GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Bassani Axle-Back intsalled....but alignment issue

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/05, 04:42 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed the Bassani Axle-backs this morning, install was simple. I am loving the sound and it looks great on this car. The only trouble I am having is the right muffler isn't aligning the way it is supposed to. For those of you who have installed new exhaust systems for the '05, you know that the brackets holding up the mufflers have a rubber mounting, which doesnt allow pretty much any room to adjust. I don't know if these you can tell in these pictures, but the right side hangs down lower then the left. The left side lined up perfect but the right side didn't. How can I adjust the right side so it tucks up more into the car and have it lined up like the left side? The metal hook appers to be a little long so that might be why it hangs so low, maybe it is defective and I should try to get a new one? Or should I try to bend it a little? Don't get me wrong, I am loving the Bassanis! I am just **** when it comes to my car, everything has to be perfect.
Old 6/8/05, 05:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 2005 Black GT@June 8, 2005, 5:45 PM
Installed the Bassani Axle-backs this morning, install was simple. I am loving the sound and it looks great on this car. The only trouble I am having is the right muffler isn't aligning the way it is supposed to. For those of you who have installed new exhaust systems for the '05, you know that the brackets holding up the mufflers have a rubber mounting, which doesnt allow pretty much any room to adjust. I don't know if these you can tell in these pictures, but the right side hangs down lower then the left. The left side lined up perfect but the right side didn't. How can I adjust the right side so it tucks up more into the car and have it lined up like the left side? The metal hook appers to be a little long so that might be why it hangs so low, maybe it is defective and I should try to get a new one? Or should I try to bend it a little? Don't get me wrong, I am loving the Bassanis! I am just **** when it comes to my car, everything has to be perfect.
Lossen the clamp up near the H-pipe. It will give you more movement than you think, but it will take two people to get it right. I was able to get mine perfect. I HATE uneven tailpipes.
Old 6/8/05, 09:16 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the tip. By the way, is your exhaust lined up in the middle of the cutout of the bumper? Or is it towards one side?
Old 6/8/05, 11:33 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

You may have to bend the hangers a bit. Needed to do some minor physical adjustments on my Borla before it was centered. Maybe when they weld the hangers, sometimes they aren't perfect.
Old 6/9/05, 05:55 PM
V6 Member

Bend the hanger a little - evaluate - bend a little more - perfert!
Old 6/11/05, 01:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by 2005 Black GT@June 8, 2005, 3:45 PM
Does your exhaust have a drone at 1500 rpm when you are cruising at say, 45mph? Or similar, I was just wondering because I am getting that.

Thanks