Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

Bullitt vs Accord

Search this Thread

Old 3/7/08, 10:34 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I don't know about others but Mustang was a car I wanted since high school but could never get. Couldn't afford it at first, then had to have truck as I could only afford one vehicle and needed truck for work. Then kids came and I needed room of a crew cab truck, now finally I can afford the second car for me, I am proud of my $28k other car. A Honda Accord was never an option for me. Always liked them when my friends moms had them, but just not for me.
Old 3/8/08, 12:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fireball1
From Motor Trend recent test data:

2008 Bullitt ... 2008 Accord 6-MT

0-60: 5.0 sec ... 5.7 sec
1/4 mile: 13.7 sec @ 102.7 mph ... 14.0 sec @ 102.5 mph
60-0: 127 feet ... 127 feet
Lateral acceleration: 0.87 g ... 0.88 g
MT Figure Eight: 26.4 sec @ 0.52 g ... 26.7 sec @ 0.67 g
Price: $34,235 ... $28,945

I find it astonishing that a 2008 Accord coupe V6 6-speed can almost keep up with a special edition Mustang Bullitt rated @ 315 horsepower. Notice the trap speed of the Accord is almost identical to the Bullitt. Front wheel drive cars are getting faster!
My brother-in-law has always been a Honda owner and I have always been a Mustang owner. He recently bought said Accord above. He is not really a car enthusiast but somehow got ahold of this article. I am NEVER going to live this down
Old 3/8/08, 02:00 PM
FR500 Member

^^^ Time to show who him who is the better driver/has the better car. The gap may look small "on paper", but in the real world, it would be more apparent. Nothing like a little "visual example" to illustrate the difference... FWIW, more people will have more positive reactions toward the Mustang than any Accord coupe - now or 5 years from now.

Last edited by hi5.0; 3/8/08 at 02:02 PM.
Old 3/8/08, 03:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by MustangLynda
My brother-in-law has always been a Honda owner and I have always been a Mustang owner. He recently bought said Accord above. He is not really a car enthusiast but somehow got ahold of this article. I am NEVER going to live this down

Lynda- you don't have to live anything down- with your new Bullitt you ARE LIVING!
There is NO WAY he's going to enjoy his ride as much as you will be enjoying yours!
So what if the Accord is close performance wise? It still comes in 2nd place in all performance comparisions!
Old 3/8/08, 05:06 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't care how fast an Accord is, competition breeds improvements for everyone. Besides, I'll never buy an Accord, as it lacks a few very important qualities that I demand in my own personal transportation: 1) gas V8 engine, 2) rear wheel drive, 3) muscular styling.

I'd buy the new Hyundai "Genesis" V8/RWD long before I'd ever consider a V6/FWD Accord.
Old 3/8/08, 08:31 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MustangLynda
Since it seems MT didn't do the comparison someone has to specifically look up the specs for each.
Maybe your brother in law did that or maybe he reads here.

Anyway, it really doesn't reflect reality.
Old 3/8/08, 11:08 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
I don't care how fast an Accord is, competition breeds improvements for everyone. Besides, I'll never buy an Accord, as it lacks a few very important qualities that I demand in my own personal transportation: 1) gas V8 engine, 2) rear wheel drive, 3) muscular styling.

I'd buy the new Hyundai "Genesis" V8/RWD long before I'd ever consider a V6/FWD Accord.
Right, but nobody is saying that the Accord is THE alternative to the mustang. It's just saying that there are similar performance specs to the two of them. You're 100% right in saying an Accord is no Mustang, but it's the same on the other end of the stick. Probably for the same reasons that you, me and everyone else with a mustang, bought a mustang, are the same reasons why the Accord buyer won't buy one.

Facts:
-V8s, no matter how effecient, will always be looked at as gas hogs, no matter how you drive.
-RWD cars, no matter how well you drive, will do poorly in less than desirable weather conditions. FWD cars, because of weight distribution do just that much better in snow and rain. That's not saying, however, that some idiot behind the wheel of any car is not dangerous. Think of guys that crash 4WD trucks in minimal snow.
-Muscular styling isn't right for every car. Wish it worked that way, but not everyone has the same kind of taste. Can't tell you how many young girls come into the dealership looking for a "Cute" car.

But that's just playing devil's advocate. I love my mustang and wouldn't trade it for any car that has an option of coupe or sedan. The two options I want for my car are hardtop or convertable.
Old 3/13/08, 02:10 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ran my Gt in the 1/4 and managed a 13.8 and 101.7 or something
wow i feel slow =[
Old 3/13/08, 02:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Accord is almost identical to the Bullitt
Almost doesn't count.
Old 3/15/08, 10:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dsg2003gt
uhm, im surprised nobody mentioned that it is impossible for the accord to put that power down on anything other than a straight track. no limited slip...typical honda gayness.
My 06 Civic Si has a helical LSD...
Old 4/4/08, 08:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by d*rock
Would it kill Ford to put a 6 speed manual into the Mustang as an option? You know the gas mileage would be better!
This is the argument I've been trying to make for a long long time.

GEARS make more difference than is often really appreciated; you get the added performance AND the extra mileage. Best of both extremes by far.

When presenting this argument, I have often run in to the same old counter argument; "Yea, it would be better but it would also cost more".

OK ... FINE ... However ...

If you built only the 6-speed and no 5-speeds then the 6-speed would be more in demand, more of them would be built, and hopefully the enhanced production of the 6-speed would drop the cost for that transmission significantly. True enough, the 6-speed will cost a little more than the 5-speed, but may not cost as much as they do now if more of them were mass-produced and the present cost was further offset. Maybe I'm wrong ... (???)
Old 4/29/08, 05:50 PM
V6 Member

LOL NO! And the Accord doesn't sound nearly as sweet at the Bullitt!
not true! With one of these babies, it'll sound like a gt!!

http://www.vroombox.com/vroombox/