GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

DTC PO174-System 2/Lean 2 Fault :-(

Search this Thread

Old 10/15/07, 03:00 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DTC PO174-System 2/Lean 2 Fault :-(

This problem with hesitating and bucking has finally dropped a code on me. History lesson: Installed Bama Chips 87 HP Tune and WMS Airintake system about 6 months ago,Flowmaster 40's since new in 05.Until about a month ago all was working great and performance was outstanding. Lately though at highway speeds around 80MPH @2500RPM the car feels like she is stalling or losing power. It bucks like crazy...Even at slower speeds around 40MPH still the same. Also surges and hesitates at times from a dead stop.Thought it was a bad MAF sensor(Replaced),thought it might be the TSB for the Fuel Filter and Pump(Replaced under Warranty @ Ford) looked at all the connections and plumbing for the WMS(all OK).
Now the problem really gets interesting/ In order to bring her back to the dealer I need to take out the Bama tune and reinstall the stock tune. When this is done you lose the code. Ford will not work on her unless there is a code. She still acts strange with out the tunes but not as severe, but pulls no code. WTF.............. I don't think it has anything to do with the tunes and have emailed Doug to see what he thinks. Suggestions?
Old 10/15/07, 04:58 PM
Banned

Hi George,

I've not gotten to your email yet but I will either later tonight or in the morning. I'll send you a new tune to see if that resolves the issue but it may not as I've done quite a few of these recently and not had any of the issues you describe.

thanks, Doug
Old 10/15/07, 05:10 PM
V6 Member

Hi Doug,
As always Thanks for the quick reply. Let's see what the new tunes do. Although I am with you on this one. I think it is with the coil packs or injectors,or maybe the O2 sensors on the exhaust,but I need it to code to get Ford to look at it. They are a Pain in the ---.
George
Old 10/15/07, 05:13 PM
Authorized Advertiser

Originally Posted by 05CapePony
Now the problem really gets interesting/ In order to bring her back to the dealer I need to take out the Bama tune and reinstall the stock tune. When this is done you lose the code. Ford will not work on her unless there is a code. She still acts strange with out the tunes but not as severe, but pulls no code. WTF.............. I don't think it has anything to do with the tunes and have emailed Doug to see what he thinks. Suggestions?
Just dont understand some Ford dealerships. Not ALL dealerships will turn you away because of the aftermarket tune. I came from a dealership recently that installed tuners for customers (both cars and diesel trucks). As long as the customer was up front about having the tune installed (not trying to hide things from the dealership) they would help out with the car.
Old 10/15/07, 06:38 PM
V6 Member

I don't understand either. I have been totally up front with them on the mods and tunes. Told them that the issue is there no matter if tune installed or not. I don't know of anyone who has not done some mods to there Pony's. Believe me if it still acts up on the stock tune and still no codes they will see me and I will not be a friendly next time.
Lest they forget the Challenger will be out soon.....