GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Comparison of the GMS and C&L CAI's with detailed info...

Search this Thread

Old 11/5/06, 04:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i find it odd that JR isnt in here to comment. perhaps because he has nothing factual to say?
Old 11/5/06, 04:45 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 94tbird
i find it odd that JR isnt in here to comment. perhaps because he has nothing factual to say?
I just keep waiting for him to come into this mess. That is the ONLY REASON I read this thread anymore.
Old 11/5/06, 06:31 PM

The baseline run is Granatellis baseline run. Go ahead and discount the baseline to modded comparison. The bottom line for me is the final hp number with the GMS CAI and their 2.5" exhaust-283 hp. I am very satisifed with this number given these two mods running 87 octane fuel. It appears to be very comparable to other CAI's like the C&L with a tune. Does the GMS CAI add power? Absolutely. How does it compare to the other CAI's with a tune, hopefully we will all see soon.
Old 11/5/06, 06:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey guys,

I've just got in last night from Sema and really woke up enough to get to the computer tonight. My legs are KILLING ME!! hahaha. That show rules!I'll try to get back to this thread this week some as I have over 150 emails in my inbox I have to get to.

Anyway, I've scanned over a few recent pages and I would like to clear up my actual dynotime for the GMS cars, it will this coming weekend, Nov 11-12th. Someone posted that they thought I was doing it at Sema this past weekend and that isn't correct.

I did go by the GMS booth and although JR was never there when I went by, many many times, I scanned my dealer card to show that I was there in their computer and I took some photo's of their products....

If this thread isn't bad enough to show how GMS is basically coping C&L then look at this photo and tell me what this is???

Does this guy do any prototype research or does he just wait for someone else to make something that works well and then copy it? Man, maybe I need to check the Feugo tunes to see if they are mine??

Ohh, and then their is the new " Gains of 4-10 HORSEPOWER AT THE WHEELS!!" MAF spray, this had me nearly rolling in the floor! I'm sorry my camera didn't take the best photo of this but if it's worth 4-10rwhp then I'll have to dynotest it...

I asked one of the workers there about the GMS intake and they said " It's 90mm through out" this was the aluminum one. I didn't ask about the plastic version..

Thanks, Doug.
Old 11/6/06, 07:34 AM
ski
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by msully
The baseline run is Granatellis baseline run. Go ahead and discount the baseline to modded comparison. The bottom line for me is the final hp number with the GMS CAI and their 2.5" exhaust-283 hp. I am very satisifed with this number given these two mods running 87 octane fuel. It appears to be very comparable to other CAI's like the C&L with a tune. Does the GMS CAI add power? Absolutely. How does it compare to the other CAI's with a tune, hopefully we will all see soon.
As I suspected, Granatelli has no qualms about doctoring up dyno graphs.
The big question is are any of his dyno graphs factual?
Old 11/6/06, 07:55 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Doug904
Hey guys,
I did go by the GMS booth and although JR was never there when I went by, many many times, I scanned my dealer card to show that I was there in their computer and I took some photo's of their products....

If this thread isn't bad enough to show how GMS is basically coping C&L then look at this photo and tell me what this is???
That looks like the C&L racer intake if you are asking for opinions... of course I'm sure though that it came from months in CAD/CAM design and sound engineering principles to design it - there would be no need to copy a product that already is on the market that was designed and tested properly...

Does this guy do any prototype research or does he just wait for someone else to make something that works well and then copy it? Man, maybe I need to check the Feugo tunes to see if they are mine??
Umm, I won't answer that, I think we can wait for his answer to it. This is again why we don't carry or recommend these products, it's got nothing to do with "will they work" it's got everything to do with "who's are they?"

Ohh, and then their is the new " Gains of 4-10 HORSEPOWER AT THE WHEELS!!" MAF spray, this had me nearly rolling in the floor! I'm sorry my camera didn't take the best photo of this but if it's worth 4-10rwhp then I'll have to dynotest it...
I could see a fouled sensor netting an improvement from being cleaned (would report changes faster, would be somewhat more accurate, etc..) but I wouldn't go putting a number to it. Marketed as a cleaner to improve engine efficiency and maybe "helps your engine produce all the horsepower it is capable of" might be better, but I guess that takes up too much space. Depending on what dyno runs you use, you can probably get the numbers to jive with whatever you want to label it as.

I asked one of the workers there about the GMS intake and they said " It's 90mm through out" this was the aluminum one. I didn't ask about the plastic version..

