Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Alternatives to CroftGate?

Old 6/3/11, 09:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alternatives to CroftGate?

Before the flames start - I have not used CroftGate, it might be the most awesome invention in the history of mankind - this is IN NO WAY a slam at them. I'm strongly considering ordering some to give it a shot...

That being said - what other products are out there for the quick touch-ups between washes? Just something I can do quick in the basement to get rid of fingerprints/smudges/whatever....
Old 6/3/11, 09:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had good results with the turtle wax ice spray detailer. My car is black so I have made the jump to the black box from turtle wax.
Old 6/3/11, 09:59 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Any of those spray quick detailers work ok for touch up jobs. The ones at the autoparts stores.
Old 6/3/11, 10:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Any of those spray quick detailers work ok for touch up jobs. The ones at the autoparts stores.
Hey big bro
Old 6/3/11, 10:34 PM

Sup Ev? Shutting it down early tonight bro.
Old 6/3/11, 11:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sup Ev? Shutting it down early tonight bro.
I am already in bed. Very long week. Got any advice on a fuel pump change. Gimme some pointers would ya. Inbox please
Old 6/4/11, 12:55 AM
GT Member

Yea pretty much anything off the shelves at any auto parts store. When I don't use croftgate I either use mothers or mequiars.
Old 6/4/11, 01:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
I usually use Meguier's, and have also used Mother's a few times. For in between touch up, I would think anything decent would be fine. I try to stick to mostly one brand for all my detailing, but there's a lot of good products out there.
Old 6/4/11, 07:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts

spray some on a micro fiber towel and have at it. I have been using the croftgate wash and quick n slick stuff. I think the two are pretty close when it comes to ease of use and results.
Old 6/4/11, 07:42 PM
GT Member

Quick n slick does last alot longer though and to me it seems to leave much smoother surface
Old 6/5/11, 08:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
I can get the megs stuff almost anywhere.
Old 6/8/11, 10:20 PM

I bought some Meguire's ultimate quick detailer - and I have been somewhat impressed with it, but I don't really have a point of reference so I was thinking about ordering some of the croftgate stuff.

To keep from posting in 2 places, can anyone tell me the difference in Aquanil and Aquanil X? Also, what benefit should I expect to see with Aquanil over the Meguire's that I have now?
Old 6/9/11, 08:04 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by rctoyguy
I bought some Meguire's ultimate quick detailer - and I have been somewhat impressed with it, but I don't really have a point of reference so I was thinking about ordering some of the croftgate stuff.

To keep from posting in 2 places, can anyone tell me the difference in Aquanil and Aquanil X? Also, what benefit should I expect to see with Aquanil over the Meguire's that I have now?
Aquanil X has a Bit more liquid polymers than regular aquanil. Basically a lil more wax and protection. Regular aquanil seems to work very well with flat black finishes and black plastic trim. Someone correct me if I left something out but that's about all I know.
Old 6/9/11, 08:28 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Leo93
Aquanil X has a Bit more liquid polymers than regular aquanil. Basically a lil more wax and protection. Regular aquanil seems to work very well with flat black finishes and black plastic trim. Someone correct me if I left something out but that's about all I know.
When using Aquanil you are basically just washing the car

When using Aquanil-X you are washing and waxing the car and that is where the difference is.

So you pretty much got it Leo they both provide the the macro polymer protection, Aquanil-X just adds that protective layer of wax as well.

I have had great sucess on my flat black hood with Aquanil-X as well as the plastic window trim and my deck lid cover. Dont be afraid to try it out in unconventional spots!

If you are looking for a quick detailer I suggest getting a squirt bottle (32oz same size as your Croftgate bottles) adding about 4-6oz of Aquanil-X and filling the rest with filtered water (the cleaner water you use the better the results) then use this mixture as a quick detailing spray, you'll be amazed!

Here are some photos from my crappy camera phone. Check out the shine even under the shade of a tree!

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 6/9/11, 12:43 PM

so if I used aquanil-x, would I still need the quick and slick? I thought the quick and slick (or whatever it's called) was the wax portion of the process.
Old 6/9/11, 01:05 PM
V6 Member

so if I used aquanil-x, would I still need the quick and slick? I thought the quick and slick (or whatever it's called) was the wax portion of the process.
Yes and no, Quick N' Slick isnt really a wax its a Protectant and Sealant. on a

I typically Wash my car with Aquanil-X and them go back over it with Quick N' Slick to add that extra layer of protection plus Quick N' Slick lasts a lot longer than your typical wax job and you should see the water bead up and slide right off!

When I wash my car with Aquanil-X and then do half of say the hood with Quick N' Slick afterwards I can def tell a difference the Quick N' Slick side is much "slicker" especially after letting it fully harden and seal after 3 weeks my car still looks like I cleaned just yesterday.

You can also use Aquanil and then Quick N' Slick.

It seems like your best bet would be to simply invest the 17 dollars in the sample pack from the website. This should give you enough to really get a good feel for the products. I promise you will be hooked just like I was!!!

Don't hesitate to call Frank either (their technical applications guy) he may not answer but leave a message he always returns calls and he has answered countless amounts of questions that I have had.

Here is a link for a recomended cleaning procedure hopefully I or this will have helped clear things up a bit. Its actually a super easy process.

http://croftgateusa.com/about-us/cleaning-procedure
Old 6/9/11, 01:42 PM

This is what has me a little skeptical. Aquanil X is a wash and wax. So the dirt might actually be scratching the clear and the wax part may be filling it in at the same time. So you just dont see it. That's just me thinking. It may actually lift the dirt and might not scratch at all. It may really do what they say it does. Its scary on black cars though. I have a gallon and use it sometimes.
The quick n slick is definitely recommended. That stuff is great and I will continue to use it for a long time.
Old 6/9/11, 02:11 PM

what do you mean "scary on black cars"? Scary how awesome it is, or scary that you don't know what is actually going on?

I guess I need to plan on ordering some quick and slick along with a pile of MF towels... don't know for sure about the aquanil compared to the meg's that I've been using (although I've only used it twice). The meg's is definitely cheaper.

oh, what $17 sample? only package deal I saw was $80
Old 6/9/11, 02:20 PM

what do you mean "scary on black cars"? Scary how awesome it is, or scary that you don't know what is actually going on?

I guess I need to plan on ordering some quick and slick along with a pile of MF towels... don't know for sure about the aquanil compared to the meg's that I've been using (although I've only used it twice). The meg's is definitely cheaper.

Just scary that I'm not convinced what's actually going on. Not saying that it doesn't do what is advertised. Just not sure.
Old 6/9/11, 03:10 PM
V6 Member

This is what has me a little skeptical. Aquanil X is a wash and wax. So the dirt might actually be scratching the clear and the wax part may be filling it in at the same time. So you just dont see it. That's just me thinking. It may actually lift the dirt and might not scratch at all. It may really do what they say it does. Its scary on black cars though. I have a gallon and use it sometimes.
The quick n slick is definitely recommended. That stuff is great and I will continue to use it for a long time.
Trust me I was scared at first too but I have talked to Frank and seen the High end cars he has used it on from Astons to Ferrari's I am a firm believer it will not scratch your paint hell I have used it for 4 months on my car with amazing results and no scratches.

http://www.croftgateusa.com/buy-crof...ts/sample-pack

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alternatives to CroftGate?