Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

Anyone else sick of people hiding behind the evo they don't own?

Search this Thread

Old 2/7/11, 06:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The age old addage of person A having a car not as fast as person B's car so person A knows person C or someone on the intrawebs that has a car pushing 900 WHP or more smoking lambo's. In the import world person C is usually the guy with the 1500+HP dyno queen supra who probably doesn't even know person A, or if A is a domestic, person C is the guy with the nitro swilling blown door slammer.

Last edited by Slims00ls1z28; 2/7/11 at 06:44 PM.
Old 2/8/11, 11:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 98Stangv6
I'm sick of anyone hiding behind the car they didn't buy. If you're parents bought it for you, unless there is some significant reason why you deserve, don't brag about it. There is no pride involved with a car you didn't buy and don't pay the insurance for.
I have a perfect example of "kids" being full of crap and having no clue about how much things actually cost. I went to the local car wash, and the guy working there taking my order asked me what year my car was. I replied, "2008." He then proceeds to say, "Oh yeah, that's cool... I'm about to get a 2010 Roush Stage 3 427R." I just rolled my eyes and said, "Cool, good luck with that man." But I was sitting there thinking, "not only does he probably not have $500 to his name, but I bet he has no clue the breakdown of the fact that it will cost 500 hundred dollar bills to buy that thing."

The truth probably is that his step dad is about to buy one maybe, and he might be able to go for a ride in it.

Originally Posted by Slims00ls1z28
The age old addage of person A having a car not as fast as person B's car so person A knows person C or someone on the intrawebs that has a car pushing 900 WHP or more smoking lambo's. In the import world person C is usually the guy with the 1500+HP dyno queen supra who probably doesn't even know person A, or if A is a domestic, person C is the guy with the nitro swilling blown door slammer.

Dude, u lost me... I wasn't very good at algebra
Old 2/8/11, 11:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by G Wrecks
I have a perfect example of "kids" being full of crap and having no clue about how much things actually cost. I went to the local car wash, and the guy working there taking my order asked me what year my car was. I replied, "2008." He then proceeds to say, "Oh yeah, that's cool... I'm about to get a 2010 Roush Stage 3 427R." I just rolled my eyes and said, "Cool, good luck with that man." But I was sitting there thinking, "not only does he probably not have $500 to his name, but I bet he has no clue the breakdown of the fact that it will cost 500 hundred dollar bills to buy that thing."

The truth probably is that his step dad is about to buy one maybe, and he might be able to go for a ride in it.
Back before I stopped teaching last year, I taught a kid who had an 06 or 07 mustang with something close to 500 hp. His dad did help him get a loan for it, but with all the hours he works at McDonalds, he can afford the car, the gas and insurance for it, and not much else. Since he did not have any bills to pay, he was fine with working just for the car and maybe a couple of dates here and there. If I did not have any bills, imagine what stuff I could get.
Old 2/8/11, 12:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Itravelalot
Back before I stopped teaching last year, I taught a kid who had an 06 or 07 mustang with something close to 500 hp. His dad did help him get a loan for it, but with all the hours he works at McDonalds, he can afford the car, the gas and insurance for it, and not much else. Since he did not have any bills to pay, he was fine with working just for the car and maybe a couple of dates here and there. If I did not have any bills, imagine what stuff I could get.
Ok.... but this isn't McDonald's which is open 24hrs a day. This is a car wash that is closed at 8, closed when the weather is nasty, and he can't even start work until at least 3. So lets say the weather is perfect... he gets in 5 hours 5 days a week... and lets say he gets 16 on weekends (which no kid does this). That's 41 hrs. for an ideal week. He probably gets paid $8 hr. That's $328 a week before taxes. Insurance for him will be **** near $250 a month. With a decent interest rate (for a kid) of 8.9% and financing 50K for 5 years, he's still looking at $1037.86 a month.

So he'd be looking at about $1288 a month for 5 years!!! That only leaves him with $24 a month to buy gas!
Old 2/8/11, 12:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok.... but this isn't McDonald's which is open 24hrs a day. This is a car wash that is closed at 8, closed when the weather is nasty, and he can't even start work until at least 3. So lets say the weather is perfect... he gets in 5 hours 5 days a week... and lets say he gets 16 on weekends (which no kid does this). That's 41 hrs. for an ideal week. He probably gets paid $8 hr. That's $328 a week before taxes. Insurance for him will be **** near $250 a month. With a decent interest rate (for a kid) of 8.9% and financing 50K for 5 years, he's still looking at $1037.86 a month.

So he'd be looking at about $1288 a month for 5 years!!! That only leaves him with $24 a month to buy gas!
He might have another job. There are a lot of kids stupid enough to spend every last dime they have on a neat car that they will only drive to school and back every week. I think you underestimate how crazy/stupid some high school kids are. I have also seen more than my fair share of bragging about cars that kids will never own, but believe me, there are always a few that really do not mind working a bunch just to pay for a car, gas, and insurance. It makes them popular for some reason. Kids are generally nuts. And many did always have better cars than I had.
Old 2/8/11, 12:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Itravelalot
Kids are generally nuts. And many did always have better cars than I had.

