GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

The 2005+ Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old 4/8/08, 03:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by teamoldmill
Silly for asking, I have an 08 GT convert due next week, having Roush SC and off road exhaust put on, I have yet to hear anything about Roush exhaust, anyone know how it is?
Same as the stingers as far as I know.
Old 4/14/08, 08:31 AM
GT Member

I think I posted one of my set-up a while back, but it was a bad quality video.

ARH Long-tubes with catted H.
MAC axle-backs.

This one's a little better on the dyno. You can hear how deep it sounds.
Old 4/16/08, 07:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

MAC sound clips

I installed a set of MAC axle-backs today and am very pleased with the results so far. I used my home studio gear to record and export to MP3 for decent quality clips to share (maudio usb interface + mxl mic + macbook pro). I forgot to mention it was very windy so it's a bit noisy but I wasn't going to wait for the weather.

Here's the clips if anyone's interested:
2006 Mustang GT stock exhaust
2006 Mustang GT MAC exhaust

Last edited by withinavoid; 4/17/08 at 09:51 AM.
Old 4/19/08, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by SlamMan02
BBK LTs, BBK Catted X, Pypes MidMuffler
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...haustPart1.flv

**Update: After driving around through the 'break in period', the exhaust has gotten A LOT deeper, and the hint of Trumpeting/Drone is almost completely gone. In addition, the system is definitely louder then in the video...but that kind of goes unsaid when comparing video sound quality to real life**

After hearing your Sound clip,I have absolutely fell in love with your exhaust setup. But now im curious to see how a BBK LT,Catted X,and Mac catback setup would sound. How hard is it to get the pass. side aligned correctly with the PMM system? Im not trying to have too much of a headache with this setup. Also,would a BBK LT,Catted X,and Mac catback setup be quieter than that same setup with the PMM system? Im not looking to go too loud,but I still want it to be somewhat loud,and aggressive. That sound clip sounded perfect to me,but with it broken in now,exactly how "loud" is it driving it around daily?

Last edited by Wisslin5.0; 4/20/08 at 10:06 AM.
Old 4/20/08, 06:52 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Here's a few of mine with OBX LT's ,O/R H & GTA's.
Little raspy in the higher RPMs, but I like the in-cabin sound.
My cameraman was recovering from a bad hangover in the vids other than the dyno run;
http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...rstdynorun.flv
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPCZKdSj9NA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV4Rl-Nu1z4
Old 4/21/08, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by GOarmy08
I think I posted one of my set-up a while back, but it was a bad quality video.

ARH Long-tubes with catted H.
MAC axle-backs.

This one's a little better on the dyno. You can hear how deep it sounds.

is there any way you can get some other videos of the exhaust,like driving around?
Old 4/23/08, 07:37 AM

Corsas

Just put the Corsa sport axle-backs on - the sound is perfect. They definately make me want to be at around 2500 rpms a lot more but it's oh so worth it. The tips look as good as the sound.

Tune and intake comming soon.
Old 5/4/08, 06:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Hooker Aerochamber axlebacks with otherwise stock exhaust.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/H...-St_160029.htm
Old 5/4/08, 11:32 PM
Bullitt Member

I've been listening to exhaust sound clips for some time now and there is just no comparison to hearing the real thing so i can't make a decision off that. Mic's usually cut out the real deep sounds so you can't make a good determination. I'm looking for a cat-back muffler set up that will add a classic muscle car sound to my car.

The stock mufflers are fine, but they simply arn't loud enough to hear when the windows are rolled up during easy driving. I've driven a car with the FRPP borla stingers, and the Borla's seem to add just a constant deep tone, it doesn't rumble or "purr" like an old muscle car would. I don't race, and i don't do alot of "agressive" driving, i just like the sound of the purring V8 at regular road speed during normal accelleration, something like you would get out of a big engine truck with a good exhaust system. The JBA mufflers might be the way to go from what i hear, they seem to provide more of a purring rumble but i have not heard them in person.

