GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Ford Racing BIG BOOST KIT

Search this Thread

Old 12/1/06, 12:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys relax, no reason to get angry over a simple difference of opinion. I have seen many people at ModularFords.com running their stock engines at 450rwhp ++++ without problems. Of course we all realize the danger of pushing that much power and the benefit of getting forged internals, but with the success of many some of us are willing to risk it. I personally am not a "Dyno Queen" never had my car on one, probably never will unless its for a custom tune. I also have never been to the track, but my Ford Racing dealer is chomping at the bit for me to bring my car when its finished. But I am excited about the prospect of blowing away guys who spent 2 and 3 times what my pony has cost me.

In short to quote that great philosopher Rodney King "Can't we all just get along?"

By the way S197GT I am thinking about the KDWNT's how do you like them? I hear they are great on wet roads, wear very well and the only bad comment was they are loud. What do you think?

Neil
Old 12/1/06, 01:00 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Originally Posted by Ryan07GT
That's just great....you obviously can't handle the facts and yes, I have done TONS of research and have had alot of experience with the new 4.6 3v on the 05-07. Just because I don't have 1000 posts doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. If post counts actually matter, than I'm out of here. I'll challenge anyone here to put 600 RWHP on a stock bottom end, run it hard, and make it last. Not gonna happen.

I can handle the facts just fine. You are not presenting facts. You're presenting your opinions.

Fact: There are people running over 600 rwhp on the stock ottem end

My Opinion: They will not be running for long

Nobody here will put 600rqhp on the stock bottom end. You need to realize the traffic that is over here. Look at all the threads, and determine if this site is a die hard performance site. NOPE!

My tuner ran 19 psi if I remember correctly, could have been 16, on his stock bottom end and got well above 600 rwhp, before it popped.

It was never in my mind that these blocks would handle those power levels reliably, but there are guys pushing 600+ whether you want to admit it or not.

One thing I'll say about them, is that they are on borrowed time.

For someone that has all this experiance and has done all this research, you'd think you'd be saying the setup and tune are more important factors than the actual HP numbers.

How else do you explain people popping at 400, when others are running 500+ strong!

Fuel System and Tuning are the biggest factors in reliability with power FI S197's on the stock block.

Post count has nothing to do with what you know, but for you to come on here as a NOOB and make false statements, only to follow up with "I've been building motors for ___ for 10 years." Your experiance building motors will make other people assume you know what your talking about, but clearly you don't...in regards to what numbers people are actually running.

IMO, Running Ford's tune on a 500rwhp motor is more of a risk than someone running 575rwhp with a reputable tune!

Hell look at how lean the stock Saleen's run.

At least we agree on one thing, noone is going to make a 600 rwhp stock block last while running it hard. But that doesn't mean noone is running it right now! They just won't be on the road for long.

I'd just ask that you watch what you post seeing that you've got all this experiance and people here will take your word without doing their own research.

No harm intended man...just correcting you where you were wrong.
Old 12/1/06, 01:07 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Originally Posted by NDHESQ
Hey Guys relax, no reason to get angry over a simple difference of opinion. I have seen many people at ModularFords.com running their stock engines at 450rwhp ++++ without problems. Of course we all realize the danger of pushing that much power and the benefit of getting forged internals, but with the success of many some of us are willing to risk it. I personally am not a "Dyno Queen" never had my car on one, probably never will unless its for a custom tune. I also have never been to the track, but my Ford Racing dealer is chomping at the bit for me to bring my car when its finished. But I am excited about the prospect of blowing away guys who spent 2 and 3 times what my pony has cost me.

In short to quote that great philosopher Rodney King "Can't we all just get along?"

By the way S197GT I am thinking about the KDWNT's how do you like them? I hear they are great on wet roads, wear very well and the only bad comment was they are loud. What do you think?

Neil

Let me give you some advice....

Don't take what the dealer tells you as bond! Maverick did the research, and you are basically buying the same H.O. kit that Whipple has available. This was my thinking when you posted on MF...

I know you won't discuss the cost, but I hope it's less than 5,500 because you can get one now for that price.

As far as the dyno goes, I'd highly recommend anyone that gets blown to get on the dyno to verify that the A/F is safe. After all, we want these to last right. Also make sure your timing is at a level you feel comfortable with.

As far as the KDW 2's, they are great! They work so good in the rain, I couldn't believe it! No noticable noises, but my exhaust is pretty loud anyways! They do wear fairly quickly though. But all Z rated tires will wear fast.

I plan on switching to the NT555 DR when these run up.
Old 12/1/06, 01:24 PM
Bullitt Member

The advertised price for the Ford package will be approx $6,300.00 Lethal Performance has the Whipple intercooled for $6,100. My price is significantly less.

Thanks for the advice on the Dyno Tune, that is my intention. I just don't want to have a replay of what happened to NOLAGT's Whipple over on MF.

