GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

The 2005+ Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old 1/12/06, 09:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Whitestang06@January 12, 2006, 5:03 PM
It seems they were playing a little joke and started it before they put the new exhaust on
Now you have an idea what Loudmouths sound like! yeehaw!!
Old 1/17/06, 08:56 AM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey i did some digging and found a clip of the steeda axel-back from a member here.

i'm hosting it for him - the URL is http://rondosa.ca/images/Cars/Mustang/05GT_Steeda.wmv

Although the video clip appears to come from the inside, the person who sent it to me said that it was shot with a video camera inside the car, and a remote mic attached to the rear bumper, outside the car.

Thanks to Roger for the clip!

Cheers,
Kristina
Old 1/18/06, 08:13 PM

So what do you guys consider to be the deepest throatiest but not SLP loud mouths. This car is my daily driver so I dont want it to be TOO loud. I live in California and some cops can pull you over for noise pollution.
Old 1/19/06, 07:27 PM

I think most people would say deepest are either Macs or the Borla stinger/ford racing/steeda units.
Old 1/19/06, 10:31 PM
GT Member

the borla stingers / ford racing / steeda's are deep as heck i installed my a few days ago and cant get over how deep they are are they are much more noticable from 750 - 2,700 rpms after that i think they sound the same but they are great
Old 1/20/06, 01:52 PM

Originally posted by ZGarske01@January 19, 2006, 9:34 PM
the borla stingers / ford racing / steeda's are deep as heck i installed my a few days ago and cant get over how deep they are are they are much more noticable from 750 - 2,700 rpms after that i think they sound the same but they are great
Are you 100% happy with your borlas? Im thinking of getting borla instead of the flowmaster now. so over 3,000 rpm how do it sound? close to stock but deeper?
Old 1/21/06, 05:20 PM

I have a link to a guy who put the Corsa axlebacks on his GT. www.riscx.com/05_mustang/ I'm planning on ordering these.

Those of you with Corsa, where did you purchace them because I found them for $602 at www.autopartswarehouse.com

By the way this is my fist post and I just joined so happy to be here.
Old 1/21/06, 08:48 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by MustangJr.06@January 21, 2006, 7:23 PM
I have a link to a guy who put the Corsa axlebacks on his GT. www.riscx.com/05_mustang/ I'm planning on ordering these.

Those of you with Corsa, where did you purchace them because I found them for $602 at www.autopartswarehouse.com

First of all, welcome to the forums!

To answer your question, I bought my Corsa's at Livernois Motorsports for $585. Shipping was pretty fast, but don't expect any confirmation emails or tracking numbers because they don't send any.

-TRB
Old 1/21/06, 09:11 PM

Originally posted by TorchRedBeauty@January 21, 2006, 10:51 PM
First of all, welcome to the forums!

To answer your question, I bought my Corsa's at Livernois Motorsports for $585. Shipping was pretty fast, but don't expect any confirmation emails or tracking numbers because they don't send any.

-TRB
Thanks for welcoming me TorchRedBeauty.

Did you have to pay shipping & handling or was it free, because for $602 s & h it's free.

And since you don't get a tracking number does that mean if they get lost on the way there's no way to find them and it was a wasted $585? And what did you do if you didn't know when they were coming? :scratch:
Old 1/21/06, 09:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MustangJr.06@January 21, 2006, 7:23 PM

linky is deady.

oh and
Old 1/21/06, 09:33 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by MustangJr.06@January 21, 2006, 11:14 PM
Thanks for welcoming me TorchRedBeauty.

Did you have to pay shipping & handling or was it free, because for $602 s & h it's free.

And since you don't get a tracking number does that mean if they get lost on the way there's no way to find them and it was a wasted $585? And what did you do if you didn't know when they were coming? :scratch:
Good point. My total was $604.54 with shipping, so it looks like Auto Parts Warehouse is a better deal.

I'm sure they would have taken care of it if they were lost in shipping. There probably is a tracking number, it's just that they didn't send it to me. And yes, it was terrible not knowing when they were going to arrive. The suspense was killing me.

BTW, I just started a thread with sound clips here.

-TRB
Old 1/22/06, 03:16 PM

Originally posted by korinwoodo@January 21, 2006, 11:16 PM
linky is deady.

oh and
Thanks,

I just tried the link and it worked fine, maybe it doesn't work at all time of the day, I've tried it a few times and it doesn't work but it's fine right now.
Old 1/24/06, 06:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by DjSaL@January 20, 2006, 2:55 PM
Are you 100% happy with your borlas? Im thinking of getting borla instead of the flowmaster now. so over 3,000 rpm how do it sound? close to stock but deeper?