What i'm looking for:
- Purr or Rumble, not sure what to call it. Old muscle car sound, at low RPM's, just street cruising speed.
- No or minimal drone at highway cruising speed.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 5/5/08, 10:05 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Airwolf
What i'm looking for:
- Purr or Rumble, not sure what to call it. Old muscle car sound, at low RPM's, just street cruising speed.

Any ideas? Thanks.
That sounds like Flowmasters. But your Bullitt has the tuned exhaust. Do you really want to change that?

Last edited by WaltM; 5/5/08 at 10:06 AM.
Old 5/5/08, 04:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Wisslin5.0
is there any way you can get some other videos of the exhaust,like driving around?
Sorry bro, i don't have any of those right now. I do however have a few of it running at the drag strip, but the SQ is even worse.

Looks like you're getting your S197 the same way I did... Overseas military sales is awesome! Take advantage! Stay safe, bro.
Old 5/5/08, 07:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah i know the tuned exhaust, it doesn't really sound that great and with the windows rolled up driving you can't get any good sound out of it. Which is for me one of the reasons i dropped my V6 for an 8, the sound. It still has the special h-pipe so it will have good sound, sort of a mixture between whatever i put on it and the bullitt h-pipe.
Old 5/17/08, 07:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Airwolf
I've been listening to exhaust sound clips for some time now and there is just no comparison to hearing the real thing so i can't make a decision off that. Mic's usually cut out the real deep sounds so you can't make a good determination. I'm looking for a cat-back muffler set up that will add a classic muscle car sound to my car.

The stock mufflers are fine, but they simply arn't loud enough to hear when the windows are rolled up during easy driving. I've driven a car with the FRPP borla stingers, and the Borla's seem to add just a constant deep tone, it doesn't rumble or "purr" like an old muscle car would. I don't race, and i don't do alot of "agressive" driving, i just like the sound of the purring V8 at regular road speed during normal accelleration, something like you would get out of a big engine truck with a good exhaust system. The JBA mufflers might be the way to go from what i hear, they seem to provide more of a purring rumble but i have not heard them in person.

What i'm looking for:

Any ideas? Thanks.
+1

I also want to install a pypes or/h, and change my axel back but I do not want it insane loud and no drone or cracking. Any ideas. I like the stingers but they maybe to loud. What is quieter than the stingers but still agressive and would go well with the or/h?
Old 5/17/08, 11:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Here's my new SLP LMs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivrU92VGtE

Love them!!!
Old 5/17/08, 12:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Sounds aggressive but that cracking is nuts.
Old 5/17/08, 01:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by StangRalle
Here's my new SLP LMs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivrU92VGtE

Love them!!!
No offense intended but I think you just took 3 steps backwards. But this is coming from an old man that grew up with the 60's and 70's muscle cars. Nothing back than did the snap,crackle,pop thing. Listen for yourself. http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...oundwewant.flv

But we are all different and if you are happy with the final result than that is all that is required.
Scott
Old 5/17/08, 02:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by bored out
Sounds aggressive but that cracking is nuts.
It only does it when the motor is cold at around 3000 rpms.

Otherwise smooth and brutal at the same time.
Old 5/17/08, 02:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
No offense intended but I think you just took 3 steps backwards. But this is coming from an old man that grew up with the 60's and 70's muscle cars. Nothing back than did the snap,crackle,pop thing. Listen for yourself. http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...oundwewant.flv

But we are all different and if you are happy with the final result than that is all that is required.
Scott
I just love them.
Old 5/23/08, 06:50 AM
V6 Member

I just installed the M5230-GTA's. Here is my review
These weigh less than the originals. 4 inch tips are very nice. No drone at all on my automatic. I took a reading of the sound before and after using my sound meter. Before inside/outside 67/80 db after 72/85 so there a little louder but no where near the stingers I used to have. I am pretty happy with them
Old 5/24/08, 06:41 PM
Bullitt Member

FRRP 5230-5GT questions

For those who have installed (or heard in person) the FRRP 5230-5GT's - how do you like them after having them on? Any noticeable drone? I am considering installing them on my 07 with auto.

Quick Reply: The 2005+ Exhaust Thread