GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Do Not Use Ups For Any Shipping!

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/07, 08:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I buy and sell Mustang parts regularly on eBay and I get stuff weekly via UPS from a variety of shippers without any problems. However, I do all my shipping with FedEx using their Ground service. They are 20% to 40% cheaper than UPS and provide better service.

In four years with FedEx, I've had exactly one package problem - the box was mangled. It looked like they'd dropped it and ran it over with the truck. The part in the box was a 1967 Mustang grille - so it was a goner! But the on-line claim service was great and I got paid in 10 days.

FedEx has a great on-line package shipping system and their services include insurance and tracking number with email notification. I can easily drop packages off at the FedEx/Kinkos store about 1 mile from home. I'm very satisfied with their service.

I've found that small stuff is best shipped using the US Postal Service and it is often the only/best alternative for foreign shipping. Another shipper that I have used rarely is Greyhound Bus. They are great for large, cumbersome stuff that FedEx, UPS, etc. won't handle. Of course, you have to send and pick up at the local bus station. I have both received and shipped Mustang fenders successfully using the bus!

Come see me on eBay at britblue67.