GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

The 2005+ Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old 7/10/06, 09:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No one have corsa with a H Mac Prochamber.
And another one with a corsa, prochamber, LTH ?

thanks.
Old 7/29/06, 09:05 PM
GT Member

Off road pro chamber stock mufflers.
http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...MVI_3053-1.flv
Old 8/3/06, 07:50 PM
GT Member

Does anyone know of an exhaust that is somewhere in loudness between Stock and Flowmaster for 06 GT? I bought and installed the Flowmasters and now I have a CAI. For me it's just too loud now with CAI and Flowmasters. I don't want to attract attention when I'm out flooring it. So tonight I took off the Flowmasters after 500 miles on them and I am thinking of selling them. I need something that's only a little louder than stock but not as loud or louder than Flowmaster. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 8/5/06, 12:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just put Magnaflows back on mine to tone it down some. They are not loud.
Old 8/5/06, 07:35 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by don_w
I just put Magnaflows back on mine to tone it down some. They are not loud.
Thanks, I've heard of those but didn't know how loud they are. I can't get a good idea of the tones and volumes from sound clips. Do you think they are less loud than Flowmasters?
Old 8/5/06, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by blaster
Thanks, I've heard of those but didn't know how loud they are. I can't get a good idea of the tones and volumes from sound clips. Do you think they are less loud than Flowmasters?
I haven't heard Flowmasters in person, but I'm about 99% sure that the Magnaflows would be quieter. They are definitely the quietest I've tried (besides stock). The rest of my exhaust is so loud now that I decided I needed to be more "discrete on the street". Hell, I might even throw the stock mufflers back on just to see what they sound like.
Old 8/5/06, 10:54 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by don_w
I haven't heard Flowmasters in person, but I'm about 99% sure that the Magnaflows would be quieter. They are definitely the quietest I've tried (besides stock). The rest of my exhaust is so loud now that I decided I needed to be more "discrete on the street". Hell, I might even throw the stock mufflers back on just to see what they sound like.
Dang...that's one awesome car you have there...just reading about it! I think it will be a little hard for your car to be discrete! Just touch the gas pedal and all hell breaks loose!<g>
Old 8/5/06, 10:58 PM

Dang...that's one awesome car you have there...just reading about it! I think it will be a little hard for your car to be discrete! Just touch the gas pedal and all hell breaks loose!<g>
Thanks. And yes, it can be quite the beast if I let it. That's why I'm trying to tone it down a bit. No need for any "unwanted" attention.
Old 8/7/06, 04:20 PM
Bullitt Member

any clips of this bassani set?

http://www.ninosport.com/index.asp?P...ROD&ProdID=631
Old 8/8/06, 10:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Budders
Don't think so, at least as far as I've seen. I've ordered those, and hopefully will have them on by this weekend. I'll post a clip then.
Old 8/9/06, 07:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I trying to clamp on a Flowmaster Exhaust to my 2007 Mustang GT. No matter how tight I clamp the exhaust down (using the ring clamps provided in the flowmaster kit) the exhaust just won't tighten. The clamp is getting really tight but it's not compressing the pipes together. Does anyone know if there is a difference in the piping of the 2007 Mustang exhaust. ....Going to try a set of saddle clmaps........Doesn't make sense to me........Any help would be appreciated. they fit spot on and tips center well.......Are the ring clamps in the kit just cheap????
Old 8/9/06, 11:52 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm running the Magnaflow catback system and my son has Flowmasters on his Bullitt. The Magnaflows are much quieter. You'll still hear them inside because of the cheesy soundproofing.
Old 8/10/06, 04:42 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by RKNMACH
I'm running the Magnaflow catback system and my son has Flowmasters on his Bullitt. The Magnaflows are much quieter. You'll still hear them inside because of the cheesy soundproofing.
Thanks for that info. So they are more quiet than Flowmaster but what about drone? Any of that at specific rpms or when accelarating from low rpm?
Old 8/10/06, 08:34 PM
GT Member

Black Sunshine-

Your clamps problem is not unique- I just went through it myself. Take your cheesy FLowmaster clamps to the autoparts store and ask them to give you 2 old-style muffler clamps (the ones with a U-bolt and two nuts). These will do the job, Flowmaster did a lousy job when they expanded the inlet pipes- the opening is way too large! Good Luck. Throw those Flowmaster clamps in the garbage- they will end up on the freeway later, if you don't.

Blaster- The only time my Flows drone is when I am in 5th gear below 50 mph and I get on it. I drive 350 miles to work every week, and the Flows are pretty quiet on the highway. If you want a quieter muffler, stick with the stock ones- many people out there are racing with the stock mufflers, because Ford did a great job with them. IMO, the stock muffler still sounds better than anything else out there...The only reason why I haven't put my Stock mufflers back on is because it would just kill me to see a wasted $300 sitting in the corner of my garage! Good luck.
Old 8/13/06, 11:12 AM
GT Member

O/R prochamber SLP loudmouths

Ok I just had to try it despite everyone's warnings and yes it's very loud when you get on it or first start it up.

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...uthsnocats.flv
Old 8/13/06, 07:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Bassani race axle-backs, stock headers and midpipe...

In cabin

Flyby

Start up, idle, rev
Old 8/16/06, 11:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for that info. So they are more quiet than Flowmaster but what about drone? Any of that at specific rpms or when accelerating from low rpm?
Some drone in 5th under a load. Not too bad in the lower gears but again, a little drone is noticed under load at the lower rpms - 13-1500. They seem to have mellowed a little overall (or I may be getting used to them) but they have a nice sound esp when cranked and the CAI and the tune kick in. Nice solid sound when you jab the throttle a bit in traffic, putting the slugs around you on notice that there is more under the hood than advertised.
Old 8/16/06, 07:54 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by RKNMACH
Some drone in 5th under a load. Not too bad in the lower gears but again, a little drone is noticed under load at the lower rpms - 13-1500. They seem to have mellowed a little overall (or I may be getting used to them) but they have a nice sound esp when cranked and the CAI and the tune kick in. Nice solid sound when you jab the throttle a bit in traffic, putting the slugs around you on notice that there is more under the hood than advertised.
Thanks for the information. The Magnaflows sound like the mufflers I'd like to use.
Old 8/17/06, 07:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the information. The Magnaflows sound like the mufflers I'd like to use.
They're solid sounding w/o being too "bratty" - like the old days when we used to put gas in glasspacks and burn them out to get a sound almost like straight pipes.
Old 8/18/06, 08:19 PM
GT Member

Well this is starting to get amusing to me now. I'm trying to figure something out and have posted in the Warranty forum about my experience today at a Ford dealer with TSB 06-9-9 and how I drive home and notice this bad vibration after the work was done. And I notice my Flowmaster on the right side seems to be sticking out towards the rear about an inch or more than the other tip.
I found the problem was the right side pipe going into the H was over an inch away from where it should be. I loosened it and pushed to where it should be. I could even see the old mark line where it used to be. At first I thought this was related and it might be what was causing the vibration sound around 30 mph but now I see I think I'm missing a counter weight where Ford also rotated and balanced my tires. So maybe it's the tire that's causing the vibration at 30 mph...taking it back in tomorrow to get to the bottom of this.

But the funny part is now that I have the one pipe in the correct position at the H, the exhaust does not seem near as loud as it was. I've never touched the H pipe connection so it's possible it's been working loose and getting louder and louder (including the drone) the whole time! Now I'm thinking the Flowmasters aren't bad at all.

Quick Reply: The 2005+ Exhaust Thread