GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Best place to get C&L? I probably have to cancel this one.

Search this Thread

Old 7/11/06, 02:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im sorry to hear your having all this trouble. I love my C&L CAI. and C&L's customer support is great too. I was having trouble getting my predator to upload and diablos customer support sucks! So I called C&L, the gentleman I talked with sent me a up to date tune and walked me through the problem I was having with my tuner downloading the custom tune to it. Id most definetly recommend C&L to anyone looking for a CAI. Buy direct and avoid the problems!
Old 7/11/06, 10:51 AM
Bullitt Member

I have no doubt the C&L and diablo combo is great, after reading about it on here and other sites I figured it was a good way to go.

A great reply from RPM will follow...
Old 7/11/06, 10:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Well here we go. Some recognition of their error but a threat and no backing off of their stance that I will have to pay for shipping. In the end their error will likely cost me $100+ minimum if I go that route.

It is very discouraging to have a customer threaten to go to the BBB, FBI, internet forums as a result of not being given the answer they wanted with regards to an issue. However in this case, making threats to "drag our name through the mud" for following our posted polices, terms and conditions, is slander. This now becomes a legal issue as it is against the law to try to extort funds through these means. By publicly slandering RPM Outlet or making any false statements against us, and putting these intentions to do so in writing, provides us with the legal grounds to take any actions necessary to prevent and recover any damages we incur as a result of these actions. This email will be kept on file with our legal department should we need to proceed with this matter. We would suggest, and allow you the time to rethink this approach.

We provided a return authorization number in accordance with our written policy provided with your sales receipt. It clearly states in our terms that "all sales are final". This information has been provided on our website, on our shopping cart and the BBB has had a hard copy of these terms and conditions on file at their office for the last 5 years. We do try to work with our customers as much as possible, however we cannot accept a part back into inventory if it is not defective, as becomes a legal liability and cannot be re-sold.

Due to the verbiage in your previous email, we feel it is safe to assume you do have access to the internet.

Please understand that we are an aftermarket performance retailer and an "All Sales Final" policy is not unique to RPM Outlet. This is an industry wide practice which is necessary to keep retail prices competitive. Parts that have been previously purchased cannot be resold as new and cannot be sent back to the manufacture.

We do sincerely apologize for the fact that you are not satisfied with your products. In an attempt to satisfy this situation we did offer you an In Store credit for the towards a future purchase. This In Store credit will be for full retail value paid at time of sale, for the returned merchandise once it has been received by RPM Outlet, Inc. The In Store credit has no cash value.

My response...

Daniel your organizations reluctance to take responsibility for your errors is
what is at hand here. Slander is only slander if it's untrue or false
statements about your company. Be assured that any and all information
disclosed to anyone will be factual and the exact contents of communications
with your organization, and I have kept every single one of them.

Trying to "bully" me with legal action is a ridiculous and pitiful attempt at
dodging the issue at hand and that is your organization is fleecing me for
monies to return an item that you wrongfully sent to me. We can completely put
away the fact that you guys jerked me around for 3 weeks and look at the fact at
hand. The wrong item was sent, you also didn't include a part of the order. At
minimum you should be firing whomever picks your products for shipment as they
are not doing their job, from what I'm hearing not an unusual situation for your
group.

Perhaps I can lay out what I feel is an adequate solution for us but given that
your organisation seems to like to put up a wall this may this may not work for
you but it won't be said that I didn't try to compromise.

- If I return this item, I do not want to pay for the shipping charges either
way. I don't believe that I should have to pay for shipping to and from RPM for
an item that was sent in error. I think you can agree that this is fair. It's
not that I am not happy with the product, if it were the one I ordered this
would be a moot issue and my only gripe would be the shipping department and
their delays.

- I have no issue paying for shipping on the new item, but again this assumes
that I am not deducted shipping from the old item. I believe this is fair for
both parties. I understand that your organisation would loose some money, but
this is a cost of doing business and is something you'll have to take up with
your employees.

- If you are unwilling to agree to the shipping cost adjustments above, I want
the missing Predator PC Kit shipped to me ASAP at no charge. I will disconnect
any and all dealings with your organisation and simply sell the errant kit
online. It would appear that will be less of a hassle than having to go through
your exchange process.

