GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

4" driveshafts: any clearance issues?

Search this Thread

Old 9/12/06, 11:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4" driveshafts: any clearance issues?

I was given a heads up that the 4" driveshafts may touch the floor with the vehicle fully loaded.
Can anybody confirm or deny this?
Old 9/12/06, 04:56 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Redfire 05Gt
I was given a heads up that the 4" driveshafts may touch the floor with the vehicle fully loaded.
Can anybody confirm or deny this?
Sorry i do not have and answer to your question, I was looking through your MODS List and had a question. I see you have the MRT Hood Brackets but it appears as though your using a differant shock with them. Can you please give me any info on this setup. Are the Redline Shocks the correct size and are they the Stainless looking ones? Do you have a link to some place to get these?

Can you also tell me what these are SPC 81260 Cam Bolts

Thanks,
Richard
Old 9/12/06, 08:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 06GT4RAD
Sorry i do not have and answer to your question, I was looking through your MODS List and had a question. I see you have the MRT Hood Brackets but it appears as though your using a differant shock with them. Can you please give me any info on this setup. Are the Redline Shocks the correct size and are they the Stainless looking ones? Do you have a link to some place to get these?

Can you also tell me what these are SPC 81260 Cam Bolts

Thanks,
Richard
I bought the Redline hood strut kit (non-stainless) from http://www.redlinetuning.com and the MRT hood strut kit from http://www.mrt-direct.com. I used the MRT brackets on my fiberglass hood instead of Redline's riveted brackets as riveting brackets to fiberglass isn't recommended (but some have done it). I was originally going to put the entire MRT kit on but when I saw that the Redline's longer struts took less pressure to collapse than the MRT struts, plus the Redline's have a cushion at the last 1" or so of extension and the positioning on the hood is nearly identical (within 3/8") for each kit and the ball-and-sockets are the same size, I decided to mix-n-match. My body shop then color matched the struts and brackets in Redfire clearcoat. A fellow member in my mustang club is looking at using the remains of my 2 kits on his stock aluminum hood (Redline hood brackets + MRT Struts & fender brackets). He liked the less obtrusive MRT struts but didn't like their hood brackets so both of us are happy.

81260's are 14mm camber adjustment bolts from SPC (Eibach also sells them). They are slimmer than the strut-to-spindle mounting bolts and the eccentric on them allows camber to be adjusted via the upper strut/spindle mount by +/- 1.75 degrees. They only allow 85 ft-lbs torque as opposed to the factory spec of 140 ft-lbs (?) for the OEM bolts so there is a chance of a severe bump knocking the alignment out &/or maybe snapping the bolt but mine have been fine for nearly 20,000 miles. Any decent auto parts store should have them in stock. See http://www.spcperformance.com/PerfPa...art_EZCam.html for more info.
Old 9/12/06, 08:16 PM

I replied to your PM, but I'll repeat it here in case others are wondering.

Last week driving to/from the track, I had my car loaded with stuff... tires/wheels, two toolboxes, floor jack, helmets, battery jumpstarter, ice chest, etc. Plus my wife. So, the weight in the car was at least as much as 3 or 4 people. I had zero issues with my Powerhouse shaft hitting anything. It's been awesome... no problems or vibrations whatsoever.
Old 9/13/06, 08:39 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Redfire 05Gt
I bought the Redline hood strut kit (non-stainless) from http://www.redlinetuning.com and the MRT hood strut kit from http://www.mrt-direct.com. I used the MRT brackets on my fiberglass hood instead of Redline's riveted brackets as riveting brackets to fiberglass isn't recommended (but some have done it). I was originally going to put the entire MRT kit on but when I saw that the Redline's longer struts took less pressure to collapse than the MRT struts, plus the Redline's have a cushion at the last 1" or so of extension and the positioning on the hood is nearly identical (within 3/8") for each kit and the ball-and-sockets are the same size, I decided to mix-n-match. My body shop then color matched the struts and brackets in Redfire clearcoat. A fellow member in my mustang club is looking at using the remains of my 2 kits on his stock aluminum hood (Redline hood brackets + MRT Struts & fender brackets). He liked the less obtrusive MRT struts but didn't like their hood brackets so both of us are happy.

81260's are 14mm camber adjustment bolts from SPC (Eibach also sells them). They are slimmer than the strut-to-spindle mounting bolts and the eccentric on them allows camber to be adjusted via the upper strut/spindle mount by +/- 1.75 degrees. They only allow 85 ft-lbs torque as opposed to the factory spec of 140 ft-lbs (?) for the OEM bolts so there is a chance of a severe bump knocking the alignment out &/or maybe snapping the bolt but mine have been fine for nearly 20,000 miles. Any decent auto parts store should have them in stock. See http://www.spcperformance.com/PerfPa...art_EZCam.html for more info.

Thanks for the reply. Would you happen to have pictures of your setup I would be interested in seeing it. I have the MRT already but am curious to see how yours looks.

Richard
Old 9/13/06, 07:27 PM
GT Member

I recommend the PH DS !!! (see sig)
Old 9/13/06, 09:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 06GT4RAD
Thanks for the reply. Would you happen to have pictures of your setup I would be interested in seeing it. I have the MRT already but am curious to see how yours looks.
Richard
I posted them here: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...162#post740162