I agree, but usually daddy bough it for them.
Old 2/8/11, 12:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Also, I guess I took it as a jab... I'm 24 and this is my first true purchase for nothing but enjoyment. It isn't a means for transportation, but a way to have fun while getting from point a to point b. I worked very hard to be able to afford this, and he's talking about spending 30k more than what I spent. My note is just over $800 a month, but I'll be done in 2 years. I dunno... maybe if you saw/talked to him, you'd see that he was full of crap.

but back to the subject Evo's are nice, but i like more than twice the displacement.
Old 2/9/11, 02:49 AM

Don't judge a man by his job, I bought my 09 gt brand new. I had near perfect credit and pay less than 500 a month. I made a small down payment with my part of my last deployment check from iraq. And I now work at a grocery store. I make about 30gs a year there (they held my job while I was in the corp and by law they had to bring me back on with all raises I would have received). I also get about 10gs from the va for disability. I have had so many people assume that my mustang isn't really mine. Just because where I work now. I would say I have earned every nut and bolt on my mustang. Not to say that kid at the car wash is or isn't on the level. But he could have something going on that you are unaware of....... or he could be liar. I just try not to judge untill I know for sure.
Old 2/9/11, 03:44 AM

Also, I guess I took it as a jab... I'm 24 and this is my first true purchase for nothing but enjoyment. It isn't a means for transportation, but a way to have fun while getting from point a to point b. I worked very hard to be able to afford this, and he's talking about spending 30k more than what I spent. My note is just over $800 a month, but I'll be done in 2 years. I dunno... maybe if you saw/talked to him, you'd see that he was full of crap.

but back to the subject Evo's are nice, but i like more than twice the displacement.
And even if he does get a car that cost 30k more so what..... that doesn't take anything away from your stang. My girl isn't the fastest in the world but I enjoy driving her and that's all that matters to me.
Old 2/9/11, 12:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mjb09gt
And even if he does get a car that cost 30k more so what..... that doesn't take anything away from your stang. My girl isn't the fastest in the world but I enjoy driving her and that's all that matters to me.
HE DOESN'T DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol... i'm over it anyway, it just got my panties in a bunch i guess

Old 2/9/11, 03:01 PM

HE DOESN'T DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol... i'm over it anyway, it just got my panties in a bunch i guess

Lol no worries we all do from time to time
Old 2/15/11, 07:15 PM

First time poster here and registered upon stumbling across this.. So bear with me here as I might set this off on the wrong foot. I'm 24 and have owned imports and domestic. So i see and here stuff like this all the time. Yes I can't stand the ignorant importers either that have those idiotic mentalities some of you speak of. But on the other hand I see WAY more ignorant muscle car guys that speak of these "Rice burners" . I feel anyone labeling a vehicle such as an Evo a rice burner doesn't have any knowledge what so ever as to what these vehicles "Hondas, toyota's, Nissan's ect" are capable of. Btw I believe the fastest 1/4 mile time from a stock Evo is mid 12's so.....

http://wot.motortrend.com/ten-of-the...sted-3109.html I'm sure someone has pulled a faster time by now.

Not to mention the MKIV supra which's last model produced in the usa was in 99 I believe ran a 1/4 time of 13.3 stock...

Yes I really do seem where some of you are coming from but apples to apples I see way more muscle car guys talking trash and being ignorant about "rice burners" then I do vise versa. Actually all the car meets, dyno days, and what not I would attend in my built c5 vette I constantly got loads of respect and compliments from import guys and always felt welcome. Yes thats right I said built C5 and I'm 24.. One thing I can say is my parents didnt pay for it, insurance was actually very cheap, and I am a commercial electrician making top wages. I still believe it was an early stupid mistake and it was something I had to learn from.

Now sorry for the rant and if there was any ignorance on my part. One thing I can say is the 99ish cobras in my opinion are one of the best bang for you bucks fastest vehicles with little mods. I dont know to much about the new ones so im not gonna go there. Also on a side note the evos are capable of crazy fast time with little money invested.. Like real fast!!! But one thing I know from experience is there motors actually hold up very well but its there output shafts that go when beat on stock.

I noticed that most everyone on here respects the cars themselves for the most part. But this thread seemed like a mellow enough one to start getting this out there and stop all this madness.. BTW all respectably import builders dont agree with huge ugly wings, retarded altezas, unpainted body parts, stupid stickers, and imports that look like a lego car.
Old 2/15/11, 09:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by gsx750r93
One thing I can say is the 99ish cobras in my opinion are one of the best bang for you bucks fastest vehicles with little mods.
Welcome. I was with you till the '99 Cobras became the best bang for your buck. I would think any Cobra after the '99 (mostly starting with the Terminator) would be much better bang for your buck. I would say that most of the members here wouldn't classify an import as "rice", just because it's an import. It takes a certain lack of class to be categorized as "rice".
Old 2/15/11, 09:24 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
people have been thinking my parent have been buying my cars for years now.. I could careless.

A$$-U-Me
Old 2/16/11, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by gsx750r93
I noticed that most everyone on here respects the cars themselves for the most part. But this thread seemed like a mellow enough one to start getting this out there and stop all this madness.. BTW all respectably import builders dont agree with huge ugly wings, retarded altezas, unpainted body parts, stupid stickers, and imports that look like a lego car.
First let me say welcome and second I'm sure most members would agree there are tuners and there are ricers. The high end cars like the evo, skyline etc. Are great cars with lots of potential hp. I started this thread not to bit** about the evo but rather the guy in a civic who hides behind the evo that he doesn't have because he can't beat a mustang. I do know where you are coming from though chevy fan boys give me more crap than anyone.
Old 2/16/11, 01:01 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Theres definitely a huge difference between tuners and ricers lol. and its not just exclusive to the higher end imports. I had a friend with a chevelle in high school who traded it over the years, and when i asked what he was driving at the end of high school, he said a 500hp integra. I was baffled and humbled at the same time.

there are tasteless things that tasteless people will do to their cars, regardless of what the car is. and people are always going to talk trash. I mean I own a mustang ii. i might be the definitive expert of receiving trash talk (and most of it came from other mustang owners lol).

also, welcome gsx750r93
Old 4/10/11, 08:51 PM

Heck yeah!