Borla's rock bro---the look on bystanders at the corner of an intersection when i accelerate through second gear is hilariuous, they watch me all the way---awesome!
Old 1/27/06, 03:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Figure I would put this video here too for a reference. It is a start up, in car, and drive by video. It is with Pypes O/R h pipe, and Mac axlebacks.

I tried to do a little of everything in the video (ie moderate acceleration, WOT etc.) but was limited a bit since I was holding the camera with one hand and shifting and steering with the other.

http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?f...D5-25A948314300
Old 2/6/06, 08:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

http://media.putfile.com/05-Mustang-GT-dyno-run

Here's a dyno run with the Pypes H and JBA's.

Compared to a run with just JBA A/B's:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...611&q=dyno+run
Old 2/10/06, 09:38 PM
V6 Member

I know this might be a stupid question... but why do I not hear anyone chimmin' in about the magnaflows. Are they not good quality or loud enough? Reason I say this is because I've been battling between what I want for months now. Mine came with the magnaflow axlebacks... or that is what Roush told me. Want a more deep and aggresive sound but not too enoying. Any help would be nice. thanks
Old 2/14/06, 03:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cobragman1215 @ February 10, 2006, 10:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I know this might be a stupid question... but why do I not hear anyone chimmin' in about the magnaflows. Are they not good quality or loud enough? Reason I say this is because I've been battling between what I want for months now. Mine came with the magnaflow axlebacks... or that is what Roush told me. Want a more deep and aggresive sound but not too enoying. Any help would be nice. thanks
[/b][/quote]

not sure if this is the original "Exhaust Thread" that i had chimed in to in the past but ---

tried the Bassini Axleback - was good - but ended up going back to the Roush Offroad one ( not the standard one that comes on the Roushes ) and put the Bassini X-Pipe and Offroad straight pipes with it --- the sound - after about 750 miles of seasoning - it sounded like the baddest hot rod i ever heard - n / k --- everyone and anything wants a race on the street and it will scare pets and children - sound off alarms - wake up sleepy drivers - all that stuff --- a friend put the exact system on his 05 GT with the modular hi-flow cats that come with it and it is same - but only about 30% as loud -- sound is similar though ---- he drives his all the time ---

yep - after all the hassles i've had - the Roush axleback is best to stay on there and work via the midpipe and cats --- [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/15/06, 04:59 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Patience @ January 24, 2006, 7:07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Borla's rock bro---the look on bystanders at the corner of an intersection when i accelerate through second gear is hilariuous, they watch me all the way---awesome! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Okay, I was on the phone with Ford to order the FRPP/Borla-S Axleback and then wussed out. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img] I've read every post I can find on this, but am still a little worried about:
1) being able to control the loudness when you want to (I live now in apt.)
2) Severity of 'drone' and how easy/annoying that is to control
This is my daily driver, but the stock exhaust is definitely too quiet for me.

On a separate note, this is the best/most comprehensive Mustang site I've seen. I've learned a lot from y'all and hope to return the favor someday!

Thanks for ANY input on this,
D
Old 2/15/06, 08:31 PM

I believe that if you're gentle with the throttle, the FRPPs are pretty quiet. As for drone, I've heard wide-ranging opinions. I'd buy them. If the drone is a problem, you can eliminate much of it by dynamatting the sheetmetal under the rear seats and in the trunk.

Cold startups will make them bark a bit, that can't be avoided. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/16/06, 02:17 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(smedin @ February 15, 2006, 9:34 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I believe that if you're gentle with the throttle, the FRPPs are pretty quiet. As for drone, I've heard wide-ranging opinions. I'd buy them. If the drone is a problem, you can eliminate much of it by dynamatting the sheetmetal under the rear seats and in the trunk.

Cold startups will make them bark a bit, that can't be avoided. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Thanks smedin. That's the exact conclusion I have come to. I think I'm just overworrying about it. I've also done a quick search of Dynamat on Yahoo! Shopping and found at least one place that has the $250 bulk kit for about $125. I would have probobly done this even without the mufflers. I was also thinking of getting some spray on/paint on sound deadener and applying it to the area directly above the mufflers (if there is a palce to do this). Whenever I get the time to do this I'll be sure to post my results!

Quick Reply: The 2005+ Exhaust Thread