2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

BMR k member and a arms

Search this Thread

Old 9/24/15, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMR k member and a arms

I just installed the BMR k member and moving on the the BMR a arms, I have been having trouble getting the front bushings to fit in the k member bracket. I managed to get the passenger side in but the driver side won't go. I am thinking that the driver side bracket is slightly bent in and needs to be banged with a mallet. Has anyone else had trouble with this setup?
Old 9/24/15, 09:44 PM
V6 Member

Mine went right in. Try freezing it first?
Old 9/25/15, 11:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Name:  image_zpsegof5ure.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  1.57 MB

I did mine without any issues. I also assembles everything before lifting it into place. Just thought is was a much easier way to do it.

Did you lube up the bushing before trying to install it? You may have caused the bushing to expand a little bit. It's gotta be a three piece bushing. Try and put the bolt through just the bushing and tighten it down with a couple of washers and see if it compresses at all. if it's the metal sleeve that is preventing it from going in the bracket may be bent or the sleeve is too long. BMR tolerances are quite small and if it is off by the smallest of margins it may be a tight fit. have you measured the brackets on both sides to wee if there is a difference?
Old 9/25/15, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by 07 Boss

I did mine without any issues. I also assembles everything before lifting it into place. Just thought is was a much easier way to do it.

Did you lube up the bushing before trying to install it? You may have caused the bushing to expand a little bit. It's gotta be a three piece bushing. Try and put the bolt through just the bushing and tighten it down with a couple of washers and see if it compresses at all. if it's the metal sleeve that is preventing it from going in the bracket may be bent or the sleeve is too long. BMR tolerances are quite small and if it is off by the smallest of margins it may be a tight fit. have you measured the brackets on both sides to wee if there is a difference?
I managed to get it in after banging the bracket with a mallet a little, it was still a super tight fit. The a arm cross brace bracket also needed to be bent a hair. I'm assuming because the motor mounts also alot smaller, some vibration when starting the car is normal?
Old 9/25/15, 05:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Airborne42
I managed to get it in after banging the bracket with a mallet a little, it was still a super tight fit. The a arm cross brace bracket also needed to be bent a hair. I'm assuming because the motor mounts also alot smaller, some vibration when starting the car is normal?
If you went from the stock hydro mounts to this, yes there is going to be a huge difference in how it feels vibration wise. I went from Prothane bullet mounts so the difference was barely noticeable, maybe a couple of dash board rattles that I didn't have before.

My car is super loud so I didn't notice any other increases in NVH. It is definitely more solid and with that you may get a couple of harsher bangs if you were to hit a pot hole or something along those lines. But you will surely notice a huge difference in the way it feels and handles.