GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Do Not Use Ups For Any Shipping!

Search this Thread

Old 3/29/07, 06:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do Not Use Ups For Any Shipping!

Sorry I gotta vent. On March 12 I ordered from Tillmanspeed a set of American Racing long tube headers with catted x-pipe, Coast aluminum driveshaft and a few other odds and ends.
Don't get me wrong CR with Tillmanspeed has been great but my complaint is with UPS.
First the idiot UPS driver lost the invoice. So I let CR know and he faxed it to them.
Now almost a week later they are asking me for the invoice, which I don't have. So now I gotta scramble to let CR know so he can contact UPS AGAIN and fax them the invoice AGAIN otherwise they will send it back to TillmanSpeed.
I'm really annoyed with this GROSS INCOMPETANCE of UPS.
So if any of you are ordering anything from anyone my advice is to request some other method of shipment besides the boneheads at UPS.
Thank you for allowing me this medium in which to vent.
Old 3/29/07, 06:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 281GT
Sorry I gotta vent. On March 12 I ordered from Tillmanspeed American Racing long tube headers with catted x-pipe, Coast aluminum driveshaft and a few other odds and ends.
Don't get me wrong CR with Tillmanspeed has been great but my complaint is with UPS.
First the idiot UPS driver lost the invoice. So I let CR know and he faxed it to them.
Now almost a week later they are asking me for the invoice, which I don't have. So now I gotta scramble to let CR know so he can contact UPS AGAIN and fax them the invoice AGAIN otherwise they will send it back to TillmanSpeed.
I'm really annoyed with this GROSS INCOMPETANCE of UPS.
So if any of you are ordering anything from anyone my advice is to request some other method of shipment besides the boneheads at UPS.
Thank you for allowing me this medium in which to vent.
Just be lucky you aren't dealing with shipping b/w US and Canada. I sent something to Canada, and it got lost in the mail. United States division of UPS told me to call canada, and vice versa. UPS in Canada had received the package, and then it mysteriously disappeared. The intended receiver of my merchandise called them, and they gave him the run around too. I started calling them everyday, and everyday they said it would be a few more days. Eventually I said enough was enough, and I eventually got a complete refund and got reimbursed for the product.

But, lesson learned: I will NEVER send something out of the country via UPS. United states UPS is a totally different operation than Canada, and the Canada division just plained stunk. I can only assume that their other divisions are the same way.
Old 3/29/07, 06:17 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've never had a problem w/ them. Sounds like a freak accident.
Old 3/29/07, 06:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Actually I am in Canada and I think that's part of the problem. I think it's the reason that the clearing agency won't release the shipment without the invoice. This was not exactly a cheap order. I really hope I don't get screwed because of the morons at UPS.
Old 3/29/07, 06:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
UPS delivered my first CDC cspoiler to the wrong address......they never found it. Then the next time they had the same wrong address for the second one

I called them the day before delivery to make sure they got it right
Old 3/29/07, 06:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 281GT
Actually I am in Canada and I think that's part of the problem. I think it's the reason that the clearing agency won't release the shipment without the invoice. This was not exactly a cheap order. I really hope I don't get screwed because of the morons at UPS.
That explains it...unfortunately.

The problem with me was that the item showed as arriving in canada ready to be released, but it in fact was no where to be found.

Like I said, this was a battle with UPS that went on for a couple of months before getting a refund.
Old 3/29/07, 07:09 PM
Cobra R Member

thats like asking not to get mail through the us postal service. Its almost impossible to demand fed ex etc. from most suppliers these days. You either get fed ex or ups, and to tell you the truth I have had a lot more crappy service from fed ex then I ever have from ups. good luck
Old 3/29/07, 07:27 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by sodaman
thats like asking not to get mail through the us postal service. Its almost impossible to demand fed ex etc. from most suppliers these days. You either get fed ex or ups, and to tell you the truth I have had a lot more crappy service from fed ex then I ever have from ups. good luck
+1 UPS is WAY better than FedEx. I actually had a FedEx guy try to deliver an axle shaft BOX. The end of the box blew out and the shaft was gone. The jerk wanted me to sign for an empty box! US to Canada is a tough one with UPS and FedEx. I only use USPS to ship to Canada, but it has its limitations obviously. You'll get it worked out eventually. Hang in there!
Old 3/29/07, 07:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'll only use UPS or USPS, Fedex and DHL are useless for residential delivery IMO.
Old 3/29/07, 08:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
there's obviously are realy mean sounding UPS truck out there somewhere.
Old 3/29/07, 08:44 PM
Former Vendor

First our UPS driver loses the 3 commercial invoices we handed him at our regular pickup. Now this is a first for our driver of 3 years who is GREAT and I can't complain about him. But regardless it was an inconvenience for the customer. In any event, we filled out the invoice and faxed it to the UPS Philadelphia hub, and all went well and the shipment was released with the invoice copies.

