GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Ford Racing BIG BOOST KIT

Search this Thread

Old 12/4/06, 04:24 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryan07GT
WOW. You just can't give it up. I never said tuning wasn't important and never said 425 was the magic number. You just keep adding more and more as this thread progresses. So basically I am a ******* and a tool. That's great news coming from a kid who gets sidelined BY A FUSE .
I'm done with the name calling, and I'm not trying to offend. Sorry for that. So you can now leave that alone...

Yes, you made claims and namedropped the company you worked for for 10+ years which gives other people a sense of trust in your claims, right? Do we agree?

You mentioned the number 425...No you didn't use the verbage "magic number" but you gave the impression that 425 was your safety threshold...Do we agree?

As I stated before, you and I agree on most of the things you mentioned. We are now at a better time to make educated guess on what the safe limits would be. Before, people through out numbers like it was the thing to do, right? Do we agree? Some people would say 400, some would say 500 and so on. Now, there are a lot more people out here running poweradders, and the tuners have become much more familiar with the Spanish Oak. The numbers that were given out in the past are now seeming underbid in retrospect, right? Do we agree?

Was I sidelined by a fuse? Yes? So what? Did I solve my problem the very next morning? Yes! Do I know what I'm doing? Yes! Does my issue from this past weekend have anything to do with power levels, and things of this nature? No! Does it discredit my statements about safe power levels? No! Did I run into an issue this weekend only to have many, many people jump right in to help out? Yes!

This doesn't happen for nothing. I've helped so many people out with their S197's I can't even count. You need to know a reputable tuner, I can point you in the right way...You need to find unbeatable prices on parts, I can point you in the right way....You need advice on which parts yeild the most gains, yet save some bucks in your pocket, I can point you in the right way. And so on...

I didn't call you out on your post to cause a conflict, I was trying to give the other members a better idea of what's really going on..

You mentioned that you have plenty of experience with the S197 platform, yet you have an '07...Have you worked on them with the job you have, or is your experience based on your car alone? I'm curious as to what kind of set up you have, as that may have a factor in what you believe to be "safe".

I guess you really showed me by pointing out that I had a fuse issue this weekend. So a small detail was overlooked during my S/C install....everything is running great now! Wanna line up and find out for yourself?

Funny how you said that the 2 examples I gave were not posted on the WEB and rightfully so. When in fact the 2 examples I gave, both came from a forum that you obviously frequent.

Please, shed your wisdom on my situation from this weekend....What should I do to prevent this from happening in the future? Which fuel system do you think I should run? What are your thoughts on the need or lack thereof of a second FPDM? Who's system would work best in my application? Is there a chance my BAP can be fried?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12/4/06, 04:30 PM
FR500 Member

Old 12/4/06, 04:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

my whipple kit has arrived, check out my latest post!!
Old 12/4/06, 05:12 PM

I don't want to namecall either, but don't appreciate being called names. That is kids stuff. Yes, I do have an '07 GT, but have been working with the mod motors for the S197 on the job since mid 2004. I have done mild buildups with cam swaps to full out race applications with S/C, Nitrous, and major head work. Before the S197's came out, I was building up Cobra motors like there was no tomorrow and still am on occassion. I've also built AMC, Buick, Chevy, Mopar, Olds, Pontiac, and even Caddy motors. The only motors I won't touch are imports just because I hate rice and we already have an import builder in house. When I am saying 425 rwhp on stock internals is pushing it, I mean it. I'm not here trying to sell S/C kits and and other power adders. I'm speaking from a builders standpoint on what is safe. I know this isn't what alot of people want to hear, but I'm not telling anybody to stay at that level. Do what you want, it's your money and time invested. I know everyone wants to go faster and have more power, but it needs to be done safely...that's all I've been stressing. As far as lining up with you and running 'em....gladly. It won't be in the Mustang because it is not a racer. When I want to go fast, I bring out my fully built '73 TA 455 Super Duty. Low 10's all day.
Old 12/4/06, 05:13 PM
FR500 Member

Old 12/4/06, 05:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

.... When I want to go fast, I bring out my fully built '73 TA 455 Super Duty. Low 10's all day.

Cool, another GM dude with a daily-driven Mustang.... And when I want to go fast, it's my '87 305 (totally built) IROC-Z....
Attached Thumbnails Ford Racing BIG BOOST KIT-3837.jpg  
Old 12/4/06, 05:32 PM
3rd Times A Charm

No thanks....You can keep the TA in the garage!

I know my role on the automobile foodchain!

I should've known you were a GM guy
Old 12/4/06, 05:48 PM
Bullitt Member

It was a tough decision going with the FRPP instead of the JDM kit. Jim III was always helpful with any questions I had and talk about a low key sales approach, they are basically "this is what we can do for you, feel free to ask me as many questions as you want, we'll give you the best price we can, let me know what you want to do."

Then I find they have the most loyal customer base imaginable, due to unbelievable customer service. I was certain I would get there system as soon as I had the funds, then this FRPP Big Boost deal with my dealer came to good to pass up.
Old 12/4/06, 08:04 PM
Cobra Member

show us these dyno reports at that power level.. Unless I/we see repeated dyno reports from various owners this means nothing.. too many people "perceive " they have more HP and torque than they really do...I can honestly say from working in the industry day in and day out I have seen a custom tuned 05 motor with a KBell on it that dynoed out at 487RWHP and after the 3rd pull it went BOOM!..A/F ratios etc. were all good!..So, as far as I am concerned after seeing it with my own eyes this is all BS
Old 12/4/06, 08:35 PM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by Willie
I'd like some specs on the short block. Or simply, what is the difference in short block assemblies between our motors and the 4.6 32-valve supercharged Cobra block?

