Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

To the Croftgate Users...

Search this Thread

Old 6/23/11, 12:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the Croftgate Users...

I just got my Grabber Blue 2012 GT and was very interested in Quick-N-Slicks durability. I'll probably always do a classic wash, and hand waxing with Meguiars products for my full details but I'm seriously thinking about using this stuff for my quick details.

Any input from the Croftgate users?? I watched their videos and the one with the bird droppings is really hard to believe. I know to remove bird droppings as soon as I see them but there are some times where I could be in occupied for long periods and bird poop could sit. From what I've read, as soon as bird droppings touch the paint, damage begins. If this quick-N-slick can really protect against bird poop for at least a few hours, that alone will really put my mind at ease when I'm in class or shopping.

Thoughts? Input?

Last edited by flySWA737; 6/23/11 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12/2/11, 05:04 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've used Croftsgate's Quick and Slick and Aquanil X. After using the the Aquanil X for 8 or 10 times I can now see that I am starting to get swirl marks! Maybe I used to little not sure! But the Quick and Slick it's not bad for a quick detailer!
Old 12/2/11, 05:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
I have used the quick an slick and liked the results but I thing the megs ultimate wax is just as good. Spray it on a microfiber and apply.
Old 12/9/11, 04:51 PM

Anytime you use a polymer based wax you get the added durability and protection from pollution and bird droppings. Not only do you get added durability of the wax lasting around 6 months after application. Products like Croftgateusa and meg ultimate wax both offer this critical for car drivin daily. So yes the product will protect against bird droppings, I would how ever remove the brid droppings asap. Hope it helps!
Old 12/9/11, 05:31 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I like doin it this way. Wash with ultima wash concentrate (spray) follow with mothers liquid cleaner wax, quick n slick, then turtle wax hard shell on top of that
Old 12/9/11, 06:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I never liked turtle wax products for some reason.
Old 12/9/11, 07:44 PM

I never liked cleaner wax. I always found it more useful to do it in steps. Cleaner waxes to me always never worked as well as a compound , then a wax. Just like everything else it is what the person is comfortable with, their application and results.
CCTKING, I suggest try a clay bar at some point.
Old 12/9/11, 07:46 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by buffalo mustang
I never liked cleaner wax. I always found it more useful to do it in steps. Cleaner waxes to me always never worked as well as a compound , then a wax. Just like everything else it is what the person is comfortable with, their application and results.
CCTKING, I suggest try a clay bar at some point.
I only clay bar once a month, what i posted is just what i do on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
Old 12/10/11, 06:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

clay bar once a month is a bit much, most do it maybe twice a year.
Old 12/10/11, 09:43 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
clay bar once a month is a bit much, most do it maybe twice a year.
Well im somewhat of a perfectionist. Plus woth construction zones surrounding my house and school its almost a must if i wanna keep my car lookin new as long as i can. Te amount of dust and dirt in the air is atrocious, not to mention the Sand and grit that get grinded into my paint on a daily basis. I k ow its overkill but its what i do
Old 12/25/11, 10:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

I really can't recommend spending your money on Quick N' Slick. I've used it many times and while it does leave a slick finish there are far better and less expensive products out there IMHO. If you want a spray wax/sealant I would recommend Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax. For about $9 a bottle it can't be beat. Honestly, Quick N' Slick only lasts a 3 to 4 weeks anyway.

Here is my personal maintenance plan:

Wash with Ultima Waterless Wash + or Optimum No Rinse (Ultima contains Polycharger and will boost the longevity of your present protection)

Seal with Ultimate Quik Wax (also boosts the protection already present)

Also, if you haven't tried it yet, I highly suggest Meguiars Ultimate Wax (paste). It lasts for months (a close friend of mine used it on his mother's vehicle and it is still there 5+ months later with only 3 washings!) and is extremely easy to use.

I'm not saying CroftGateUSA is bad by any means but I believe they have fallen behind the curve. I feel there are newer and superior products are out there for a better price. It's just the nature of the industry. New products are being developed all of the time.

Here are some links to good products:

http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-car-care.html

http://optimumcarcare.com/

http://www.meguiars.com/

Last edited by 1999 Black 35th GT; 12/25/11 at 10:17 AM.