Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

Appearantly I'm a target now

Search this Thread

Old 12/30/04, 06:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always seem to get the ricers with the boom can mufflers revving at me. Either at a stop or just cruising along. It's kind of embarrasing that they would even challenge a mustang GT. I just let them go and do their thing and it makes them even more upset because I won't give them the time of day. They are dangerous, so watch out when they are around you and acting stupid.
Old 12/30/04, 07:47 PM
Bullitt Member

I slaughtered a Nissan Z on the freeway this week. He was begging for it -- I've got to admit - that car is very agile in traffic- but nevetheless it got swallowed up by the 300 hp. Eventually I saw him in my rearview exiting the freeway.

My 2nd conquest was a late 80's Z28 about 1 o'clock in the morning. The driver shouldn't even have tried... he had two passengers w/ him... weight ratio didn't even give him a fiighting chance. They must have been going home from a club or something. Kept on darting off from light to light - trying to entice me. Must have been the alchohol in his veins or somethin. Eventually I gave in a little. B) Rev'd up to about 4k rpm. Threw it in 2nd & popped the clutch when the light turned green. (First time I did that by the way in my '05) LOTS of wheel spin!.. Finally she dug into the asphalt and was looking for the finish line. I looked over my left shoulder to see the chevy about 3 car lengths behind & some aweful noises were coming from his engine. :scratch: I felt sorry for him. I backed off the gas.. eventually they caught up & the guy riden' shotgun rolled down his window & said "I never liked Mustangs - they're for girls but Ford really hit a homer w/ that one... You gotta great car". I really didn't pay him any mind but he was right about 1 thing. Ford hit a homer with this one
Old 12/30/04, 07:49 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by LilHog@December 30, 2004, 8:23 PM
I always seem to get the ricers with the boom can mufflers revving at me. Either at a stop or just cruising along. It's kind of embarrasing that they would even challenge a mustang GT. I just let them go and do their thing and it makes them even more upset because I won't give them the time of day. They are dangerous, so watch out when they are around you and acting stupid.
My big dummy of a husband took their bait today and got his mustang key took away........hes all proud- I'm all- REVOKED!

BTW- he did it in the olds..... and won.

I will not do more than a quick acceleration on a greenlight. Fuggedabout racing, and jacking up my insurance or killin myself just cause I wanted to be silly.
Old 12/30/04, 08:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Had a little fun with a '05 Black Hemi Magnum tonight coming home from work on the expressway. Not really racing but just a little harmless fun. Those cars are quick but no match for the mighty 'Stang with a 3rd gear downshift at around 70 mph!
Old 12/30/04, 10:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well I am just like most of you guys. I am not the type that has something to prove when it comes to these kids that wanna street race. Its not worth the time, the possible ticket ot the possible fatal accident. However, I gave in yesterday. I had been driving home on the interstate and this 18-20 year old in a freakin Cougar (dont know what year but it was the last body style they recently came out with) just kept on challenging me with high speeds and then slowing down. I kept my cool and kept my speed at the speedlimit and just grinned at him. Well, like I said before, Im not the type thats gonna take any chances. I finally exited off the interstate on to a highway. Im on the right lane, 1st car infront of the red light and sure enough he pulls up beside me. He kept on looking at me trying to challenge me. Well, needless to say he takes off like a wild man. I took off normally and then decided to floor it. I think I just got up to about 40 by the time I caught up with him on a 55 passed him and slowed down looking at him to see why he was not following. Well, he was trying to but just didnt have the HP I guess and he just slowed down trying to avoid me from embarishment. It was pretty funny. I guess I had teenager moment. I think it has to do with my B-Day coming up. Im 29 and will be 30 Jan. 14th. Probably going through a mid age crisis. LOL :bang:
Old 12/30/04, 10:48 PM
GT Member

Glad I'm not the only one. Just about everyday I leave people puzzled as to why I'm not taking them up on their challenges. I've had to go to Dallas the last couple of days to see my dad in the hospital and all the way there people are looking at me like I'm crazy because I drive at most 5-7 mph over speed limit. Its funny, they realize that its a new mustang and then wait for me to just tear down the highway, and when I don't you can see the disappointment on their face. I know that my car is fast and there is no reason to get a ticket, or worse, hurt/kill someone else just to show off. It is hard at times to not give in to the temptation, but I didn't buy the car to prove anything to anybody, I bought it for me to enjoy. And I enjoy it more and more each day!
Old 12/30/04, 10:51 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

got my 4th kill today on my way into work another z28