GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Dyno Day

Search this Thread

Old 5/8/10, 10:16 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dyno Day

We hosted a dyno day today at a facility across the street from us who we're friendly with. Its an AWD Dynojet which had been having problems with the program and installation. After some tweaking and the first test car(S2000), we still weren't able to get the computer to do what we needed it to do. So a bit more tweaking and we were finally ready to test another car(Since the S2000 left). So I figured...eh, why not! I've been meaning to dyno it again since my last dyno session seemed a bit high. Before I let you all know the numbers, I just want to give you an idea of the last dyno runs made. AWD Mustang dyno at a local tech school. 282rwhp/277tq all stock except for American Thunders.

Maybe I wasn't so crazy afterall....

The Mustang dyno'd about 330rwhp. Yeah, I said myself. Of course, that number was SAE Corrected. I did get a printout, but its in rough shape and its not the type of printout I personally would have liked since we just wanted to make sure the dyno was working and get it off ASAP, so no time to mess with the graph. I can post it so we can all raise some BS flags, but if its not....****.

Discuss!
Old 5/8/10, 10:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Operator Error.
Old 5/8/10, 10:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Definently too high. What was your NON corrected "at elevation" numbers? I bet those would be a lot closer to what your SAE corrected numbers should be.
Old 5/8/10, 11:34 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Originally Posted by 2kanchoo
Definently too high. What was your NON corrected "at elevation" numbers? I bet those would be a lot closer to what your SAE corrected numbers should be.
Honestly, I didn't even check. Since we were just testing things out due to the fact we were running into issues left and right, the runs were made back to back and the only reason I even have a printout was just to make sure the printouts were going to be working as expected. I'm kicking myself in the butt for not having checked the Uncorrected numbers, but the good thing is I have access to this dyno whenever I want it, so rest assured, it will be dyno'd again, though I can't say when. As it is, i've had my springs sitting in a box since last June and a panhard bar for a few weeks now.
Old 5/9/10, 12:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Antigini-GT/CS
Honestly, I didn't even check. Since we were just testing things out due to the fact we were running into issues left and right, the runs were made back to back and the only reason I even have a printout was just to make sure the printouts were going to be working as expected. I'm kicking myself in the butt for not having checked the Uncorrected numbers, but the good thing is I have access to this dyno whenever I want it, so rest assured, it will be dyno'd again, though I can't say when. As it is, i've had my springs sitting in a box since last June and a panhard bar for a few weeks now.
Oh ok. My local dyno shop has the same problem with his 1 roller dynojet. It reads really high. It's almost like the dyno software is auto correcting for sae then he corrects an already corrected number. Suffice to say the at elevation numbers have been on par with what others are making sae.

IMO the end number really doesn't matter anyway. I just like to see how much I gain from additional mods and to make sure my air/fuel ratio is where it should be.
Old 5/10/10, 04:52 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Originally Posted by 2kanchoo
Oh ok. My local dyno shop has the same problem with his 1 roller dynojet. It reads really high. It's almost like the dyno software is auto correcting for sae then he corrects an already corrected number. Suffice to say the at elevation numbers have been on par with what others are making sae.

IMO the end number really doesn't matter anyway. I just like to see how much I gain from additional mods and to make sure my air/fuel ratio is where it should be.
The good thing is, since I have access to this dyno pretty much whenever I need/want it, I can go back after the roller has been fixed to see if its been recalibrated as well. Someone had the elevation set to 5,700 so we corrected that while we were there as well. Between all the issues here and there, I was just happy to see the **** thing working.

So at the end of the day...do I seriously think 330 is what i've got? No. Do I think I have a strong motor? Yes. Factory freak....eh, I doubt it. Next time, i'll get video and a better printout to post.