Thanks, Doug.
I'd save the hassle there and just ask C&L what theirs is sized at...
Old 11/6/06, 08:48 AM
ski
Bullitt Member

More Granatelli deceit and BS:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=273
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=280

More Granatelli deceit("Our CIA offers the largest inside diameter inlet I have seen"):
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...5&postcount=59

More Granatelli deceit:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=103
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=157

Granatelli conflicting claims(24 hp/9 ft-lb gained by CAF/MAF/TB or by just the CAI/MAF?):
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=159
Old 11/6/06, 09:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Doug904

Want to take a poke at CRC's claims too....

http://www.crcindustries.com/files/M...heet%20Web.pdf

I know they're (CRC) just another rip off company...
Old 11/6/06, 09:25 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I've been wondering the same. He was on this forum 24/7 for months... even accessing remotely/wireless, now he's been MIA for weeks.
Old 11/6/06, 10:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Looks like GMS ripped off CRC on the bogus MAF cleaner too.. next they'll release a GMS Tornado for 3 mpg increase along with 10 rwhp?!?!

I am at the point that I don't care if GMS products work or not, the way JR runs his business is enough to make me want to go elsewhere.
Old 11/6/06, 11:17 AM
eci
Banned

If someone went out and bought all of GMS's snakeoil and used ricer math to add up the gains, they'd have a 700 RWHP naturally aspirated 4.6 3V. Oh yeah with no tune! Amazing!
Old 11/6/06, 11:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Speaking of Snake Oil, how much is it? Will it get rid of the throttle lag?
Old 11/6/06, 11:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by shatter
Looks like GMS ripped off CRC on the bogus MAF cleaner too..
Bogus............???????????????

Some people don't seem to have a clue or I suspect have never actually worked on cars.
Old 11/6/06, 12:18 PM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by LBJay
Bogus............???????????????

Some people don't seem to have a clue or I suspect have never actually worked on cars.
It says "4 - 10 HP to the wheels". Which IMPLIES that I will get a MINIMUM of 4. My car is brand new. Do you think I will gain 4 RWHP if I clean my clean MAF thermistor? If not, GMS is guilty of false advertising. It should say "0 - 10 HP".

According to JR, you'll gain 50-75 RWHP just using his CAI, Throttle Body, and MAF cleaner. Who needs superchargers when you've got GMS!
Old 11/6/06, 12:29 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,792 Posts
He's more than likely still at the SEMA show... Doug had already mentioned that GMS has a booth...

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 9/17/23 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Revised Text
Old 11/6/06, 12:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

An MAF is a heated wire, usually platinum.

On some of the GM cars, the MAF had a cleaning cycle. It would heat the wire to a higher temp during startup and shutdown to burn off contaminants from the wire. Does anyone know if the Ford MAF does the same?

Does the GMS spray cleaner restore 4 to 10hp if applied to a dirty MAF? Or is GMS claming that spraying any ordinary MAF will add 4-10hp?
Old 11/6/06, 12:41 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,792 Posts
Originally Posted by sodaman
You guys seem to be really harsh here. I really don't understand all the time and effort dedicated to making someone look like a liar. Wether they have made mistakes, misinformation from his engineering people or whatever. Why such the hostility towards the guy. If people like his stuff then let them buy them. But no need to consistently look for defects in his products or specifications or paragraphs seems like a real waste of time. I can't believe that he hasnt posted in quite some time, but yet everyday there is more criticism of the product. Thats just me I guess. It's one thing if you have met the guy and talked to him about the stuff. But why not just wait a week and well get the truth on what it produces both with the jumper harness and his maf and with the stock maf sensor. Then at least people will know what this CAI can do. Sorry just my look on things here.
Well let's put it this way, when one of the most trusted and respected SCT tuners in the industry, as in Doug who has confirmed, not just once, but on several occasions about GMS's misleading and inaccurate claims, it's more than obvious that everything SKI, me and others who have pointed out time and time again concerning the same misleading claims were correct all along and if anyone has made themself look like a liar? GMS did that to himself and therefore has nobody else to blame but himself for that... Just as I said in an earlier post, it's all about trustworthiness and character that matters...

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 9/17/23 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Revised Text
Old 11/6/06, 12:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by neil07gt
Does the GMS spray cleaner restore 4 to 10hp if applied to a dirty MAF? Or is GMS claming that spraying any ordinary MAF will add 4-10hp?
Gee, last time I looked you only clean that which has become dirty......
Old 11/6/06, 01:04 PM
ski
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Well let's put it this way ?? when one of the most trusted and respected SCT tuners in the industry as in Doug ? who has confirmed not just once, but on several occasions about GMS misleading and inaccurate claims ?? it's more than obvious that everything SKI, myself and others who have pointed out all these misleading claims ?? were correct all along and if anyone has made themself look like a liar ?? GMS did that to himself and therefore has nobody else to blame but himself for that.. Just as I said in an earlier post ? it's all about trustworthiness and character that matters..
+1
Old 11/6/06, 01:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

edited by user

Quick Reply: Comparison of the GMS and C&L CAI's with detailed info...