Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

LIQ.WAX DEEP CRYSTAL CARNAUBA by MEGUIARS

Search this Thread

Old 8/19/06 | 12:49 PM
Bullitt Member

LIQ.WAX DEEP CRYSTAL CARNAUBA by MEGUIARS

Any comments or opinion on this product I would appreciate it. Thanks
Old 8/19/06 | 02:52 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

works great, but use the 3 step for best results, their polish and cleaner wax (especially if you have light swirls) in this line is where the product really excells

but I personally like their Professional Mirror Glaze line the best, the NXT also works well, but I still prefer the Mirror Glaze.
Old 8/19/06 | 05:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by rrobello
works great, but use the 3 step for best results, their polish and cleaner wax (especially if you have light swirls) in this line is where the product really excells

but I personally like their Professional Mirror Glaze line the best, the NXT also works well, but I still prefer the Mirror Glaze.
Can I use the carnauba and nxt-- just the two. Carnauba then polish. Thanks
Old 8/19/06 | 06:11 PM

The Meguiars in the red bottles are their consumer (bottom) line of products.......sold in almost every store,

The Meguiars in the tan bottles are their professional line and that is what you want to use......they have a cleaner (use first) and a glaze #7 (use second) and then use as a final coat their NXT,

You will be more than happy by the time you finish, let us know.
Old 8/20/06 | 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by st06vert
Can I use the carnauba and nxt-- just the two. Carnauba then polish. Thanks
you can but they are both waxes, it would just be applying two coats of wax (different) ones, but polish then wax not the other way around, polish shines up the car wax seals in the shine

if you are going to go the route of using both a carnuba wax and synthetic combo I suggest the following:

-wash the car properly and make sure paint is ready to go, no above or below surface contaminants/flaws

-polish with Meguiars Show Car Glaze #7

-apply a coat of Meguiars High Tech Yellow #26 (yellow Carnauba wax blended with silicones, polymers)

-if you have time and the means then after removing wax let sit in garage over night then reapply another coat in the morning and remove when dry (the only thing you put on a cars paint that you wait until its dry to remove is the wax)

-apply a coat of Meguiars Synthetic Sealant #21

-then after it is all removed and has let set for a bit then go back and touch up with Final Inspection or Quick Detailer.
Old 8/20/06 | 05:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by rrobello
you can but they are both waxes, it would just be applying two coats of wax (different) ones, but polish then wax not the other way around, polish shines up the car wax seals in the shine

if you are going to go the route of using both a carnuba wax and synthetic combo I suggest the following:

-wash the car properly and make sure paint is ready to go, no above or below surface contaminants/flaws

-polish with Meguiars Show Car Glaze #7

-apply a coat of Meguiars High Tech Yellow #26 (yellow Carnauba wax blended with silicones, polymers)

-if you have time and the means then after removing wax let sit in garage over night then reapply another coat in the morning and remove when dry (the only thing you put on a cars paint that you wait until its dry to remove is the wax)

-apply a coat of Meguiars Synthetic Sealant #21

-then after it is all removed and has let set for a bit then go back and touch up with Final Inspection or Quick Detailer.

Thank You!!
Old 8/20/06 | 11:50 PM

you are welcome, good luck if you have questions about application or anything else feel free to PM me.