Understand this. I have dealt with online vendors for years and never have I
received such contentious service, especially in the case of multiple vendor
errors. RPM is unwilling to do anything to fix their errors and this brashness
is simply remarkable, it's a wonder you get away with this on any consistent
basis. Remember, I have done nothing wrong at this point, every issue with this
order is a product of RPM's doing, some flexibility on RPM's part should be
considered mandatory at this point.

Essentially you're bullying me into taking a product that is completely the
wrong item and making me pay for your mistake, and that is just not an option at
this point. I suggest you discuss this with the powers that be in your
organization as this doesn't need to be as big of an issue as it has become.
Old 7/12/06, 03:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cowtown I feel your pain. Hopefully they wont give me the same trouble they are you. I ordered a BMR adjustable panhard bar, brace and LCA relocation brackets. I take the panhard brace out and it has a big dent in it. Its very noticable and the brace is no longer straight has a slight bend and rocks when put on a flat surface. The way they packaged it SUCKS it was sooo loose in the shipping box. They stuffed some thick brown paper around the ends and that was it. The only way I'll ever do buisness with them again is if they resolve this quickly with no hassle and im going to even ask for a discount code for my next purchase for my troubles.
Old 7/12/06, 12:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Best of luck to you Adam!

Here's the update for the day. Daniel in Exchange hasn't replied back, basically I think he's on the take it or leave it path. I decided to go back and talk with the only person I was ever able to talk with live. He originally had called me after my first report of an improperly shipped item.

So I called him up, quickly refreshed his memory and he was again ready to help. This guy is such a contrary to everyone else I've dealt with there it's a night and day difference. Anyways I clarified what my options were through him. Basically the best option is to allow for a $100 deposit on my Visa, they send me the parts (which is the entire kit minus the Diablo) and then when the wrong parts get back they clear the $100.

Fine, as long as I get what I deserve (he was shocked/appauled that they also missed the Diablo PC kit as well). Before I said let's do this I clarified that one all important thing, am I on the hook for any shipping? Re-iterating the $200 I'd be out if I had to do it the way that the exchange department seemed to want me to do it.

Nope, they will ship out the parts at their expense and in the box will be a pre-paid shipping label and I just swap the bits, put the label on the box and let er fly. Great. I don't know why this had to be such an issue but at least one person there was helpful. We'll see how this all goes. He was only there a half day today so he said his supervisor was going to take care of it and he said he'd call me back tomorrow AM to double check to make sure the ball is rolling and things are GTG.

Let's keep the fingers crossed, I'll update as I get more info.
Old 7/13/06, 01:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well I sent them a email wednesday morning around 4am and its now 3:30am thursday and still no word.

I had a similar situation before with tirerack.com, they sent me the wrong sway bar. They sent me one for a 2006 ford focus. So I called them gave him the part number I recieved, we clarified it was wrong and they sent me out the right one with a return shipping label in it. I didnt have to pay again and wait to be refunded. I took it to the local UPS store returned it and that was the end of it.

I guess I could have kept both if I were a dishonest person. But hey they screwed up, not me so they should be the ones shelling out the money for there own mistake, not me!
Old 7/14/06, 11:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Well Ed (the one helpful person I talked to) followed up with me yesterday morning. Confirmed that I wanted to let them do the $100 deposit, I confirmed and he said they'd get it out UPS or if not USPS one way or the other that day. Sure enough early evening I got an E-mail from UPS with the tracking number and the bits are on the way. He also said that he made sure the PC Kit was in there too.

So good news on that front, there are a few people there who "get it", just hope you don't run into a situation where you have to deal with the system as it's not a terribly good one.
Old 7/15/06, 02:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Cowtown, what number did you call? Ive tried calling and I get a busy signal or the answering machine. Its really starting to annoy me. I sent them the email almost a week ago. I dont wanna install the panhard rod till I have the brace or Im just doubling my work.

To say the least Im DEFINETLY not impressed with there customer service and will probably not ever buy from them again. That is unless they do something to make up for their mistake.
Old 7/15/06, 09:53 PM

C&L TruFlow CAI

[quote=Jon_Purdy]I bought the combo directly from C & L and couldn't be happier. The fellow I spoke to took a great of time explaining things to me which I was grateful for 'cuz this is the first car I've had that is worth modding. Buy directly from them and you can't go wrong.

