GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Best place to get C&L? I probably have to cancel this one.

Search this Thread

Old 8/31/06, 03:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cowtown
I worry about the $100 deposit, but the good thing is that I have Visa to back me up in that case. I don't know I'll be talking to him tomorrow and we'll see how this shakes down. I wouldn't mind just outright returning it and not deal with these guys at all.
What is it going to take for you to wise up? You had these forums to read all about the business practice of RPM before you ordered. Pay no restocking fee because they shipped the wrong pipe. Have Visa stop payment, ship it back UPS signature required and have the tracking number for Visa to check themselves. Document everything you do with who you spoke with at Visa as well as RPM and the time and date.
Old 8/31/06, 09:48 PM
Bullitt Member

ACtually I got on this site after I made the order. The searches I'd done on the other 2 sites I was on didn't indicate issues.

As it stood though I couldn't return the whole package, they refused. Visa refused to help as I had a product. I have found out after more digging that the customer service rep at Visa lied to me about their ability to help in that spot.

I wanted the right parts. I'm simply continuing to catalog what's happening as there are still new people popping on and maybe not searching for vendors before hand.

I did do a search, unfortunately back then I actually got recommendations from a couple people to go to RPM, so there you go.

Visa is going to get me that refund for the deposit, unfortunately at the time I had no choice but to do the deposit as they were refusing to do anything further without and Visa told me at the time to sod off.
Old 9/1/06, 05:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Thanks Cowtown for keeping us informed!! It only takes ONE negative experience from a forum member to make most of us (I am sure) leery of doing business with companies like this one.

If you still want to chance a vendor like this, CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!
Old 9/5/06, 03:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Got an E-mail back from the general help desk E-mail at RPM over the weekend. I guess my last E-mail indicating Visa would be calling got them to move a little bit. They said that since I had a dispute outstanding that they have to wait to complete any other refunds for the shipping (uh huh). They also cited that they had the picture in question ready to go when needed. Umm yeah.

Anyways that's all for now, thanks for the support!
Old 9/6/06, 09:39 AM
Cobra Member

Good grief!! I will NOT do business with these clowns based on this thread. The measure of the quality of a company is not how smoothly 95% of their transactions go when everything runs perfect, it's how they respond to the 5% of transactions in which something goes wrong. RPM Outlet gets an F- on this score. Yes you can go out and find a number of people that have add successful transactions with RPM Outlet, but that is meaningless. Seek out the people that had problems with their orders and find out how RPM Outlet addressed those problems. THAT will tell you who you are dealing with.
Old 9/6/06, 11:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

I ordered a short shifter (hurst) from them. After a week of waiting I called them/sent them an email and they responded that my transaction didnt process completely. I told them that I would do it again to make sure it goes through (i didnt get charged for the first one)...

THEN

I went to Steeda and dropped an extra 100.00 on the tri-ax and I will get it this monday. I would have spent 100.00 more if they would have told me it was out of stock or that I could order right there over the phone but the sales girl said nothing but that the order wasnt in their system.

So I took my cash elsewhere.

I bought a camera magazine and looked for the largest add and bought a camera from them at a good price. No problem. I did the same with rpmoutlet.com and needless to say, whether it's import cars or domestic cars, the car scene is becoming a rip off, a scam and a headache. I'm thinking about buying local or from the manufacturer even if it costs a little more.
Old 9/8/06, 12:20 PM
Bullitt Member

I appreciate the support guys but I really didn't take offense to anything he has said. Now if he came out and said "that'll learn yah" then I might have gotten ****ed off but tooting your own horn is a typical Internet trait so I really don't pay it no mind.

I've been on the net for far too long (since 93) and been on more forums than I can count so I'm pretty dull to it at this point I guess. Not sure if that's good or not, heh.

I appreciate manufacturers being on here from Shelby to SHR to Granatelli and while I agree they are often expected to act a certain way I do appreciate when they tell it like it is. Why don't we take the sandbox ****ing match to a different thread or offline to keep this as pure RPM info as we can.
Old 9/18/06, 11:50 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bump

At the request of Cowtown, i've cleaned up this thread and re-opened it.

I would just like to ask everyone to refrain from hijacking this or any other thread please.