If you are happy with the KDW's why switch to Nittos? I only ask because they are among my choices. If you had to do it over again would you have taken the Nittos over the KDW's? I like the idea of the traction in wet weather, we get a lot of rain here at the Jersey shore!!!

Thanks
Old 12/1/06, 01:35 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Originally Posted by NDHESQ
The advertised price for the Ford package will be approx $6,300.00 Lethal Performance has the Whipple intercooled for $6,100. My price is significantly less.

Thanks for the advice on the Dyno Tune, that is my intention. I just don't want to have a replay of what happened to NOLAGT's Whipple over on MF.

If you are happy with the KDW's why switch to Nittos? I only ask because they are among my choices. If you had to do it over again would you have taken the Nittos over the KDW's? I like the idea of the traction in wet weather, we get a lot of rain here at the Jersey shore!!!

Thanks
The reason I want to switch is because I'm going to a drag radial, and I can fit a 305 in the Nittos under there, and I hear they grip better than the BFG DR's.

For wet weather, the KDW 2's are a no brainer!

You should get in touch with NOLA, and get some advice from him on the tuning issues. He's a cool guy, and he's always willing to help! Just send him a PM over there, and I'm sure he'll be able to explain how the tunes get erased and whatnot.

Take care man! I got a deal I couldn't pass up on my blower too! Way less than advertised! I understand you jumping on the offer!

Good luck man, you are going to love it!
Old 12/1/06, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the advice.
Old 12/1/06, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by S197 GT
I can handle the facts just fine. You are not presenting facts. You're presenting your opinions.

Fact: There are people running over 600 rwhp on the stock ottem end

My Opinion: They will not be running for long

Nobody here will put 600rqhp on the stock bottom end. You need to realize the traffic that is over here. Look at all the threads, and determine if this site is a die hard performance site. NOPE!

My tuner ran 19 psi if I remember correctly, could have been 16, on his stock bottom end and got well above 600 rwhp, before it popped.

It was never in my mind that these blocks would handle those power levels reliably, but there are guys pushing 600+ whether you want to admit it or not.

One thing I'll say about them, is that they are on borrowed time.

For someone that has all this experiance and has done all this research, you'd think you'd be saying the setup and tune are more important factors than the actual HP numbers.

How else do you explain people popping at 400, when others are running 500+ strong!

Fuel System and Tuning are the biggest factors in reliability with power FI S197's on the stock block.

Post count has nothing to do with what you know, but for you to come on here as a NOOB and make false statements, only to follow up with "I've been building motors for ___ for 10 years." Your experiance building motors will make other people assume you know what your talking about, but clearly you don't...in regards to what numbers people are actually running.

IMO, Running Ford's tune on a 500rwhp motor is more of a risk than someone running 575rwhp with a reputable tune!

Hell look at how lean the stock Saleen's run.

At least we agree on one thing, noone is going to make a 600 rwhp stock block last while running it hard. But that doesn't mean noone is running it right now! They just won't be on the road for long.

I'd just ask that you watch what you post seeing that you've got all this experiance and people here will take your word without doing their own research.

No harm intended man...just correcting you where you were wrong.
I'm done here. I don't appreciate you telling me I don't know what I'm talking about. I never gave false information....I stated facts which you just can't handle. I'm not gonna watch what i post since I won't be here anymore. Everything I stated was about running safe which you obviously didn't read in my posts. As for tuning....almost everything you do to these motors requires a tune. A good tune will not save you from the inievitable. Just because someone is running 500+ on a good tune with a stock bottom end doesn't mean that something isn't gonna break. If you think otherwise, start saving for a new motor. People are putting too much faith in tunes. If you want it done right, do it right the first time. Parts for these motors are too expensive to take chances on just because some people are still up and running. I've seen people with way more power than their car can handle blow motors or lose traction and cause a major accident. If you guys want to risk that with a 30k car, well more power to you. I just don't want to see anyone get hurt or hurt others.
Old 12/1/06, 02:36 PM
FR500 Member

Good, see ya later!
Old 12/1/06, 02:47 PM
3rd Times A Charm

I'm done here. I don't appreciate you telling me I don't know what I'm talking about. I never gave false information....I stated facts which you just can't handle. I'm not gonna watch what i post since I won't be here anymore. Everything I stated was about running safe which you obviously didn't read in my posts. As for tuning....almost everything you do to these motors requires a tune. A good tune will not save you from the inievitable. Just because someone is running 500+ on a good tune with a stock bottom end doesn't mean that something isn't gonna break. If you think otherwise, start saving for a new motor. People are putting too much faith in tunes. If you want it done right, do it right the first time. Parts for these motors are too expensive to take chances on just because some people are still up and running. I've seen people with way more power than their car can handle blow motors or lose traction and cause a major accident. If you guys want to risk that with a 30k car, well more power to you. I just don't want to see anyone get hurt or hurt others.