Cheers,
Jon[/quote

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with RPM Outlet, COWTOWN. I will definitely steer clear of those guys! I agree with Jon Purdy - I also bought my C&L (the aluminum one) directly from C&L and couldn't be happier. C&L only sells the Diablo Pedator with their kits, with C&L's own custom tune. I had no problems whatsoever with my install, or with the tune. Car ran beautifully from the first turn of the key - and what a diffference!! My car feels like I must have put a bigger engine in it! I have an auto trans, and the Diablo tuner with C&L tune works perfectly. I spoke with the fellow at C&L several times on the phone before making my final decision, and he was always very helpful and informative, and seemed very knowlegeable. This was a big factor in my final decision. Based on C&L's pre-sale customer service, I imagine thier post-sale customer service would be exemplary - although I had no need to find out.
Old 7/16/06, 12:07 AM
Cobra R Member

I actually think the racer intake tube looks better than the metal version. But too each his own. I like the S&B one and that one, which are both plastic versions. I have not made up my mind yet tho. It will be a little while before I do any performance mods. Doing mostly cosmetic to begin with. Good luck with getting the right stuff.
Old 7/16/06, 04:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Try Mopac in Edmonton they sell all kinds of goodies.http://www.mopacautosupply.com/

Or talk to my buddy Graham at JB's in Edmonton 780-406-7030
http://www.jbspowercentre.com/ JB's is pretty agressive in their pricing if you talk to Graham.
Old 7/16/06, 06:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Here ya go!

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=50332
Old 7/18/06, 08:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

DO NOT BUY FROM RPM0UTLET.COM I've been trying for a week to get ahold of them several email, no reply. Lots of phone calls I get a machine or a busy signal no call back. I finally get ahold of someone today and tell them about the damaged part and they tell me I will have to file a claim with UPS that its not there responsibility. I say well the package looked fine but you guys didnt pack it well but it doesnt show any damage to the box. She avoids my reasoning and says again I have to file a claim with UPS. Im already pissed its been a week so now im fuming, I ask to talk to a supervisor, "he wont be in till after 1" For all I know it was damaged before UPS even picked it up. It shouldnt be my responsibilty. A GOOD company would take it back and theyd deal with UPS if they really believe they bent the brace.

So once again DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.
Old 8/23/06, 03:40 PM
Bullitt Member

I posted this in another RPM thread but I figured I'd carry on what I was posting here.

--Snip--

On the RPM tip I have posted about my CAI debacle here and there. As it stands I am still out shipping and my $100 deposit despite the fact they received the parts over a week ago. Apparently the parts department is saying I didn't send back a hose and a worm drive clamp. The kit comes with 2 (one for each end oddly enough) but they were the ones that didn't send a new hose and clamp kit with the replacement tube and MAF I received. I told the guy I was dealing with about it when I received the kit and how I had to go out and buy a new hose and clamp as I wasn't going to wait another 2-3 weeks just for a piece of hose. So now they want to charge me $15 out of all of the shipping and deposit because I only sent back one hose and one clamp and I told them to go take a flying ****.

Anyone familiar with this will now note that I ordered this gear on the 28th or so of May and I am still out nearly $200 cdn because of the service at RPM. I am within a handful of days of being 3 months in and still not having that ordeal finished.

So I'll just keep saying use RPM AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Old 8/23/06, 04:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

they seem to really be going down hill. I made a few purchases from them (my C&L/Predator and Jet TBS) at the beginning of 05 with no problems.
Old 8/23/06, 09:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Agreed. I ordered my C&L + Predator from them mid-'05, no problems. Also ordered their billet lower control arms late '05, again no problems.

Every company has issues. Not saying you didn't have a bad experience, obviously you did. But perhaps yours was not typical of most?
Old 8/23/06, 09:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

There is MORE then enough forum members who have had problems with RPM outlet. I myself had a problem with them that they never resolved. BMR resolved the issue.

So I say stay clear of them They are not worth the risk.
Old 8/24/06, 11:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Called today as it's been 2 days since my last E-mail with no reply. Ed's not in I'm told, the other guy looks at my account and says, yeah he needs to talk to you I think, I'll make sure he calls you when he's in tomorrow.

