Old 12/5/06, 02:14 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is some good stuff
Old 12/5/06, 03:35 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
I'm sure Ford has tested this engine inside and out, and from the Roush side of the fence...they, just like FRPP, have to get things cleared through Ford to get the seal of approval for quality/reliability
(with regards to supercharging)

If the tune and power from the HO kit is ok'd... i'd be willing to bet its a good fit.
I would say that's a good premise on the Roush side of the fence with regards to their Stage 3 / 427 cars for resale which carry a full powertrain warranty.

I will disagree on Ford Racing. Ford Racing is a brand and nothing more.
Read the fine print on all their warranty's, Ford Racing warranties nothing. Everything gets handed off to the manufacturer directly. If you have a problem with a Ford Racing part, they will refer you to the manufacturer directly for compensation or replacement.

Every other supercharger they've ever offered always came with the disclaimer that adding a supercharger will void the powertrain warranty, even the upgrade one's on Cobra's. I haven't seen ANYTHING that would lead me to believe it will be otherwise.... UNLESS... Certain Ford Racing Dealerships are willing to take the risk. I dunno, I'm just guessin here too, but that's my hunch.

And i'm not baggin on Ford Racing either, they provide parts cheaper most times, and I'll forego a no questions asked warranty for a cheaper price

When I do mine, I'll be doing the H.O. kit....but with a 5 lb pulley. Seeing I live in the hotter than hades desert, detonation is a way of life around here. I still want to keep the stock block for a little while
Old 12/5/06, 04:13 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,884 Likes on 2,128 Posts
I look Forward to the Results of this Install! Time will tell what works and what doesn't. I hope it all works well. Personally I am quite Happy with my 427r Specs on my Roush Blower. In the Future Roush will be offering an 8lb Pulley for their Kits and I May go that Route Later but for now I am happy with what I have. I personally would be Uncomfortable with 10lbs of Boost on a stock shortblock but that is My Feelings. Maybe I have just seen too Many Lightnings in our shop over the years that had the Boost Cranked up and Spit out rods etc. Again I hope it Works out well for you and Please Let us Know your results.

It's Not always what you say But how you say it! Be Cool!

KC
Old 12/5/06, 04:36 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm still clinging to the slim ray of hope (and mentioned recently again)
that they are looking to have the unit warrantied if installed at a FRPP stealership.

If that being said is the case, it would also have to abide by the same 'ford law' that Roush would. (being that Ford Racing is indeed an outside entity...not internal to ford)
Old 12/5/06, 08:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by emperorjordan
hahahahaha, Frank, nice job stirring it up again!

whers my popcorn smilie?

BTW, i know this is worthless to most of you.... but I can vouch for the 600+rwhp car at ST Motorsports... and it did last quite some time.

Who Me?

It got awfully quiet in here all of a sudden...lol. I guess 753 RWHP can take your breath away!

BTW did you make a decision about a FI setup for your car yet?
Old 12/5/06, 09:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

im pretty sure Whipple. I dont like the BAP or thte quietness of the KB, and im not so sure about the turbo..... when it comes down to it.... twin screw is what I wanted from the beginning, and if I have to spend a little more to do it right, what the hell.