Willie
4340 Manley H-beam forged rods, iron block, steel crank, forged pistons for one. The 32v DOHC Cobra V8 is a hell of a lot stouter piece than the 3V.
Old 12/5/06, 09:22 AM
3rd Times A Charm

Originally Posted by subzero05
show us these dyno reports at that power level.. Unless I/we see repeated dyno reports from various owners this means nothing.. too many people "perceive " they have more HP and torque than they really do...I can honestly say from working in the industry day in and day out I have seen a custom tuned 05 motor with a KBell on it that dynoed out at 487RWHP and after the 3rd pull it went BOOM!..A/F ratios etc. were all good!..So, as far as I am concerned after seeing it with my own eyes this is all BS
Are you talking to me....If so, I provided all the info you need to find out for yourself. Call those guys and ask for dyno sheets!

They have all been posted on line. As well as videos of multiple 10 second passes.

I don't need to prove this to anyone...plain and simple.

Why don't you just worry about getting your parts out for sale, and leave the BS for someone else...
Old 12/5/06, 09:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey guys can we sum it up and stop the argument.

Between 500rwhp to 600rwhp is possible but it is shortly followed by a loud BOOM

Between 425rwhp - 500rwhp can be done and run for some time but is dangerous, even with a quality tune due to the stress put on the engine. Anyone running this power should be the aware of the risks that come with it.

up to 425hp is probably safe but obtaining a Great Quality tune is a MUST.

Getting forged internals is costly but always a good idea if you want to maximize the power in this engine as safely as possible.

Can we agree to disagree on the specifics and stop the name calling and get back to sharing information in a more adult manner.
Old 12/5/06, 09:43 AM
3rd Times A Charm

Originally Posted by NDHESQ
Hey guys can we sum it up and stop the argument.

Between 500rwhp to 600rwhp is possible but it is shortly followed by a loud BOOM

Between 425rwhp - 500rwhp can be done and run for some time but is dangerous, even with a quality tune due to the stress put on the engine. Anyone running this power should be the aware of the risks that come with it.

up to 425hp is probably safe but obtaining a Great Quality tune is a MUST.

Getting forged internals is costly but always a good idea if you want to maximize the power in this engine as safely as possible.

Can we agree to disagree on the specifics and stop the name calling and get back to sharing information in a more adult manner.
You've summed it up pretty well. Everyone has a different opinion on "Power Thresholds" but we all can agree that FI is a risk, regardless of power levels. As long as you are aware of these risks, and are willing to pay to play, FI is the way to go.

A lot of factors come in to play: like the application, mileage, how hard has the car been driven, and so on....

Anyone looking for FI, should look at these factors and I can't stress how inportant a custom dyno tune is from a reputable tuner! Make sure to check the A/F, timing, and MAF functions!
Old 12/5/06, 10:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just to "stir the pot," Here is some info from Jim at TurboHorsePower from another site:

Hey guys and gals. As requested here is the dyno graph for the 518 RWHP car we did several months ago. Here is what was done to that bone stock 3V GT:
Internals never touched
IMRC delete plates were used
HTO plugs
Timing @ 8 degrees
Boost @ 8#s
Race Fuel
This identical car (no changes except to timing and boost)made 753 RWHP later that day as shown graphically several pages back on 19#s and 11 degrees. Do not take these 3Vs for granted! Enjoy Jim
Attached Images

Old 12/5/06, 10:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

I new there was a reason I spend more time on other forums now.
Old 12/5/06, 11:20 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by S197 GT
Are you talking to me....If so, I provided all the info you need to find out for yourself. Call those guys and ask for dyno sheets!

They have all been posted on line. As well as videos of multiple 10 second passes.

I don't need to prove this to anyone...plain and simple.

Why don't you just worry about getting your parts out for sale, and leave the BS for someone else...

No, not speaking at you specifically.
Old 12/5/06, 11:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

hahahahaha, Frank, nice job stirring it up again!

whers my popcorn smilie?

BTW, i know this is worthless to most of you.... but I can vouch for the 600+rwhp car at ST Motorsports... and it did last quite some time.
Old 12/5/06, 12:03 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming
I new there was a reason I spend more time on other forums now.

Read through the BS and there's some good info in this butchered thread!

Jordan, thanks for verifying my claims. I understand how these numbers seem far fetched, but I tell no lies my friends!
Old 12/5/06, 12:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Old 12/5/06, 01:39 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Try to keep the thread on topic guys...its pretty borderline...

I'm curious to see this 500hp HO kit (Superpack)
I assume the limit everyone is talking about is in RWHP

I'm sure Ford has tested this engine inside and out, and from the Roush side of the fence...they, just like FRPP, have to get things cleared through Ford to get the seal of approval for quality/reliability
(with regards to supercharging)

If the tune and power from the HO kit is ok'd... i'd be willing to bet its a good fit.
Now going out and trashing on it day in and day out, will break things,
FI or not.

Quick Reply: Ford Racing BIG BOOST KIT