GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Aeroforcetech Gauges came today. WHAT a product

Search this Thread

Old 11/15/07, 06:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Has anybody added the MAP sensor kit for boost ? Is it just plug and play ? Also , how long after you ordered did they ship ? I ordered two days ago and received an e-mail that day telling me it had been received and I would receive tracking information after it was shipped and I still haven't gotten that ...
Old 11/15/07, 06:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by 05YellowGT
Has anybody added the MAP sensor kit for boost ? Is it just plug and play ? Also , how long after you ordered did they ship ? I ordered two days ago and received an e-mail that day telling me it had been received and I would receive tracking information after it was shipped and I still haven't gotten that ...
Haven't tried the MAP sensor, I have dedicated boost gauge and fuel pressure gauge. If I remember right, I ordered mine on a Monday and got them on Wednesday or Thursday.
Old 11/19/07, 12:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I should be getting my SOS pillar w/single pod this Wed., and my AeroForce Scan gauge is on order. I'm getting the chrome bezel, silver face with red "warning LEDs" and black/blue display. I have aluminum gauge faces, so that's why I'm going with the silver face. Also, I'll be attaching my Raptor Shift light w/Blue LEDs, so I figure the red "warning LEDs" would be best for true warnings. I'm getting my SOS pillar w/single pod used from member 408ant, who's replaced his with a dual pod SOS pillar.

BTW, do I need to get a new oil pressure sensor, or can the gauge display accurate oil pressure just plugged into the OBDII port?
Old 11/19/07, 12:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SoFL05GT
I should be getting my SOS pillar w/single pod this Wed., and my AeroForce Scan gauge is on order. I'm getting the chrome bezel, silver face with red "warning LEDs" and black/blue display. I have aluminum gauge faces, so that's why I'm going with the silver face. Also, I'll be attaching my Raptor Shift light w/Blue LEDs, so I figure the red "warning LEDs" would be best for true warnings. I'm getting my SOS pillar w/single pod used from member 408ant, who's replaced his with a dual pod SOS pillar.

BTW, do I need to get a new oil pressure sensor, or can the gauge display accurate oil pressure just plugged into the OBDII port?

They definitely do not give accurate oil pressure. I believe you need to buy a sending unit of some sort and hook that up to the analog inputs in the back of the gauge.
Old 11/19/07, 01:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Scott is right, Aeroforce offers the add-on sending unit.
Old 11/19/07, 05:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
They definitely do not give accurate oil pressure. I believe you need to buy a sending unit of some sort and hook that up to the analog inputs in the back of the gauge.
Originally Posted by tom281
Scott is right, Aeroforce offers the add-on sending unit.
Thanks Tom and Scott! Guess I'll order a new sending unit for oil pressure.
Old 11/26/07, 05:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Guy's I got my gauges and installed them and they're not functioning properly. They boot up and display the logo and then a message stating my annunciator function is set and then they display the headers for two sensors , but no data for them. Then the LED's flash and the gauge shuts down for a while and then they boot up again and repeat the process. I was wondering if any of you guy's experienced this. I tried calling AeroForce on Friday , but they must be closed for the Holiday , so I'll try again today. Thanks ...
Old 11/26/07, 06:06 AM
Team Mustang Source

Guy's I got my gauges and installed them and they're not functioning properly. They boot up and display the logo and then a message stating my annunciator function is set and then they display the headers for two sensors , but no data for them. Then the LED's flash and the gauge shuts down for a while and then they boot up again and repeat the process. I was wondering if any of you guy's experienced this. I tried calling AeroForce on Friday , but they must be closed for the Holiday , so I'll try again today. Thanks ...
My Single gauge should be arriving any day. I hope it works fine. Please let us know what the problem is, when you find out.
Old 11/26/07, 06:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Steve,
Mine did the same thing one morning but never did that again. I am going to assume you are running the car. Right? What I did was reach down and unplugged the gauges from the OBD port and plugged it back in and they re-booted and I never had anymore problem with them.
Scott
Old 11/26/07, 06:40 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Thanks Scott , yes I've tried it with the car running and with just the ignition on and I get the same results. I did the plug several times to make sure it was on correctly. This has happened since I first plugged them in , maybe I didn't do something right in the setup. Anyway , I'm going to call them shortly ...
Old 11/27/07, 05:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well , I talked to Todd yesterday and he's going to send me out another set of gauges. He said they had made some recent changes to the gauges , didn't say what that was , but that might be the problem ...

Steve , I'll be interested to see if you have the same problem when your single gauge arrives. It might be something limited to the two gauge setup ...
Old 11/27/07, 12:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Steve , I'll be interested to see if you have the same problem when your single gauge arrives. It might be something limited to the two gauge setup ...
I'm not sure the problem affected the Single gauges, but maybe so. I know the problem DID cause Todd to hold a shipment shipment of the gauges to Lethal Performance, which included my Single gauge, because of this issue. Todd told Jared at Lethal that AeroForce has uploaded all the new software onto all of the gauges and they are boxed and shipping today.
Old 11/27/07, 12:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Don't worry guys, they'll get them figured out and you'll love them.
Old 11/27/07, 06:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by tom281
Don't worry guys, they'll get them figured out and you'll love them.
Thanks Tom! It's actually better for me that the reprogramming was done before delivery. I just have to be patient. I was hoping to get my SOS single pod, AeroForce gauge and Raptor Shift light installed before the Mustang Challenge (dragraces) at Moroso this Sat.
Old 12/16/07, 09:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone have a pic of the SOS single gauge pod mount? For some reason, I'm not able to view the attached thumbnail pics. And how well does the shift light feature work? Is it actually useable?
Old 12/17/07, 12:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

I installed my Single gauge this past weekend and it doesn't work. I sent an email to Todd, but haven't gotten a response.
Old 1/15/08, 10:26 AM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by SoFL05GT
I installed my Single gauge this past weekend and it doesn't work. I sent an email to Todd, but haven't gotten a response.
Steve - did you ever get this worked out???

I am considering one of these gauges and this thread makes me nervous....
Old 1/15/08, 10:49 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Different Steve , but I ordered my gauges directly from them and my replacement they sent work fine. I think they have all the problems worked out. I even got mine to work for boost ...
Old 1/15/08, 12:18 PM
Big Falken Tires

Different Steve , but I ordered my gauges directly from them and my replacement they sent work fine. I think they have all the problems worked out. I even got mine to work for boost ...
!!!

Good deal - I am in the process if figuring out what I want to do with getting rid of my stock Saleen short sweep boost gauge and was considering doing the Interceptor to cover that (and everything else that it covers).

How hard was the MAP kit to install? How do you like the boost readout??
Old 1/15/08, 01:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

The MAP kit was easy to install , except the directions are wrong as to which wire is Analog 1 and which is Analog 2. It has them reversed and at first I was monitoring Analog 1 instead of Analog 2 which the white wire actually went to and I thought it wasn't working. My Magnacharger has two nipples on the manifold and only uses the one , so I ran my vacuum line off the second one , but I assume you already have that covered. I hooked into the 5 Volt reference wire on the TPS harness for the 5 Volt line. It seems to read accurately , I have the 3.1" pulley which is supposed to produce around 8 psi boost and that's what the gauge reads and of course it shows vacuum as a negative psi at part throttle. However since the 2 Analog inputs can be used for different types of sensors , they don't say what the units are , like it would if you had a factory boost sensor ...

Quick Reply: Aeroforcetech Gauges came today. WHAT a product