
Old 3/4/07, 12:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

hey Doug.. hope you and your family are good after the tornados. Hey I installed the new file you sent me and WOW. Big difference. Got a problem though... when I engage the clutch to downshift and turn my car is going into fail safe. I dont know if I positioned the MAF wrong but I dont know what to do. If you can give me a call. Thanks again
Old 3/11/07, 01:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Ray...

How are things? Got Tunes?!

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=211

Regards,

Ray of the Universe
Old 3/11/07, 08:07 AM
Cobra Member

I have the C&l racer kit uninstalled and I am seriously looking into getting the tuner from Doug but don't know exactly which tunes to get. I know I want the 93 race tune but don't know about the other too, any help.
Old 3/11/07, 12:41 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
How are things? Got Tunes?!

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=211

Regards,

Ray of the Universe
Oh yeah...

That C&L intake looks pretty sweet. Did you try Doug's 91 Race tune yet? If you do...I don't think you'll want to run anything but that. I've never heard a Mustang GT owner on this board say, "That's a little too much power for my taste. I'll think I'll settle for something a little more tame."

Load it up and hold on,

~Ray (the one with the faster car)
Old 3/11/07, 02:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tifo
Oh yeah...

That C&L intake looks pretty sweet. Did you try Doug's 91 Race tune yet? If you do...I don't think you'll want to run anything but that. I've never heard a Mustang GT owner on this board say, "That's a little too much power for my taste. I'll think I'll settle for something a little more tame."

Load it up and hold on,

~Ray (the one with the faster car)
Yup,

I heard that once you go with the Race tune, you never go back. Will install today.

Ray (I don't think so!)
Old 3/11/07, 03:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ChrisM
I
Stock factory baseline: 244.1 HP, 252.5 TQ (July 30, 2005)

JLT II, SCT 2, Doug's tune 271.2 HP, 269.9 TQ

That's 27.1 HP on 87 octane gas in an automatic! Back calculation gives an equivalent flywheel HP of 330. Both sets of numbers were recorded on the same Mustang dyno.

I had been using the standard tune supplied with the JLT II and only getting 263 HP. Not bad but not as good as Doug's. And, yes, I know I could probably do better at 93 octane but I'm a functional cheapskate who has great difficulty paying 20 cents more per gallon of gas!
Thanks for posting with the results on 87 octane. Everybody wants to get to 91/93 tunes and show what they end up with but its hard to find someone who holds onto an 87 tune long enough to get solid figures on what it supplies .

Really need to get off the fence and get a CAI and tuner in. Been wanting to stick with an 87 tune until more $$$ for more zoom-zoom....Nice to know staying at 87 for a while won't be too bad.