Old 4/2/07, 11:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 281GT
Sorry I gotta vent.
NP. We all gotta vent sometimes...

Originally Posted by 281GT
On March 12 ...which to vent.
I've never had any real problems with UPS or FedEx. DHL is a whole 'nother story, though.

Either way, did you try contacting UPS directly about the issue? Contacting the store is fine and proper, but UPS has support systems, too. They can help make sure their own people are behaving accordingly. UPS and FedEx are now almost entirely electronic with their invoicing and forms, so losing an invoice is very rare. Twice, means something's up. If you haven't told your story to UPS, I think you should. Get yer tracking number or invoice number and get on the horn. Who knows, you might get something out of it besides peace of mind. I once had a package delivered to an alternate address by accident, and when I complained to UPS they waived the shipping fee.

Hopefully yer new pipes weren't damaged in all this mess?
Old 4/2/07, 06:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah after 5 phone calls to both UPS and Tillmanspeed it looks like my order is finally on it's way. I will give CR @ Tillman credit. He tires HARD! He faxed the documents to UPS twice before they actually got them. I think that without his help it would have been more difficult than it was.
Now that it's a few days later and the issue appears to be resolved I am alot more calm.
It's like someone else here said in a post when you consider how much shipping UPS does it's reasonable to assume that every once in a while something's going to get screwed up.
Such is life.
Old 4/2/07, 09:13 PM
Former Vendor

Now... let's cross our fingers that the package was transported carefully during this mess! UPS has been screwing us all month long with damaged goods, but 99% were incoming. Our ups guy (drop off) who is a complete tool (as opposed to the pickup guy who is a great guy), actually kicked a box all the way to our door one day rather than making a second 30ft trip back to the truck because he didn't have another hand. This after I already unloaded half of our stuff because it was the polite thing to do, and we do it every day. Inside the box... a Silverstar and Nokya stocking order....

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 4/3/07, 07:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Why not use UPS's online package shipping forms, rather than relying on sketchy faxing? With a fax you're reliant on someone tending to the fax machine or it getting rastered to some office squirrel's email. With the online shipping form, it goes right into the processing system.

Shipping
https://www.ups.com/myups/login?retu...e=-1&appid=UIS

Package Claims
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res...ims/index.html
Old 4/3/07, 07:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Good idea! I was not aware of this. I was using the online tracking which is how I discovered that there was a problem in the first place but this looks like a much better way to handle it.
Thanks
Old 4/4/07, 07:55 PM
Cobra R Member

**** I have some stuff for my car coming by ups. Oh well I will open the packages before I sign for delivery.
Old 4/4/07, 08:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My turn to contribute to the UPS fiasco thread.... I ordered a C&L Street CAI kit from CR (TillmanSpeed) last week. UPS made the pickup on Monday this week; however, apparently the 'normal route' driver is out this week, so a new route driver made the pickup. CR tells me today that the driver redelivered what he picked up on Monday back to Tillman Speed today! So CR had to re-send it out again.. how tough is it to distingish the "To" from the "From"... sure hope the regular route driver returns soon.
Old 4/4/07, 09:16 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DoctorQ
My turn to contribute to the UPS fiasco thread.... I ordered a C&L Street CAI kit from CR (TillmanSpeed) last week. UPS made the pickup on Monday this week; however, apparently the 'normal route' driver is out this week, so a new route driver made the pickup. CR tells me today that the driver redelivered what he picked up on Monday back to Tillman Speed today! So CR had to re-send it out again.. how tough is it to distingish the "To" from the "From"... sure hope the regular route driver returns soon.
Our faithful and reliable UPS driver is on his honeymoon until next week.

So for now we have to deal with the UPS GED program instead. We miss you Ron! Please come back from Honeymoon!

Hope that package gets to you alright, let me know that the tracking shows it's on it's way and shows "on schedule".
Old 4/4/07, 09:22 PM
Cobra R Member

lmao!
sorry that wasn't nice, but thats just funny.
Old 4/4/07, 09:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Well I figured I might as well add more to my UPS fiasco. After loosing the paperwork 3 times they finally got the thing across the border. Despite the fact that I called them and asked them to NOT deliver it to my home and deliver it to my work instead. What do they do? They try my home. Of course I wasn't around. So I had to call them again (that's phone call # 6 total) and made sure again that they had my work address and to please please PLEASE deliver it there. So tomorow I should have my shipment.
We shall see if the shipping Gods are happy tomorow.
Old 4/4/07, 09:50 PM
Cobra R Member

I hope so other wise we might here of you on the news, for taken out UPS, I know I'm close.
Old 4/4/07, 10:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Dusts off the old 12 gauge shot gun....
Old 4/4/07, 10:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
Our faithful and reliable UPS driver is on his honeymoon until next week.

So for now we have to deal with the UPS GED program instead. We miss you Ron! Please come back from Honeymoon!

Hope that package gets to you alright, let me know that the tracking shows it's on it's way and shows "on schedule".
Hi CR... it's 9:40pm PDT, and the UPS tracking site now shows "In Transit - On Time". However, delivery date is 4/11/07 (guess the clock starts over from the second departure date!) Thanks.. let you know if/when it shows up here in NorCal.
Old 4/5/07, 01:40 AM
Former Vendor

Good lord! I'm going to call UPS tomorrow see if they can upgrade it or something since they screwed it up...
Old 4/5/07, 10:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wow. I guess this just goes to show UPS carriers aren't consistent across the country. Our UPS folks here in the DC area are great. FedEx folks too. DHL folks need help with anything outside scratching their ****.
Old 4/5/07, 12:09 PM
Former Vendor

UPS just showed up... end of the tube was ripped open... adapter plate, bolts, and the other extensions I packed in the tube are gone. We now have to file a damage claim... this should be interesting...

CR
Tillman Speed
610-497-3711
Old 4/5/07, 02:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
UPS just showed up... end of the tube was ripped open... adapter plate, bolts, and the other extensions I packed in the tube are gone. We now have to file a damage claim... this should be interesting...

CR
Tillman Speed
610-497-3711
CR: Which delivery are you referring to? Hope it's not mine brought back by UPS driver for the second time
Old 4/5/07, 03:44 PM
Former Vendor

No sir, the driveshaft we sent to 281GT was all screwed up. We just filed a damage claim for him. UPS sucks... end of story. DHL never called back... I guess nearly 1000 packages a month between our locations isn't enough volume for them. So our last option is to ship Fed Ex... you just can't win unless you ship it via horseback.

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 4/5/07, 06:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah it was pretty amazing. The very sturdy cardboard tube that Tillman used to ship the driveshaft had one end almost completely torn off. The end that CR secured was comlpletely intact but somehow they managed to unravel the spiral wrapped carboard tube and broke it wide open. So the adapter flange, bolts and other parts I orderded were missing. And as if that wasn't enough they managed to break off a balance weight that was welded to the driveshaft.
Fortunately CR ar Tillmanspeed has filed a damage claim and is making arrangements to get me another driveshaft.
*sigh
On a seperate delivery they tried to deliver my LT headers I got from Tillman but I wasn't home. I arranged for the UPS idiots to deliver it to my work address monday. I pray to the shipping gods that my headers did not receive the same treatment.

I must add however that CR at Tillman speed has been great about all of this. He has responded very quickly to my concerns and has demonstrated a genuine desire to resolve the issues even though it was ALL the fault of UPS.
I would reccomend CR at Tillman speed to anyone and I will continue to deal with him.
Old 4/5/07, 08:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Why's this thread in in GT Performance and Tech?

Quick Reply: Do Not Use Ups For Any Shipping!