GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Eibach Pro Kit

Search this Thread

Old 2/14/07, 09:41 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrMojo1953
I bought both kits, the springs, and the camber plates around the same time. When they came in I just dropped my car off at Apex Motorsports out here in the San Francisco Bay Area, Santa Clara, and they did the complete install. Dropped it off in the a.m. and picked it up in the afternoon.

As far as the ride goes, to me it just feels like a tighter version of the factory setup. If I'd only done one mod to her it would be the Pro Kit, and the Steeda plates for alignment purposes.

I've heard a lot of people telling me to upgrade the shocks too. Did you do this as well Mr. Mojo or just the springs and the camber plates?
Old 2/14/07, 10:05 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by fivestring45
I've heard a lot of people telling me to upgrade the shocks too. Did you do this as well Mr. Mojo or just the springs and the camber plates?
I was thinking I should have, but I read on these boards that the factory shocks were a Tokico product and they only had a few thousand miles. When it's time to upgrade I'll do the D-Specs.

If you've got the money to do the whole thing then it's probably the best way to go... everything at the same time.
Old 2/15/07, 09:31 PM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Originally Posted by MrMojo1953
I was thinking I should have, but I read on these boards that the factory shocks were a Tokico product and they only had a few thousand miles. When it's time to upgrade I'll do the D-Specs.

If you've got the money to do the whole thing then it's probably the best way to go... everything at the same time.

take it from me - have a look at bilsteins or better yet, adjustable koni's. i got the dspecs a few months after installing the prokits and while initially they felt like butter compared to the stock shocks, i find them on the bouncy side. i hear that's typical of dspecs and that konis are better.

just my $0.02

to anyone considering springs, PLEASE, do shocks as well. please...