The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Which is Better (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f668/)
-   -   Camaro vs Challenger (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f668/camaro-vs-challenger-511107/)

Mustang Mafia 7/9/12 09:52 PM

Camaro vs Challenger

I personally love the Challenger but was just too heavy and I went with my 12' GT. I used to be an F-body Camaro SS owner and loved that car so I'm not impartial to brands. In the end, the 5.0 was too sweet to pass up and I couldn't have made a better choice. If you went with the Camaro or Challenger, which would you choose and why?

Glenn 7/10/12 05:58 AM

The challenger I just like the way they look more than the camaro.

mustangmikeFL 7/10/12 06:02 AM

Challenger over the camaro for sure, I just can't get into the camaro at all. I'm still pissed that Pontiac and the firebird are just distant memories now.

MusicMan66 7/10/12 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by mustangmikeFL (Post 6394362)
Challenger over the camaro for sure, I just can't get into the camaro at all. I'm still pissed that Pontiac and the firebird are just distant memories now.

Yep, I would love to see one of these:
http://images.thecarconnection.com/m...00232104_m.jpg

But for me, the Challenger looks better than the Camaro.

lime05 7/10/12 08:33 AM

I'd vote challenger if it were between the two. My sister has a camaro and while the exterior is pretty cool looking I really hate the inside. Seats are very uncomfortable and I dislike pretty much the entire dash. Not to mention is it a complete boat to drive. On the other hand my uncle has an srt8 challenger and I really like it. Much better then any new camaro ive been in.

AlsCobra 7/10/12 09:45 AM

Just depends what you are using it for. If I planned on bringing it to the track or planning on modding it, Camaro. If I planned on just making it look clean and driving it every day, challenger. I think the challenger is beautiful and the only reason I don't own one is because I don't trust Chrysler at all. The Camaro I really don't like the looks of but the drivetrain and platform is great.

rhumb 7/10/12 09:49 AM

Challenger.

While I generally rant and rave against big fat cars, there is something strangely appealing about this Clydesdale of pony cars. The clean styling is easily the best of the three pony cars and it carries its girth with surprising aplomb and agility. It sort of strikes me as more as the understated gentleman's pony car for those of a certain age that still enjoy a very fast and very capable car.

MikeD73USA 7/10/12 01:05 PM

Challenger

Mustang Mafia 7/10/12 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by rhumb
Challenger.

While I generally rant and rave against big fat cars, there is something strangely appealing about this Clydesdale of pony cars. The clean styling is easily the best of the three pony cars and it carries its girth with surprising aplomb and agility. It sort of strikes me as more as the understated gentleman's pony car for those of a certain age that still enjoy a very fast and very capable car.

I like that response. It's like when you are driving a Challenger the statement is, "I'm a gentleman and I'm fast but I don't have to be the fastest to be the coolest pony on the road."

Overboost 7/11/12 09:33 PM

Challenger.

Of the two, it's the most comfortable, easy to drive, and best looking. You don't have to fold your children to fit in the back seat. Driving both, it throws the weight around, but it's not obnoxious. The only complaint is the interior. Give it the same attention the Charger got and it'd be a solid car. I'll take mine as an SRT8 in B5 Blue.

2k7gtcs 7/11/12 10:30 PM

Challenger!

The Camaro is an abortion.

David Young 7/12/12 04:30 AM

Challenger.

rechner843 7/12/12 05:31 AM

Challenger

Tron 7/12/12 05:34 AM

Same here, Challenger.

Zastava_101 7/12/12 06:29 AM

Challenger.

HOSS429 7/12/12 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs (Post 6395739)

that`s the best way iv`e heard it described
.. it`s butt ugly .. i cant believe even the camaro lovers really like it that much it`s just they have no other choice ...

Mustang Mafia 7/12/12 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Challenger!

Partial birth, at that.

justindo 7/17/12 09:41 PM

I choose the Challenger in addition to the Mustang, mainly because it's the best looking of the three, in my opinion. The Camaro, in my opinion, is the worst of the three. I don't like it's exterior or interior looks, the interior is the cheapest, visibility is the worst, it's more cramped than the Mustang and yet weighs almost as much as the Challenger. The Camaro is in the middle in terms of performance, but doesn't do anything as well as the Mustang or the Challenger in terms of their individual strengths. The Mustang is the performance vehicle while the Challenger is the ultimate great looking, great riding cruiser. The Camaro is neither of these. Hopefully the redesign on the smaller, lighter platform will be more successful.

jacostang 7/17/12 10:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Challenger!!! But I'm Bias....

SilverSkoundrel 7/18/12 02:48 AM

Painful fire