Getting annoying as that $200 I'm out currently is a good half of what I need for the CDC front spoiler, shipping and paint I'm wanting to buy.
Old 8/31/06, 12:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Another few days goes by, nothing. I keep following up. Yesterday I'm told that the supervisor will be sending out the photo in 15 to an hour. The next day rolls along (today) and by 11am (1pm their time) I still have nothing.

I call, he's not in. Fine, call back later, not in.

I end up calling 3 times today, always getting different people and the run around. Half way through the day my cell phone all of a sudden won't dial just their number (they've call blocked my cell #). My E-mail from the morning which basically said I am fed up and upset at over 3 months of being jerked around for $10 and this needs to be settled today.

I finally send an E-mail yesterday.

"Still no reply in any fashion. You know what? I don't bloody care any more.
This ridiculous situation is at it's end.

Tell your supervisor or whomever to just deduct the cost of one hose and clamp
from my order and refund me the balance. I don't want to waste my time fighting
over this with your organisation any more. 3 months of wasted time, energy,
long distance charges, stress, all for what? I know I'm right, I haven't done a
single thing wrong the entire way but it's like pushing a brick wall.

So gather everyone around, let them know you guys won the war against me and
customer service, it was a hell of a battle but I succeed to your organisations
might.

To re-iterate, I give up. Remove the cost of the hose and clamp and refund me
the balance. It's completely asinine that I should have to but it's pretty
apparent that RPM has no interest in taking care of me as a customer
and I have better things to do with my life."

And still no reply. Visa is being called (again, this time they can't rebuff me, I am out $$). I also have the US and Canadian consumer protection pages lined up to file a complaint and the BBB for that county.

So to bring this story to a summarization.

RPM Outlet shipped me the wrong parts, then charged me to replace them under the premise that I would be refunded. Once the parts were returned they made a claim that a part was missing in the returned items and wanted to charge me $ for the missing parts despite it being yet another mess up on their part.

After rebuking that claim and wanting evidence they said they had a digital picture of the package. After 2 weeks the picture hasn't been produced and my calls and E-mails are no longer being replied to. And more over they have blocked my phone # despite the fact that I haven't been abusive or even cursed at anyone (still can't figure that one out).

So all in all they owe me $171US (about $200Cdn) and they are basically holding it hostage for no good reason.

So if you think about RPM outlet, take this whole string of posts in mind before you deal with them.

And yes I know there are people who have had problem free orders with them (there would have to be for them to be in business for a few years). But just consider if you want to have to go through stuff like I have had to if you are one of the unlucky ones like I am.
Old 8/31/06, 12:13 PM
Bullitt Member

I called Visa way back when this first started and they said they couldn't help because I have product, even if it was the wrong stuff (at that time). I have since found stuff on Visa Canada's website that states otherwise so that guy was either uninformed or just blowing me off. I'm actually on the phone with them right now to see about getting my money back. I know I can get at least that $100 back. The shipping I may be screwed on but maybe Visa contacting them will wake them up. Still no calls, emails or anything from them. No credit on my Visa and my cell is still blocked.

----- cont.

Just got off the phone with Visa. They're putting the dispute in for $116cdn which is the deposit cost for returning the parts. It's about all they can dispute so I have to figure out how to go after RPM for that shipping refund.

Used a different E-mail address this time and sent this to Edward there.

"Edward, I have noted that my cell phone is currently blocked by RPM and my latest E-mails are going unanswered.

I have contacted Visa and entered a dispute over the $100US deposit for parts returned and they are looking into the matter. As such this leaves us with the $71 or so in shipping that is owed to me by RPM. I would like this refunded as soon as possible. As RPM appears to be unwilling to provide proof of the alleged missing part I am to assume there is nothing coming. As per my last E-mail however I am done messing around with this situation and at this point it doesn’t matter if RPM removes the cost of that hose and clamp from the shipping cost.

Please let me know what the adjusted amount is and when this credit will be processed."

Still no reply obviously. I think I may call in from a different non call blocked # in about an hour and if they ask who I am I'll just say something else and see if I get through. I'm sure they hear my name and dump me to some empty voicemail.

Quick Reply: Best place to get C&L? I probably have to cancel this one.