GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Aeroforcetech Gauges came today. WHAT a product

Search this Thread

Old 10/5/07, 08:09 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, no, that's the other system that I put the link in above. It's not clear if that one has it's own gauge or not.

Well, I got my scan gauge in my car. Real piece of cake to install. I just dropped the port down from the top of the dash after the A pillar trim piece was removed and let it drop down. Connected it to the card OBD port and put the scan gauge in the SOS pod and snapped it back in. A real easy mod!

Here's some extra pics.

Here's a link to the Aeroforce manual page. I don't think the instruction sheet really tells you enough! I used the top one.

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/Usermanual.html

Originally Posted by WaltM
They're selling a sensor module. They claim that you need to daisy-chain the setup and it appears to be one per gauge .

I take it that it's not necessary?
Attached Thumbnails Aeroforcetech Gauges came today.  WHAT a product-scan-gauge-1.jpg   Aeroforcetech Gauges came today.  WHAT a product-scan-gauge-4.jpg   Aeroforcetech Gauges came today.  WHAT a product-scan-gauge-6.jpg   Aeroforcetech Gauges came today.  WHAT a product-scan-gauge-7.jpg  
Old 10/10/07, 04:24 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATTN: People who bought this gauge

Just a quick question, to anyone who bought this gauge. Is it possible to get the logo off the gauge? Is it a sticker or painted on? I would like to keep the face black to keep the theme of my car the same. Any insight would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Irish
Old 10/10/07, 05:22 AM

No, I think you're going to be stuck with the logo. Also, I'm having issues seeing mine during the day! Errr!

I still think it's pretty cool though! I like the instant MPG, and % throttle settings. That's what I'm using right now......

Originally Posted by Irish1028
Just a quick question, to anyone who bought this gauge. Is it possible to get the logo off the gauge? Is it a sticker or painted on? I would like to keep the face black to keep the theme of my car the same. Any insight would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Irish
Old 10/10/07, 07:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I am late at getting in on this but I have an SOS dual pillar pod and a dual kit of the Aeroforce gauges on the way. I hope they make it here by the weekend.
Scott
Old 10/10/07, 08:20 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I wonder if someone could make a guage holder that would go along the top of the windshield where it meets the headliner. I never use my sunvisors, it would be pretty cool to have guages there. And it shouldnt give any visibility issues.
Old 10/10/07, 10:42 AM

Yeah, I was thinking of something similar. Maybe above the rear view mirror?

Still that visiability issue bothers me.......

Originally Posted by StangMahn
I wonder if someone could make a guage holder that would go along the top of the windshield where it meets the headliner. I never use my sunvisors, it would be pretty cool to have guages there. And it shouldnt give any visibility issues.
Old 10/10/07, 11:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Irish1028

Cheers!
Irish
The logo is painted on. Aeroforce assembles the gauges to order depending on your bezel finish, background color, and screen color choices. So maybe the gauge is easy to take apart (I have not tried). If the gauge is easy to disassemble, the face could be removed and painted black.

Originally Posted by Falchion
Yeah, I was thinking of something similar. Maybe above the rear view mirror?

Still that visiability issue bothers me.......
I was worried about this too, but my SOS single pod is positioned in such a way on the pillar, it does not block my visibility at all. I am pretty tall and sit with the seatback NOT reclined, so maybe that is the difference? With the top down, my display can be hard to read. I have to invert the display and set the dimmer to the maximum of 3.
Old 10/10/07, 01:04 PM

I meant visiability due to the sunlight washing it out during the day. Maybe I'll invert it back........

Originally Posted by Tispco
The logo is painted on. Aeroforce assembles the gauges to order depending on your bezel finish, background color, and screen color choices. So maybe the gauge is easy to take apart (I have not tried). If the gauge is easy to disassemble, the face could be removed and painted black.

I was worried about this too, but my SOS single pod is positioned in such a way on the pillar, it does not block my visibility at all. I am pretty tall and sit with the seatback NOT reclined, so maybe that is the difference? With the top down, my display can be hard to read. I have to invert the display and set the dimmer to the maximum of 3.
Old 10/10/07, 02:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Falchion
I meant visiability due to the sunlight washing it out during the day. Maybe I'll invert it back........
Oops.
Old 10/10/07, 07:01 PM

lol

Well, I was talking about as well in this thread or some where else........

Anybody else have issues with daytime visibility? As far as it getting washed out?

Originally Posted by Tispco
Oops.
Old 10/12/07, 04:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received an email that my gauges shipped and should be delivered today.
Old 10/12/07, 05:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Good deal, Bamahead........
Old 10/12/07, 05:41 PM

Falchion, which led/background color combo did you get? I'm trying to figure out which combination would be least likely to wash out in the sunlight. Thanks.
I agree with changing that logo. I'm looking for just the right retro-touch to replace it with!

Sleeper2
Old 10/12/07, 05:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Received an email that my gauges shipped and should be delivered today.

Okay... I am officially p!ssed. The big brown truck never showed up tonight even though the tracking says it is on the truck being delivered today.
Scott
Old 10/12/07, 07:09 PM

I got the black face, chrome trim ring with blue. See pics above and on the previous page. I was thinking maybe the regular LCD would show up best in the sun?

Originally Posted by sleeper2
Falchion, which led/background color combo did you get? I'm trying to figure out which combination would be least likely to wash out in the sunlight. Thanks.
I agree with changing that logo. I'm looking for just the right retro-touch to replace it with!

Sleeper2
Old 10/12/07, 07:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Okay... I am officially p!ssed. The big brown truck never showed up tonight even though the tracking says it is on the truck being delivered today.
Scott

Dang that stinks, pops......
Old 10/13/07, 06:17 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Scott
Sorry, the truck made it to my house insted I got mine!
Old 10/13/07, 06:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Dougxox
Sorry, the truck made it to my house insted I got mine!

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... I'm happy for you. Take some pictures of your install.
Old 10/13/07, 06:54 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Right now I 've just velcroed one to to dash and the other inside where the tack is and tucked the wires in where I could, still deciding on which gauge pod to get, the SOS A piller or the center dash one.
I would really like to find one like my Brothers Cobalt has, kinda like the SOS but more molded in the A piller not looking like its attached to.
Attached Thumbnails Aeroforcetech Gauges came today.  WHAT a product-welts-016.jpg  
Old 10/13/07, 07:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Dougxox
Right now I 've just velcroed one to to dash and the other inside where the tack is and tucked the wires in where I could, still deciding on which gauge pod to get, the SOS A piller or the center dash one.
I would really like to find one like my Brothers Cobalt has, kinda like the SOS but more molded in the A piller not looking like its attached to.

Hey Doug,
I got an SOS dual pillar pod sitting in my garage that your gauges would look just great in. I can give them a home while you are figuring out how to mount yours. Even looks like you got the same setup I ordered. Dual gauges,black face, blue lights with chrome bezels.
Scott

Quick Reply: Aeroforcetech Gauges came today. WHAT a product