GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

500 hp 4.6 3V blower kit - FRPP? repost?

Search this Thread

Old 1/4/07, 01:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to be honest, my '07 is the first car i have owned with less then 72000 miles on it.

i have never had a warranty before, and i just dont care. there is a rattle in my dash, havent taken it in yet. i just dont trust ford techs. i hopefully will never take my car in for more than an oil change, and in that same mantra. the second i crack a valve cover in mine. i am figuring my warranty is gone. just going to operate that way, i wont try to make big power till i have the money to do it right, and not blow the motor, or to at least be able to replace the motor thats there. install wise, i do it all myself
Old 1/6/07, 04:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 128 Likes on 101 Posts
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, anything you do to modify the car can potentially void the warranty. Legally, Ford cannot void the warranty just because aftermarket parts were installed (as long as the parts meet or exceed OE specs if applicable). Otherwise they could cry "VOID!!!" if you put in a different brand of air filter. However, if they can reasonably prove that your mod caused the problem, then you can kiss that warranty good bye. If you put in a blower, it can't void the warranty just because you put a blower in. You blow up your engine, however, and it won't be too hard for them to prove your blower did it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I've come to understand it.
Old 1/6/07, 04:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
The Magnusson Moss act covers the air filter/oil filter stuff. However, aftermarket modifications like a blower will technically void your powertrain warranty and your normal warranty (undue stress on engine and drivetrain that was not originally accounted for by Ford engineering). The same goes for aftermarket PCM calibrations.. If it isn't a certified Ford calibration, the warranty can be voided (you could program a 10,000 RPM revlimiter, make it run ultra-lean or ultra-rich, 8000 RPM shift points, etc...)
Old 1/6/07, 05:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 128 Likes on 101 Posts
"

US Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312
Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) . For best results, consider working with performance-oriented dealerships with a proven history of working with customers. If your vehicle manufacturer fails to honor emission/warranty claims, contact EPA at (202) 260-2080 or www.epa.gov. If federal warranty protection is denied, contact the FTC at (202) 326-3128 or www.ftc.gov. For additional information, check out the following links: 1. Consumers Bill of Rights
2. What You Can Do If Your Warranty Is Denied
3. Federal Warranty Laws
4. Vehicle Manufacturer Warranty Contact Phone Numbers

"
(http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/magnusonmoss.htm)

The language seems all inclusive
Old 1/6/07, 10:44 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cavero
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, anything you do to modify the car can potentially void the warranty. Legally, Ford cannot void the warranty just because aftermarket parts were installed (as long as the parts meet or exceed OE specs if applicable). Otherwise they could cry "VOID!!!" if you put in a different brand of air filter. However, if they can reasonably prove that your mod caused the problem, then you can kiss that warranty good bye. If you put in a blower, it can't void the warranty just because you put a blower in. You blow up your engine, however, and it won't be too hard for them to prove your blower did it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I've come to understand it.
I agree that Ford cannot simply void the warranty because you installed a blower. I am talking about AFTER you blow your motor... I'm thinking a little further down the line... you wouldn't get 5 minutes into your legal argument about why your blower was not the cause of that hole in the side of your engine block, before the judge would ask you to sit down. The burden of proof is on YOU. You must prove that the blower did not contribute to the failed piston/rod/gears/etc. Ford will bring their engineers and you will get flushed like a little brown one. No way Ford would ever allow a plaintiff's blower case to prevail- it would leave them wide open for warranty abuse by anyone. We have rights onder the Mag Act, but they are severely limited.