Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

Camaro vs Challenger

Search this Thread

Old 11/14/13, 03:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Those SRTs though look so nice! I'd love to have one if they had better performance.
Old 11/14/13, 03:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Krohn
Those SRTs though look so nice! I'd love to have one if they had better performance.
Or if they weighed lighter, didn't make em out of the Chrysler 300 frame
Old 11/14/13, 04:46 PM
GT Member

Actually, they made the Challenger on a Mercedes E-class chassis. That was when Chrysler and Daimler were partners. And that's why the car rides so nice. You'd see if you ever tried to change a tire on one, I have, and you have to raise the car so **** high the trunk is over your head. It's unbelievable how much suspension travel that car has. Best riding muscle car ever made imho.
Old 11/14/13, 06:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by exchallenger
Actually, they made the Challenger on a Mercedes E-class chassis. That was when Chrysler and Daimler were partners. And that's why the car rides so nice. You'd see if you ever tried to change a tire on one, I have, and you have to raise the car so **** high the trunk is over your head. It's unbelievable how much suspension travel that car has. Best riding muscle car ever made imho.
Oh they were? I was told the charger, 300, and challenger was all same chassis.

Yea I had a 2009 before, it was nice, but doesn't turn the corners the way our mustangs do
Old 11/14/13, 07:16 PM
GT Member

They were the same chassis from the E-class, which was way cheaper for Dodge to use than to design their own from the ground up. I understand they lopped several inches off the chassis to fit the challenger body and the others were virtually unchanged. I agree the challenger is a barge in handling compared to the sting, but the challenger has a vastly superior ride.
Old 11/14/13, 08:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by exchallenger
They were the same chassis from the E-class, which was way cheaper for Dodge to use than to design their own from the ground up. I understand they lopped several inches off the chassis to fit the challenger body and the others were virtually unchanged. I agree the challenger is a barge in handling compared to the sting, but the challenger has a vastly superior ride.
I do love the looks. Dodge did great job on bringing back that retro look, especially with the rt classic package. I put my rt and 5.0 along side eachother and sound coming from the stang really put the rt to shame, both stock, but ford just sounds alot louder, deeper, overall better.

So does the chassis still come from e-class?
Old 11/15/13, 08:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Definitely Challenger over the Camaro. They look so bad@ss. The only thing lacking in the challenger compared to our mustangs and even the camaro's, is the exhaust is sooooo weak.
Old 11/15/13, 09:16 AM
GT Member

Not much has changed on the Challenger since its re-introduction. It's not like they had a lot of money, what with bankruptcy, joining Fiat, and all. They add new colors and improved engine performance a little but it's all short money stuff. Frankly, I'm amazed they were able to bring the car out at all given all the problems. That redesign team was outstanding.
Old 11/15/13, 12:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MDkid92
Definitely Challenger over the Camaro. They look so bad@ss. The only thing lacking in the challenger compared to our mustangs and even the camaro's, is the exhaust is sooooo weak.
+100
Old 1/10/14, 06:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...170136602.html
Old 1/10/14, 07:22 PM

Sounds like Dodge may be rolling out a 600+HP version of the Challenger at the Detroit auto show. Not sure if the styling will change much because Dodge basically nailed it as it is, so best not to screw up a great thing.

While it still may fall short slightly on raw performance/numbers, Dodge has always seemed willing to concede that a bit to pursue a more mature and broadly usable and daily drivable car; a gentleman's muscle/pony car if you will.
Old 1/10/14, 08:55 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
I hope they keep that same challenger body around for another decade, its in my opinion the best looking new car out there today, even though its been around a while, and so closely resembles the original... Classic lines never go out of style.

The new camaro was kinda ok till i saw one for real, its fugly to me... Sat in it, and gotta say that was the most unappealing, claustrophobic black hole of a interior ive ever seen. The challenger interior was nothing fancy, but more than adequate, and visibility was good. I honestly dunno how you could feel confident driving that camaro though... Beltline is a mile too high, dash/windshield seems like its 15 feet away - and they tried rehashing the 69 console gages... Looking at the floor while driving was a bad idea in 69' still is today.

Last edited by ford4v429; 1/10/14 at 09:10 PM.
Old 1/11/14, 10:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ford4v429
I hope they keep that same challenger body around for another decade, its in my opinion the best looking new car out there today, even though its been around a while, and so closely resembles the original... Classic lines never go out of style.

The new camaro was kinda ok till i saw one for real, its fugly to me... Sat in it, and gotta say that was the most unappealing, claustrophobic black hole of a interior ive ever seen. The challenger interior was nothing fancy, but more than adequate, and visibility was good. I honestly dunno how you could feel confident driving that camaro though... Beltline is a mile too high, dash/windshield seems like its 15 feet away - and they tried rehashing the 69 console gages... Looking at the floor while driving was a bad idea in 69' still is today.
They should try and make it lighter and handle turns better. I love the way it looks
Old 1/31/14, 12:22 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I know I'll probably get a lot of heat for this, but I think the Challenger is the best looking of the retro muscle cars followed by the Mustang. I've never really liked Camaros.
Old 1/31/14, 12:58 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Vader99
I know I'll probably get a lot of heat for this, but I think the Challenger is the best looking of the retro muscle cars followed by the Mustang. I've never really liked Camaros.
Tbh im there with ya. If the challenger didnt feel like a boat and was better powered i mightve found myself in one. I live the way they look and sound. Arguably the best sounding of the three. Im looking forward to the supposed Cuda coming within the next few years.
Old 2/3/14, 06:18 AM
V6 Member

I have been a lifelong Chevy guy. But when the Camaro came out I was stunned at how bad it looked. I wanted a modern muscle car.So the only choices I had was the Challanger or Mustang.Both nice looking retros.Went with the Mustang.But I would take the Challenger over the Camaro any day!!
Old 2/3/14, 06:38 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CCTking

Tbh im there with ya. If the challenger didnt feel like a boat and was better powered i mightve found myself in one. I live the way they look and sound. Arguably the best sounding of the three. Im looking forward to the supposed Cuda coming within the next few years.
Same here, my desktop background is a black SRT8.

Last edited by wheelman; 2/3/14 at 06:39 AM.
Old 2/12/14, 08:14 PM
Cobra Member

Love my Stang but the Challenger is the best looking of all 3 ponies. That flat black SRT , tinted windows and black wheels looks sick.
Old 2/18/14, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by 2012GT
Love my Stang but the Challenger is the best looking of all 3 ponies. That flat black SRT , tinted windows and black wheels looks sick.
this is a mustang website i love mustangs there faster than both camaro and charger
Old 2/18/14, 09:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MustangPro33

this is a mustang website i love mustangs there faster than both camaro and charger
Challenger?

The guys at dodge did great job on it, if ford for it's hands on it, that'd be a awesome little toy there

Quick Reply: Camaro vs Challenger