GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Do Not Use Ups For Any Shipping!

Search this Thread

Old 3/30/07, 01:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
As a FedEx company, I try to not use ups
BUT....
UPS is ok - just supporting my employer..
BUT....
I would not wish a DHL shipment on even my worst enemy... DHL is the wprst...
Old 3/30/07, 01:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea you'll hear a few horror stories online about UPS (and all the others as well!), but you probably *won't* hear of the thousands and thousands of successful deliveries that happen every day. People usually only voice their opinion of companies when they have a bad experience. Just because a few folks had an issue doesn't mean UPS is a bad way to ship things.

I have used UPS, FedEx, and USPS carriers, and the only one I didn't really like much was USPS, because their on-line tracking was so horrible, it wasn't even worth trying to look up. I didn't like FedEx tracking a while ago, but it seems to be good now.

For what it's worth, I have never had trouble with either of those shippers, I order alot of computer parts, camera parts, and smallish car parts (never ordered anything like a body pannel or something large like that). Never used DHL

I have had boxes arrive in bad shape both UPS and FedEx, but the contents are always secure (that's what packaging foam and the box is for, to protect the items! A beat up box means it did it's job!)

my opinion anyway.
Old 3/30/07, 07:50 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SixtySix
NEVER upgrade anything from microsoft until about a year passes or the first service pack appears
We learned our lesson!
Old 3/30/07, 11:28 AM
Bullitt Member

I don't know, I'm at about 20% OK deliveries from UPS. The knuckle draggers here in Canada are atrocious. Whenever possible I try to buy where they ship FedEx or USPS. FedEx for us has been very good on average but it's sad when Canada Post and USPS are better than the "big" shippers.
Old 3/30/07, 11:49 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Error404
yea you'll hear a few horror stories online about UPS (and all the others as well!), but you probably *won't* hear of the thousands and thousands of successful deliveries that happen every day. People usually only voice their opinion of companies when they have a bad experience. Just because a few folks had an issue doesn't mean UPS is a bad way to ship things.

I have used UPS, FedEx, and USPS carriers, and the only one I didn't really like much was USPS, because their on-line tracking was so horrible, it wasn't even worth trying to look up. I didn't like FedEx tracking a while ago, but it seems to be good now.

For what it's worth, I have never had trouble with either of those shippers, I order alot of computer parts, camera parts, and smallish car parts (never ordered anything like a body pannel or something large like that). Never used DHL

I have had boxes arrive in bad shape both UPS and FedEx, but the contents are always secure (that's what packaging foam and the box is for, to protect the items! A beat up box means it did it's job!)

my opinion anyway.
+1 I have shipped and recieved MANY packages via UPS and have never had a bad experience. In a Company that large mistakes are bound to happen occasionally. I say give 'em a break already.
Old 3/30/07, 11:59 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I paid for overnight shipping for some motorcycle parts and they attempted to deliver them to my business versus my house address that was on the label. They showed a failed delivery and after I called them to find out where the parts are I had to drive over an hour to get them. UPS blows a$$ in my opinion and I have had numerous problems with them . The issue above wouldn't have been so bad if the customer service rep wasn't a jerk and didn't see a problem since "technically" I got my parts next day. He didn't understand when I said I paid them to deliver the product to my door next day and they did not provide that service. I avoid them when I can and don't mind paying a little more. Now I have had zero issues with USPS however. They may all suck to some degree.
Old 3/30/07, 02:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
I thought my CAI and Xcal 2 tuner had been stolen off my porch because the UPS tracker listed my package as "delivered at 10 AM" to my house.

The UPS driver, when contacted by the supervisor I called, swore up and down he had delivered the goods, and suggested that it had been stolen.

Amazingly enough, the package "mysteriously appeared" on my porch three days later with a delivery sticker dated THAT DAY, meaning the UPS driver had my package all along and just hadn't gotten around to delivering it when he was supposed to.

In their defense, that was just one hiccup out of many packages delivered.

