GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Borla or Corsa?

Search this Thread

Old 7/13/06, 09:08 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ok guys, stick to the topic and if you insist on ranting back and forth, feel free to use the PM feature or email each other.
Old 7/13/06, 09:14 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
I'm two weeks in on my 2007 GT order and torn between the Borla Stingers/FRPP(M-5230-5GT) and the Corsa axle-backs. This mod is the most difficult as I want the sound to be perfect and compliment the car. I originally choose the SLP LM, however, don't want to do a swap-out ever year to be in compliance with state inspection laws. Opinions welcomed. Thanks
I've also got an '07 on order and fought this same internal battle with myself I listened to a bunch of sound clips and the Corsas just sound a little too quiet for me. The Borlas sound just right. Some people report drone with the Borlas, but after polling several owners it sounded like the drone, while present, is really not that big of a deal. The Corsas have absolutely no drone at all though, so if drone is any concern to you at all then the Corsas would get the nod.

You might want to hold off on buying them though, I have read one report that the exhaust for the 07's is different and the axlebacks that fit 05's and 06's may not fit 07's. I would be really surprised if this is true, but still it warrants taking a wait-and-see approach for a while. Personally I want to get several thousand miles on my 07 before making any mod's anyway just to make sure there aren't any warranty issues that need addressing. I'd rather get everything fixed while it's still stock so the dealer doesn't have any excuses
Old 7/13/06, 09:18 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by adrenalin
ok guys, stick to the topic and if you insist on ranting back and forth, feel free to use the PM feature or email each other.
No prob!
Old 7/13/06, 09:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Tres
Like reading your contribution post! Keep it up
Old 7/13/06, 09:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

To add to the battle here, go with CORSA!!!

Holy S****, I heard them about 4 weeks ago at a car show and they sounded amazing. Its got that rumble, gurgle, burple everyone is looking for! Roaring loud when the guy revved it.

Only thing I hate about the Bora's is the Ear Hurting Drone. And corsa claims no drone. I would def. go with the Corsa's!
Old 7/13/06, 09:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371
To add to the battle here, go with CORSA!!!

Holy S****, I heard them about 4 weeks ago at a car show and they sounded amazing. Its got that rumble, gurgle, burple everyone is looking for! Roaring loud when the guy revved it.

Only thing I hate about the Bora's is the Ear Hurting Drone. And corsa claims no drone. I would def. go with the Corsa's!
Nice avatar there Maverick ............. and CORSA IS THE WAY TO GO!

For those worried about it being too quiet, if you purchase them and still think so, add an offroad H pipe. Otherwise, quit wondering and just do it.
Old 7/13/06, 02:24 PM
GT Member

I can't really speak to either yet. I have the FRPP stingers (Borla) on order but haven't heard them in person yet. To be real honest, I mostly wanted them b/c they are louder and have Ford Racing scripted on the top of the tips ... very cool.

To be really really honest, I wanted to post something on topic, rather than just butting in to play "daddy" earlier.

BTW - thanks TacoBill, you rock and your car looks great!
Old 7/14/06, 01:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

It took me over a month of going back and forth and I finally settled on my Borla Stiners (part # 11750). The sound at start up is awesome, and going through the gears at WOT is AMAZING!! Just recently at a 4th of July picnic, I took one of my friend's brother's out for a ride in my car, and got on it a good amount. When I got back, he said to me, he could hear my car way up the street about a mile out! Told me the car now has a REAL NICE soundtrack!!
Old 7/17/06, 11:32 PM

I wanted to add to the drone debate, 'cos while I have Magnapacks, they suffered from the drone problem after I installed them. But, I recently removed the Airaid intake and put the stock box back in and I now have almost no drone worth mentioning. There was clearly a symbiotic resonance occurring between the two ends of the car. This may be impacting the Borlas as well as the Stingers are very similar to the Magnapacks.
Old 7/18/06, 05:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

I too have the Airaid system, and the drone has been there well before I got my Airaid installed. It only happens when I'm in 4th (or 5th) gear, and am between 1,700-2,000 RPM'S. When I hit 2,100, it goes away. The Airaid didn't add any more drone at all.
Old 7/18/06, 05:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Corsa hands down ....

Everyone I know on this forum and other Mustang Forums rave about them -
I going with Kooks headers / x-pipe and corsas.
Old 7/18/06, 09:26 PM
GT Member

Installed my FRPPs (Borla) Saturday - what a great way to spend your birthday by the way - and I love them! Nice low rumble. My thoughts on drone - if you don't want to hear the horses run, don't buy louder mufflers. Or turn the radio up. Glad I could help ...
Old 7/20/06, 10:37 PM
Cobra Member

Borlas all the way...they have a deeper tone than the Corsas. I have the FRPP kit and they rock. I don't have a clip of them, but here is a link to XR-1's on my 89. I know not apples to apples, but it's all I've got. (and it sounds sweet!)
http://okmustangs.com/members/barrett/barrett.AVI
Old 7/25/06, 10:27 PM
Bullitt Member

original Borla's

Originally Posted by GTRacerX
Everyone I know on this forum and other Mustang Forums rave about them -
I going with Kooks headers / x-pipe and corsas.
no re-badged stingers.....Borla's are absolutely the BEST...two examples, a co-worker has an 06' vette with Corsas..paid $1500, dealer install, and they sound less then impressive (he even commented how much better my stang' sounds), two, guy who i see on the road driving home everyday, advised i had THE best sounding stang', even over his buddy's roush stage III, drone is minimal, with an SCT tune, this baby screams---luv N it!
Old 7/28/06, 10:00 AM
Bullitt Member

I went with the Corsa's and am glad I listened to other's people's comments about exhaust. I know me, and I know that eventually having to hear a drone everytime I drove a car would end up driving me nuts . But as has been said many times, and now that I can verify, there is no drone with the Corsa's, and I love the way they sound, especially at WOT. Very well made quality product.
Old 7/28/06, 03:13 PM
V6 Member

I just added dynamatt to the trunk floor. No more Borla drone, not that it was that bad to begin with. (previous magnaflo owner)
Old 7/29/06, 09:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

1 for corsa.

I've got the borla's and the drone is tremendous at the 1800-2000 range. A buddy just put on corsa's and the tone isn't quite as nice as the Borla's but no drone and that says a lot. My vote is Corsa's. \

* * * Anybody interested in getting a set of Borla cat backs, pm me. They look great (polished the cans) and still have the boxes they came in. Only have about 500 miles on them anyway. * * *
Attached Thumbnails Borla or Corsa?-borlaex.jpg   Borla or Corsa?-borlaex1.jpg   Borla or Corsa?-borlaex2.jpg  
Old 7/30/06, 12:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just installed Corsa’s on my 06 and couldn’t be happier with the sound. Exhaust sound is like picking audio speakers everyone likes different qualities. I was looking for something just a little louder than stock at idle and part throttle but with a good low rumble quality. The Corsa gives me this without any drone whatsoever but still is plenty loud at wot. I almost went with the Stingers but they are a little too loud for me and I didn’t want the drone at cruise as I do a lot of highway driving.

Earl
Old 7/30/06, 12:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Corsa.
Old 7/30/06, 07:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Ordered Corsa today. After seeing and hearing them in person during the Telegraph Cruise yesterday, I was sold on them. I was looking for a great sounding exhaust that is quiet (i.e. no drone or interior resonance when you don't want it). I think I will be extremely pleased with my decision.

Anyone interested in buying a set of MRT exhaust tips? If so, send me a PM...
Attached Thumbnails Borla or Corsa?-dsc01391-large-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Borla or Corsa?