NOW UPS LOST THEM AGAIN?!?! This is ridiculous...

UPS has been getting increasingly worse over the last 6 months. Whether this is our luck, or just in general I don't know?

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 3/29/07, 09:06 PM
Cobra R Member

They messed up my bumper from new take off so my aggressive chin spoiler could go on, so new take off had taken care of what ups had done to it, and my body shop painted it up
Old 3/29/07, 09:12 PM
Cobra R Member

actually i personally have never had issues with them, but all of your concerns are noted. i think DHL does a pretty decent job.
Old 3/29/07, 09:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
First our UPS driver loses the 3 commercial invoices we handed him at our regular pickup. Now this is a first for our driver of 3 years who is GREAT and I can't complain about him. But regardless it was an inconvenience for the customer. In any event, we filled out the invoice and faxed it to the UPS Philadelphia hub, and all went well and the shipment was released with the invoice copies.

NOW UPS LOST THEM AGAIN?!?! This is ridiculous...

UPS has been getting increasingly worse over the last 6 months. Whether this is our luck, or just in general I don't know?

CR
Tillman Speed
I personally have never had a problem with UPS yet!........But FedEx screwed the pooch! on a set of axlebacks I ordered from Ninosports! but Nino got it straightened out that day and had me a new set in 24 hours!........I think **** happens with all of them from time to time!
Old 3/29/07, 09:22 PM
Former Vendor

I love UPS' Worldship, and they're tracking and reliability.

However, I can't stand the pricing increases almost weekly, and the incompetence from everyone BUT the drivers. They're the only one's that know what the hell's going on!

As for Fedex... I got a SOS order in this afternoon (that will be going out tomorrow!!) and one of the boxes was literally belly flopped on by nothing short of a whale. If it wasn't for Alan @ SOS's great packaging job... anything inside the box would have been finito...

News flash freight companies.... just because the box is bigger than a basketball DOESNT MEAN YOU CAN REST A PIANO ON IT!
Old 3/29/07, 09:30 PM
Cobra Member

I love UPS' Worldship, and they're tracking and reliability.

However, I can't stand the pricing increases almost weekly, and the incompetence from everyone BUT the drivers. They're the only one's that know what the hell's going on!

As for Fedex... I got a SOS order in this afternoon (that will be going out tomorrow!!) and one of the boxes was literally belly flopped on by nothing short of a whale. If it wasn't for Alan @ SOS's great packaging job... anything inside the box would have been finito...

News flash freight companies.... just because the box is bigger than a basketball DOESNT MEAN YOU CAN REST A PIANO ON IT!
I couldn't agree more regarding the drivers. They're amazing. My driver actually turned around and came back to my house one day when I passed him on the road about 5 miles from my house! The rate increases and ridiculous fuel surcharges do suck. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten burned with surcharges after I've already invoiced the customer. Why can't they update their freakin software so you see the true cost at the time you do the shipment? Oh well, they're still WAY better than FedEx.
Old 3/29/07, 09:42 PM
Former Vendor

I agree. UPS is on my ****list until they make Worldship 9.0 compatible with Windows Vista. Until then they can [insert expletive].
Old 3/29/07, 10:01 PM
Cobra R Member

I hope my sos switch panel is ok
Old 3/30/07, 12:07 AM
Bullitt Member

god i love ups! i think they are alot better than fedex. i ordered a battery and it took about 2 weeks to get from texas to arizona. but ups has always had great service for me.
Old 3/30/07, 12:50 AM
FR500 Member

Until they make Worldship 9.0 compatible with Windows Vista.
NEVER upgrade anything from microsoft until about a year passes or the first service pack appears

Quick Reply: Do Not Use Ups For Any Shipping!