DHL delivered my Fanblades to my house early - props to them - but LEFT THEM IN THE MIDDLE OF MY DRIVEWAY. I was da**ed lucky that they weren't stolen! Four wheels/tires stacked in the middle of a driveway ALL DAY? WTF were they thinking?
Old 3/30/07, 08:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hmmmm....too bad to hear about UPS problems 'cause they've been fantastic for me. I live in Canada and paid ridiculous shipping charges, extra duty, extra B.S. handling & brokerage fees for the 1st year of buying stuff. This past year I got smart and found a small hub in Lewiston, N.Y. that's just 40 minutes from my house. I cross the border, pick my stuff up from UPS (very, very nice people and sadly, they know me now and don't even ask for ID anymore), pay the taxes at our border (and just taxes, nothing else) and voila...the stuff is home. I'm finding that "Customer will pick up" is much, much better than having it delivered to your home - if you're fortunate enough to live sort of close by one of their depots.
Old 3/30/07, 08:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
UPS ? yuck they have thier own brokerage fees and if you don't pay you don't get ex if I order from Clevenger Ford$ 100.00 USD item they want another like $ 40.00 - $ 60.00 more CAD Valtures I tell yah !
Attached Thumbnails Do Not Use Ups For Any Shipping!-showletter5.jpg  
Old 3/30/07, 10:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

http://www.unitedpackagesmashers.com/

The site UPS does not want people to know about.
Old 3/31/07, 12:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Jon_Purdy

and you think packages don't ever get banged up by other carriers?
Old 3/31/07, 07:11 AM

Has anyone ever actualy had somthing left on the porch and stolen? What are the procedures of getting the item replaced. I have had several items just left on the porch with no signature and have always wondered if God forbid someone got away with somthing how I would get it replaced.????
Old 3/31/07, 11:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CR, since your so close to where I live in PA, can I just pick up my ARH L/T's when the group buy starts? I'd much rather have them in my hands instead of a shipping company. Thanks for the option if this is possible.
Old 4/1/07, 11:17 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Jon_Purdy

The bulk of those packages look like they were poorly packed. Some folks are under the delusion that they're package will be gently handled if they put a sticker on it. You need to be realistic and make sure the package is sturdy and the contents tightly packed/padded. Granted, some were destroyed but **** happens. As mentioned, a handful of horror stories is to be expected when you consider the BILLIONS of packages they handle.
Old 4/1/07, 11:55 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by DavidM
Has anyone ever actualy had somthing left on the porch and stolen? What are the procedures of getting the item replaced. I have had several items just left on the porch with no signature and have always wondered if God forbid someone got away with somthing how I would get it replaced.????
I had a something urinate on a package that was on my porch before and it wasn't either of my dogs.

I believe they are responsible for leaving without a signature.

I had 3 big boxes with dell written on them left on my front steps for hours once and finally the gardener picked them up and took them home for me as I was on vacation. He called to le me know, he had them.
Old 4/1/07, 05:28 PM
GT Member

The driveshaft I ordered from CR came quickly via UPS but the end of the tube was unravelled... thankfully it was a chunk of metal that was being shipped and not something fragile. UPS has also left Dell stuff on my front porch even though I put a small note in the window saying packages are to be left in the breezeway between the backdoor and garage. It's a good thing I am a decent person with a consciene... or I might have told UPS that I never recieved my $3k laptop and they need to replace it.
Old 4/2/07, 02:51 AM

I live in Montreal which is 35 miles from the US border.
I have the packages delivered to a forwarding company on the other side of the border and go pick them up.
The forwarding company only charges $2.00 a package no matter how large.
It ends up costing me $40 - $60 less.
If I try to take care of the brokerage myself to save the money it takes longer than driving the 35 miles each way.
If I happen to end up in the US on an empty tank I end up saving money by filling up over there also.
The other convenient thing is that it's only 12 miles from my local dragstrip which I frequent 2-3 times a week.

If it is a low dollar item $20.00 or less I have it sent USPS.
There are no brokerage fees duties or anything.
Old 4/2/07, 07:32 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by DynamicmustangGT
I had a something urinate on a package that was on my porch before and it wasn't either of my dogs.

I believe they are responsible for leaving without a signature.

I had 3 big boxes with dell written on them left on my front steps for hours once and finally
the gardener picked them up
and took them home for me as I was on vacation. He called to le me know, he had them.
Must be nice
Old 4/2/07, 08:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah even though I've had problems with UPS, DHL is absolutely atrocious. When I lived with my parents a couple years ago, I ordered a laptop from Dell worth about $2500. Expected delivery day, I planned to take off so I could make sure I got it, because I've never shipped with DHL before. Lo and behold, one day I get home, and its 2 days early, YAY! But, its left on my parents' porch, in a big *** yellow box, in broad daylight!

I was heated! Especially since Dell specified for it to be left with a signature. Good thing my parents live in a good neighborhood.
Old 4/2/07, 08:52 AM
GTR Member

O.K. after reading every post,I have come to the conclusion that every company F's up from time to time. Also,when you order stuff,you don't have a choice anyway

Quick Reply: Do Not Use Ups For Any Shipping!