Give me a break...

I agree with everything you are saying except one thing....

Nobody is running 600 RWHP on stock internals....nobody
This is false info.....You're the one who can't handle the facts!

What a joke!

Na Na Na Na....Na Na Na Na...Hey Hey Hey...Good Bye
Old 12/1/06, 03:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow...theres a lot of skinned knucles in this thread....
Old 12/1/06, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by S197 GT
Give me a break...

I agree with everything you are saying except one thing....

This is false info.....You're the one who can't handle the facts!

What a joke!

Ok....show me proof that a 05-07 Mustang is running 600 rwhp on stock cast internals. None of this "I know a guy" bull****, actual proof.
Old 12/1/06, 03:11 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Ok....show me proof that a 05-07 Mustang is running 600 rwhp on stock cast internals. None of this "I know a guy" bull****, actual proof.

What do you want me to do?

Give me a break man! Call my tuner Adam at ST Motorsports and ask for his dyno sheet from his KB 3V, while it was on the stock block! I'm sure then that you'll claim that it wasn't under the stock motor.

Why don't you call PSI Performance in San Antonio and ask how much power they were putting through their stock block while running 100+ 10 sec 1320's!

Is that enough proof for you. Or do you need more?

Do some more research, dig up these guys's phone numbers, ask for their dyno numbers, track numbers, or what ever else you'll want. Then come back here, and try to prove me wrong.

You claim you know sooo much, when your just a tool!

These are things I can't PROVE to you. It's not my car, and even if it was, you wouldn't believe that it waas on the stock internals.

For someone with 10 years experiance, you're a *******!

I thought you weren't coming back here anyways!

NDHESQ, I'm sorry I had to put this guy in his place in your thread, but he's giving out false info!

Yes, anything above 475rwhp and your running big risks. But that doesn't mean that people aren't doing it.
Old 12/1/06, 03:22 PM

I'm a tool? **** YOU. At least I can spell EXPERIENCE. Who's the dumb ***? Yeah you. And no, you didn't put me in my place. Nice try internet tough guy.
Old 12/1/06, 03:31 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
While your on the subject of tires being to small for the power difference.I would consider installing a pair of LCA's and the UCA.I see that you have the FRPP suspension which is fine.But sticky tires and the control arm up-grade will help stop the hop and make for straight line hole-shots.That is if you plan on some making some 1/4 mile passes.
Old 12/1/06, 03:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Pat

Thanks for getting the thread back on topic.

I am considering Steeda LCA. But the $$$ well is pretty dry right now. I am going to try and make it through the winter with the stock tires and my current setup, get new wheels and tires in the Spring and see how it feels.

I also have given thought to the 4:10 gears have you noticed a big difference from stock to 3:73's? I have the 3:55's now and I've been told the difference between the 3:55's and 3:73's isn't very noticeable.
Old 12/1/06, 03:45 PM
3rd Times A Charm

I'm a tool? **** YOU. At least I can spell EXPERIENCE. Who's the dumb ***? Yeah you. And no, you didn't put me in my place. Nice try internet tough guy.

So what did you find out?
Old 12/1/06, 04:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ryan, there's a reason why I asked my question above. There are plenty of Cobra guys running 600rwhp on their stock bottomed block. I used to own one. So I'd like to know, why aren't our motors capable of this hp level? What's the difference??

Willie
Old 12/1/06, 05:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The Mods must be sleeping!
Old 12/1/06, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Willie
Ryan, there's a reason why I asked my question above. There are plenty of Cobra guys running 600rwhp on their stock bottomed block. I used to own one. So I'd like to know, why aren't our motors capable of this hp level? What's the difference??

Willie

Cobras have forged internals which can withstand alot of power. I was talking about the 2005-07 Mustang GT 4.6 V8's. They have cast internals. If I recall correctly, the Cobras have stronger transmissions as well. As for the supposed new Mustangs running 600 RWHP with cast internals, I haven't called anyone about it and won't. That won't prove anything. They could have a forged bottom end(which they would need) which couldn't be proven without a tear down. If these Mustangs were real, more people would know about it and plenty of people would be trying to re-create that combo.
Old 12/1/06, 05:18 PM
3rd Times A Charm

I still want to know if Ryan made the calls to check in on the "false" claims that I made about 600+ rwhp...did I spell that right?

Willie, I missed the question you asked him, but if you are referring to the 03/04 Cobras supporting 600 rwhp, that is because they came from the factory with forged internals.

We got the short end of the stick and got stuck with these powdered rods.

As I noted, there have been documented cases of people running over 600 rwhp on the stock bottom end, but they did not hold up for very long. I personally want to stay under 475 rwhp until I can build up the bottom end.

Others, depending on there situation, might not be concerned with popping, because those guys normally have something in the works, so to speak.

Quick Reply: Ford Racing BIG BOOST KIT