Mustang Motorsports All forms of racing and motorsports activity allowed!

Track Related Mods

Search this Thread

Old 4/2/16, 09:50 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by SGwick
looks like I'll be spending more time there since more people track their cars are active in the forums
Practically everyone there tracks their cars. There's a wealth of racing knowledge there! I've learned a lot... I Try to bring some of it back here too
Old 4/2/16, 11:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by dmichaels
Practically everyone there tracks their cars. There's a wealth of racing knowledge there! I've learned a lot... I Try to bring some of it back here too
yeah I was really surprised how active in the forums track drivers were and just the amount of information they've shared. Win win for all :-)
Old 4/2/16, 11:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

so it looks like 18x10 with Nitto nt01 275/40/18 (like 295 widths) for me
Old 4/3/16, 03:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
I've been spending most of my time now on track Mustangs.com. Thanks for that info D Michaels. I wish I would've known of the site years ago.
Old 4/3/16, 03:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by redonblackpony
I've been spending most of my time now on track Mustangs.com. Thanks for that info D Michaels. I wish I would've known of the site years ago.
ditto :-)
Old 4/4/16, 04:18 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Glad the other forum is helpful! I try not to spend too much time there cause my wallet ends up lighter and lighter...
Old 4/4/16, 06:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I think the fact that it was called bossmustangslonline previously probably turned some people away. That's where I first learned about Blowfish racing (their shifter bracket...even though I havne't purchased yet). I also found some other stuff there and I signed up even though I didn't have a BOSS.

dmichaels threads here have been very helpful as well.
Old 4/19/16, 11:02 AM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Getting used to the new suspension, and with the temps briefly topping out at 80 over the weekend I had a chance to push a bit more in some corners.

Good news! The car seemed more balanced now (not as tail happy as earlier) and I'm guessing that's because tires are now warm and grip again. No more straight line performance issues either. Still slow turn in, and that's something I have to experience at the track, but when I turn the wheel 90 degrees it doesn't turn as fast as it used to. No push or anything, just slower response. I need to think about this one a little more. Is it the front bar? Is it -2.0 deg of camber? Not sure yet...

I also see a lot of micro-cracks in my front rotors, particularly the passenger. I just ordered some Centric blank Cryo rotors. Not sure if I want to swap them up now or save them as my spares.
Old 4/20/16, 05:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
Getting used to the new suspension, and with the temps briefly topping out at 80 over the weekend I had a chance to push a bit more in some corners.

Good news! The car seemed more balanced now (not as tail happy as earlier) and I'm guessing that's because tires are now warm and grip again. No more straight line performance issues either. Still slow turn in, and that's something I have to experience at the track, but when I turn the wheel 90 degrees it doesn't turn as fast as it used to. No push or anything, just slower response. I need to think about this one a little more. Is it the front bar? Is it -2.0 deg of camber? Not sure yet...

I also see a lot of micro-cracks in my front rotors, particularly the passenger. I just ordered some Centric blank Cryo rotors. Not sure if I want to swap them up now or save them as my spares.
I'm still surprised your turn in feels slow... Mine is excellent with the suspension and front sway. Strange

I would t worry about the surface cracks. Mine developed them after one or two track days and I've put 19 more days on since. They are very robust!! I did crack a rear rotor but since upgrading to the large rears, I don't even have surface cracking on them. Much cooler I guess!
The following users liked this post:
5.M0NSTER (4/20/16)
Old 4/20/16, 06:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Those with SS brake lines, what are you using?
Old 4/20/16, 06:48 AM
Banned

I'm still surprised your turn in feels slow... Mine is excellent with the suspension and front sway. Strange

I would t worry about the surface cracks. Mine developed them after one or two track days and I've put 19 more days on since. They are very robust!! I did crack a rear rotor but since upgrading to the large rears, I don't even have surface cracking on them. Much cooler I guess!
Wow, so your stock Brembo fronts lasted ~20 or so days and a few thousand miles on the street? I got spares just to be safe. I will bring them with me just in case I crack one. Or I could swap out to new ones now and bring the take-offs as spares. But it sounds like I still have life left in current rotors. If I can get by with my original set till the end of the year that would be great.

