GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Best lowering springs for 05 Vert?

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/10, 04:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
Sam must have bought a boat load of those Steeda Sport springs. He has been recommending them to everyone. I wonder what he didn't like about the Vogtland?

Sam never said anything negative about the Vogtland springs. He just pointed out that the front springs that fit my Vert have a 40 lb. higher spring rate than the stockers. For what I was trying to achieve he thought I woundn't like that.
Old 3/30/10, 11:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
Sam must have bought a boat load of those Steeda Sport springs. He has been recommending them to everyone. I wonder what he didn't like about the Vogtland?

There is nothing wrong with Vogtland springs, they are a workable option. And not all Steeda Sports are the same (there are two versions, one I use, one I don't). Did I buy a boatload of them? No, in fact I generally never have more than about 8 sets in stock--but I do go through a lot because I like a number of things about them. The quality, the rates, the true linear winding of the particular set I use, and the fact that the winding allows them to lighter too.

There are a number of good spring options out there, and a lot of crappy ones too. I've found a solution I feel works very well for what the majority of folks are after. What's wrong with that?
Old 4/2/10, 09:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sam strano
There is nothing wrong with Vogtland springs, they are a workable option. And not all Steeda Sports are the same (there are two versions, one I use, one I don't). Did I buy a boatload of them? No, in fact I generally never have more than about 8 sets in stock--but I do go through a lot because I like a number of things about them. The quality, the rates, the true linear winding of the particular set I use, and the fact that the winding allows them to lighter too.

There are a number of good spring options out there, and a lot of crappy ones too. I've found a solution I feel works very well for what the majority of folks are after. What's wrong with that?
Please talk more about the two types of Steeda sports. I think I remember seeing a couple different part numbers for them but figured they made a revision or something.
Old 4/21/10, 09:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well I finally got my Steeda Sport springs, Koni shocks/struts and GT500 strut mounts installed last week and it make a hugh difference in the way the car handles. All for the good. And I think I found a squeak I have had since day one that was in the rear of the car. The rear stock springs had rub marks on the top few coils where they have been rubbing on the body. The smaller diameter Steeda springs can't do that. Even the dealer could never find that squeak.
Anyway I am getting ready to install a new BMR panhard this weekend to center up the body again and I want to know if I can remove that big hunk of metal that is bolted to my rear differential without causing any issues. The threads are long gone that talked about them. As I remember some cars have them some don't. And I think I remember that Ford put them on to dampen something. Anybody remember if it hurts to remove it?
Thanks Scott

Last edited by 70MACH1OWNER; 4/21/10 at 11:13 AM.