GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Aeroforcetech Gauges came today. WHAT a product

Search this Thread

Old 10/3/07, 08:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a couple pictures of mine installed. Love these gauges...

Attachment 33896

with them turned on.

Attachment 33897

And one with holes in my dash....wondering if my head too...

Attachment 33898
Attached Images    
Old 10/4/07, 05:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by FordRacing
Here's a couple pictures of mine installed. Love these gauges...

Attachment 33896

with them turned on.

Attachment 33897

And one with holes in my dash....wondering if my head too...

Attachment 33898

Looking good! I have a Saleen pod too, but wasn't completely sold on it and figured I could buy the replacement center-vent piece probably alot cheaper than the entire dash top if I didn't like it. Looks like yours turned out just fine.
Old 10/4/07, 05:51 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Tom, you car looks awesome. Especially the engine compartment!
Old 10/4/07, 08:12 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think both your cars look great! Thanks for the pics!

Mine should be here tomorrow! Weekend project!

Originally Posted by tom281
Looking good! I have a Saleen pod too, but wasn't completely sold on it and figured I could buy the replacement center-vent piece probably alot cheaper than the entire dash top if I didn't like it. Looks like yours turned out just fine.
Old 10/4/07, 09:30 AM

Tom that is a sweet setup man! Did you install the center gauges in the dash yourself? If so, how difficult was it? I'm not exactly Mr. Handyman, as much as I hate to admit it
Old 10/4/07, 10:42 AM

Yeah, that's a good question. I saw a thread were a guy put some gauges in his center dash like that. But, he had to take apart his whole interior almost, including removing his passenger side airbag!

Too much for me!

Oh man, look what I just found! Doh! Right after I ordered my Interceptor!

http://www.plxdevices.com/NewsLetter...nouncement.htm

Originally Posted by UCFstang
Tom that is a sweet setup man! Did you install the center gauges in the dash yourself? If so, how difficult was it? I'm not exactly Mr. Handyman, as much as I hate to admit it
Old 10/4/07, 11:19 AM
Bullitt Member

I saw that too. It is not available yet. Look under the products tab. It also looks like there is a control box you have to find a place for under the dash and it is probably more expensive. That said, it is cool.
Old 10/4/07, 11:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by UCFstang
Originally Posted by Falchion
Yeah, that's a good question. I saw a thread were a guy put some gauges in his center dash like that. But, he had to take apart his whole interior almost, including removing his passenger side airbag!

Too much for me!
Actually it's easier than you think, and the pix that Don_W show in the other thread are probably more than you need to do to get the center piece out. All you need tool-wise is a 7mm socket, 8mm socket, 2" hole saw, drill, and a rachet and/or nut driver for the sockets. And you don't have to remove the entire airbag assembly; I did unbolt mine to move it out of the way slightly (2 8mm bolts) but didn't even have to unplug it.

In total, about 3 hours of time....... if you want me to go into greater detail, I can do so.
Old 10/4/07, 12:53 PM

Yeah, I saw that under the products tab. I think that's for the other gauges though, but I'm not sure.

Tom, that sounds a little easier then the other thread, but still sounds like a lot of work.

What would happen if I just drilled one hole for one gauge in the center panel without removing anything. Would I hit something?

Originally Posted by Tispco
I saw that too. It is not available yet. Look under the products tab. It also looks like there is a control box you have to find a place for under the dash and it is probably more expensive. That said, it is cool.
Old 10/4/07, 02:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah, I saw that under the products tab. I think that's for the other gauges though, but I'm not sure.

Tom, that sounds a little easier then the other thread, but still sounds like a lot of work.

What would happen if I just drilled one hole for one gauge in the center panel without removing anything. Would I hit something?

Check out the other thread going on, for more details.
Old 10/4/07, 08:05 PM

OK, thanks Tom!

By the way, I got my SOS single gauge pod today! Looks good, and the Interceptor gauge is supposed to come tomorrow......

I should be good to go!

Check out the other thread going on, for more details.
Old 10/4/07, 08:11 PM
Bullitt Member

My AeroForce gauge and SOS pillar pod were both on my doorstep when I got home. Very cool gauge!! With the SOS pillar pod, it was a VERY easy installation. It only took about 10 - 15 minutes to install the entire setup.
Attached Thumbnails Aeroforcetech Gauges came today.  WHAT a product-interceptor-019.jpg  
Old 10/5/07, 05:37 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
That single gauge setup looks good ...
Old 10/5/07, 10:12 AM

Wow, that looks great!

Thanks for the pic, mine should look just like that since we have the same interior color and I choose the same Intercepter gauge.

Mine scan gauge is out for delivery according to the UPS website!

My AeroForce gauge and SOS pillar pod were both on my doorstep when I got home. Very cool gauge!! With the SOS pillar pod, it was a VERY easy installation. It only took about 10 - 15 minutes to install the entire setup.
Old 10/5/07, 01:51 PM
Cobra R Member

What's involved w/installation? I checked their website and found very little info on wiring etc.
Old 10/5/07, 02:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by WaltM
What's involved w/installation? I checked their website and found very little info on wiring etc.
You just plug it into your dianogstic port on the driver's side of the dash, and mount the gauge however you wish.
Old 10/5/07, 02:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Seems too easy. I guess it wouldn't work w/air-fuel in that configuration. And what's with that separate box thingy ?
Old 10/5/07, 02:58 PM

What box are you referring to?

Originally Posted by WaltM
Seems too easy. I guess it wouldn't work w/air-fuel in that configuration. And what's with that separate box thingy ?
Old 10/5/07, 03:09 PM
Cobra R Member

What box are you referring to?
They're selling a sensor module. They claim that you need to daisy-chain the setup and it appears to be one per gauge .

I take it that it's not necessary?
Old 10/5/07, 05:40 PM
Bullitt Member

You just plug it into your dianogstic port on the driver's side of the dash, and mount the gauge however you wish.
+1, that is it. It is very simple to install. I also used a Speed of Sound single Pillar Pod to mount the gauge in and it is equally easy to install. This is a link to the instructions and video on the Pod install.

http://www.speedofsoundllc.com/instructions.html

If this gauge would have been a lot of work to install, I would NOT have bought it. That was a big consideration. It literally took me 10 minutes to do the entire installation.

Here's a brief overview of the install.

1. If you have a convertible, remove the two T-25 Torx screws attaching the visor and remove the visor. Starting at the top of the A-pillar, pull it away and work your way down the A-pillar and finally slide the bottom of the A-pillar out.

2. Feed the OBD-II plug end of the wires into the gap between the dash and the windshield where the A-pillar was. It will end up in the foot well.

3. Feed the wire through the SOS A-pillar and pod.

4. Line up the SOS A-pillar pod and snap the assembly in place. The SOS A-pillar pod assembly is a complete replacement for the factory A-pillar cover you removed in Step 1.

5. Wrap some electrical tape around the AeroForce gauge so it will fit tight in the SOS pod. Plug the harness into the gauge and gently press the gauge into the SOS Pod. Reinstall your visor if you have a convertible.

6. Plug the other end of the Aeroforce harness into your OBD-II port in the drivers foot well. Hide the excess cable up under the dash.

7. Turn your 'Stang on and start having fun with your new gauge.

Quick Reply: Aeroforcetech Gauges came today. WHAT a product