As for turn in, I think it's a combination of 0 toe and high negative camber. I will do Grattan and Mid-O as is, and might adjust my alignment after to get some toe out. I want to evaluate if I really NEED -2.1 and -2.0 deg of camber up front. Maybe -1.6 and some more toe out is more of where I want to be at.

Originally Posted by mustang5o
Those with SS brake lines, what are you using?
I use Russell lines. You can pick them up on LMR for cheap:
https://lmr.com/item/RUS-693380/Must...ar-05-14-GT-V6
Old 4/20/16, 07:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
I use Russell lines. You can pick them up on LMR for cheap:
https://lmr.com/item/RUS-693380/Must...ar-05-14-GT-V6
I thought I had seen people using Russell. They are a little cheaper at AM. However, I might consider Vorshlag when I do the lines. Not sure though considering they are twice the price. They do have a longer line in the rear to not stretch at full droop. Just planning for when my next brake flush is due.
Old 4/20/16, 08:01 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Also using Russell. I've put maybe 25 track days on them. Probably 2500 track miles. Plus 10k street miles. No issues.
Old 4/20/16, 08:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Also using Russell. I've put maybe 25 track days on them. Probably 2500 track miles. Plus 10k street miles. No issues.
Any thoughts on when the "full droop" issue would ever come into play? I'm guessing if they work for you with all of your track time, they will be fine for me.
Old 4/20/16, 08:49 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Any thoughts on when the "full droop" issue would ever come into play? I'm guessing if they work for you with all of your track time, they will be fine for me.
I've had no issues... Have jacked the car up many many times and everything looks fine
Old 4/20/16, 10:08 AM
Banned

I've had no issues... Have jacked the car up many many times and everything looks fine
Ditto, I had mine on before I lowered the car, and there was no issue with letting the rear or the front hang. These perform flawlessly and are a great value.
Old 4/20/16, 10:16 AM
Banned

P.S. I have some pictures of my lines installed on page 3 of this thread
The following users liked this post:
mustang5o (4/20/16)
Old 4/20/16, 07:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
I saw the Russell stainless steel brake lines on American muscle. Not really familiar with that brand. Possibly made for American muscle?
I went with the stop tech braided stainless steel lines. Brake pedal remains firm after many high-speed braking laps at the track.
Old 4/20/16, 07:41 PM
Bullitt Member

I've seen Russell at LMR, AM and Amazon. That's probably what I'll end up with.

I have a hard time bringing myself to pay the price for the Vorshlag parts. That's why I copied dmichaels pieced together brake cooling but then used Vorshlags idea of putting them behind the lower grill and cut out some the honeycomb pattern to let the air through. I almost ordered their open lug nuts too as I thought the 17mm head would make it much easier to get a socket in there but again, price plus shipping was too much. Got 25 of the Ford ones for only $24 locally. I'll take it.
Old 4/21/16, 01:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I've seen Russell at LMR, AM and Amazon. That's probably what I'll end up with.

I have a hard time bringing myself to pay the price for the Vorshlag parts. That's why I copied dmichaels pieced together brake cooling but then used Vorshlags idea of putting them behind the lower grill and cut out some the honeycomb pattern to let the air through. I almost ordered their open lug nuts too as I thought the 17mm head would make it much easier to get a socket in there but again, price plus shipping was too much. Got 25 of the Ford ones for only $24 locally. I'll take it.
The 3" high strength lugs too? Highly recommend them over OEM... I know of a couple guys who had OEM lugs fail at the track. I switched over last year to the APR ~200ksi lugs. Love them

Quick Reply: Track Related Mods